Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    > @ItsASimzLife said:
    > > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > > @MrsSteepdene and @ItsASimzLife, I have reuploaded v.5 Snowy Escape populated save file. Can you tell me if it's working now?
    >
    > whenever i try to download the pop version i get this message: <Error>
    > <Code>NoSuchKey</Code>
    > <Message>The specified key does not exist.</Message>
    > <RequestId>tx41b501c751f74740b57c6-006031690c</RequestId>
    > <Key>16154/NU6Hqhy9pwqxCUmbHlhbqJy0SRLZBRowWQDYIbdL3nUOTGpMREXtqiVMAaHa6zqt</Key>
    > </Error>
    > i haven't checked unpop one yet though

Nevermind i figure out hot to get it....i'll let you know if it works....and thank you!!!

I have no idea what any of that means. I'm glad you figured it out. I hope it works.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    I've been playing The Sims since it launched in 2000; how have I only just found this?!?! I can't wait to see how your amazing Sims and their families evolve over time with MCCC story progression!

I hope you enjoy the save file. I would love to know what MCCC does in your game.
  • ItsASimzLifeItsASimzLife Posts: 7 New Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > I have no idea what any of that means. I'm glad you figured it out. I hope it works.

Lol...yea it was weird...but the save works for me now...thank you
    > I have no idea what any of that means. I'm glad you figured it out. I hope it works.

Lol...yea it was weird...but the save works for me now...thank you

I'm so glad it all works. Enjoy! :)
  • EllGeorgianaEllGeorgiana Posts: 13 New Member
    Save file looks incredible, well done. Any tips for starting? Did you completely delete all lots and do it world by world? I absolutely love the architecture style each have their own vibe and there has been so much effort put into the households you have created. Amazing work.
    Save file looks incredible, well done. Any tips for starting? Did you completely delete all lots and do it world by world? I absolutely love the architecture style each have their own vibe and there has been so much effort put into the households you have created. Amazing work.

Thank you for your nice comment. I'm glad you like the save file. As for tips, I assume you mean when doing your own save file?

Yes, I deleted all lots and sims, then I just started building whatever felt right to me at the time. The save file has had many changes as I went along. I pick an architectural style that I think would look good in a world, and gather tons of reference pictures. I also take inspiration from the surrounding neighborhood, and have even used the debug shells as a base for a build. I try to make every world as cohesive as possible because, for me, it's more aesthetically pleasing. I usually screenshot each world and label each lot with what lot type I want. I usually just edit it in Microsoft paint because it's just for reference. This gives me a clear number of residential lots, and community lots that I need, and also tells me how many households will be in each world.

As for the sims, I try to include pack features into their stories, so it pushes me to explore those aspects of the packs. Plus, it makes the households feel like they belong in that world. I also just think up different scenarios I find interesting to play out. I write out the scenario on paper as a guide of what I want each household to be, then make them in CAS.

If it's a world inspired by a country I'm not familiar with, I do some research. For example, with Snowy Escape I researched traditional Japanese names to help make it more authentic. I researched tatami mats to understand their function/purpose. I did the best I could to make it as accurate as I could.

I'm not spontaneous by nature, I prefer all my ducks in a row. Having it all planned out before I build the first wall or make the first sim really helps. From the moment a new pack is announced I begin planning and gathering inspiration. As more pack information is released, I adapt and plan what lot types and stories might fit in the pack. It's a whole process, and I probably overthink it way too much but it works for me. Again, I hate spontaneity. I have to have a plan A, B, C, all the way to Z, in real life and in the game as well.

I hope this helps. :)
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    I've recently moved my family over to your save, and I must say, it's remarkably well done! The Laurel Heir, Bruno, can't seem to keep his eyes off Damien. They're actually quite insufferably romantic. :sweat_smile:
    NfOvYAN.jpg
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    BookBear wrote: »
    I've recently moved my family over to your save, and I must say, it's remarkably well done! The Laurel Heir, Bruno, can't seem to keep his eyes off Damien. They're actually quite insufferably romantic. :sweat_smile:
    NfOvYAN.jpg

Aww! That's cute. Thanks for sharing. Damien's a bit of a bad boy though, so be careful :)
  • benjikeyabenjikeya Posts: 1 New Member
    i have one question can we download on the playstation
  • BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    benjikeya wrote: »

No, sadly I believe you can't modify the sims folder on a console. Same reason you can't have mods.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
    BookBear wrote: »
    benjikeya wrote: »

No, sadly I believe you can't modify the sims folder on a console. Same reason you can't have mods.

Thanks for answering, @BookBear. I just saw the comment. :)
  • LuasyuLuasyu Posts: 6 New Member
    Hello @SweetieWright_84, first of all I'd like to say your save file is arguably the best one out there, thank you so much for sharing it with us! :smile:
    The sad thing is that I've recently had to reset my PC and lost the version I had of it, and when I try to download your save again I always get the game data incomplete and infinite loading screens when I enter lots... I suspect this is happening because I only have Sims 4 packs up to University.
    Would it be possible to reupload the University version of your save?
    @Luasyu wrote: »
    Hello @SweetieWright_84, first of all I'd like to say your save file is arguably the best one out there, thank you so much for sharing it with us! :smile:
    The sad thing is that I've recently had to reset my PC and lost the version I had of it, and when I try to download your save again I always get the game data incomplete and infinite loading screens when I enter lots... I suspect this is happening because I only have Sims 4 packs up to University.
    Would it be possible to reupload the University version of your save?

I'm sorry but I don't have that version anymore. Have you tried the Eco Lifestyle version?
    > I'm sorry but I don't have that version anymore. Have you tried the Eco Lifestyle version?

Yes I have, but thank you for your concern either way
    > I'm sorry but I don't have that version anymore. Have you tried the Eco Lifestyle version?

Yes I have, but thank you for your concern either way

Is it just the populated version or both?
    > Is it just the populated version or both?

Both but I forgot to mention that I can enter some households with families in it, the infinite loading screens happen when I enter lots with no families (construction mode)
    Luasyu wrote: »
    > Is it just the populated version or both?

Both but I forgot to mention that I can enter some households with families in it, the infinite loading screens happen when I enter lots with no families (construction mode)

Are you using any mods? Have you tried repairing your game? Does it do it with a fresh save? Sorry if that's a lot of questions, I'm trying to figure out what the cause could be.
    > Are you using any mods? Have you tried repairing your game? Does it do it with a fresh save? Sorry if that's a lot of questions, I'm trying to figure out what the cause could be.

With the game repaired and with no mods it works (infinite loading doesn't happen anymore, I just get the warning that the save is from a newer version of the game) but with my mod folder it doesn't work, I guess it must be an issue with a University related mod
    > Are you using any mods? Have you tried repairing your game? Does it do it with a fresh save? Sorry if that's a lot of questions, I'm trying to figure out what the cause could be.

With the game repaired and with no mods it works (infinite loading doesn't happen anymore, I just get the warning that the save is from a newer version of the game) but with my mod folder it doesn't work, I guess it must be an issue with a University related mod

Try taking out all your mods and adding them one by one to see which one(s) is the culprit. You could also try doing a Save As on the save itself and see if that helps. I honestly don't know what could be causing this issue but I'll try to help as best as I can. I'm sorry it's doing this.
    > Try taking out all your mods and adding them one by one to see which one(s) is the culprit. You could also try doing a Save As on the save itself and see if that helps. I honestly don't know what could be causing this issue but I'll try to help as best as I can. I'm sorry it's doing this.

Thank you for your help, and no worries! Sims 4 can be very unpredictable at times, I can only imagine how mods play into that
    edited April 2021
    > SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Try taking out all your mods and adding them one by one to see which one(s) is the culprit. You could also try doing a Save As on the save itself and see if that helps. I honestly don't know what could be causing this issue but I'll try to help as best as I can. I'm sorry it's doing this.

Thank you for your help, and no worries! Sims 4 can be very unpredictable at times, I can only imagine how mods play into that

You're welcome! Did anything I suggested help?
    Post edited by SweetieWright_84 on
  • L3g4cyS1msL3g4cyS1ms Posts: 1 New Member
    I am loving your save file! The thought that has gone into it is astonishing.

I was wondering if you uploaded the builds in it onto the gallery? I'm buying EPs and GPs slowly so I realised when I buy a new pack, that world isn't furnished as per your save file and downloading the save file again would mean it'd wipe out the sims I have currently played with.
    I am loving your save file! The thought that has gone into it is astonishing.

I was wondering if you uploaded the builds in it onto the gallery? I'm buying EPs and GPs slowly so I realised when I buy a new pack, that world isn't furnished as per your save file and downloading the save file again would mean it'd wipe out the sims I have currently played with.

Yes, all of the builds are on my Gallery. They may be a bit difficult to find because when I uploaded the earlier ones, I had no real plans of sharing the save file with the community. Most of my builds are marked with a hash tag for what world and lot they're built on. Only the builds from the newer packs are marked with a save file hastag...I think.
  • revenga13revenga13 Posts: 1 New Member
    Just wanted to say that this save file is amazing! The characters and stories are so good, thank you so much! :smiley: My families all start with 5k, is it supposed to be like that?
    revenga13 wrote: »
    Just wanted to say that this save file is amazing! The characters and stories are so good, thank you so much! :smiley: My families all start with 5k, is it supposed to be like that?

I'm glad you're enjoying the save file. Yes, the 5k simoleons is on purpose. I wanted to give them something to start with but not make them all rich. I thought by giving them all the same amount, you could be able to pay their bills but still give you something to aspire to with each household. I tried to make the save file as versatile as possible for all playstyles. I hope that makes sense.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top