Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SweetieWright's Save File

Comments

• whymelaniwhymelani Posts: 8 New Member
    I've watched thru video #7. I am not finding much diversity as far as skintones. does this change in later videos? also, I noticed the Relationship panel was not shown. are there relationships outside of the households for most households? I appreciate all the care you have taken in creating these households.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    @whymelani wrote: »
    I've watched thru video #7. I am not finding much diversity as far as skintones. does this change in later videos? also, I noticed the Relationship panel was not shown. are there relationships outside of the households for most households? I appreciate all the care you have taken in creating these households.

The earlier households were made back before we got the skintone update, and I just never went back and changed many. They start to get a bit more diverse and I'm still working and improving that.

As far as relationships, if the back story suggests it, they do have outside relationships. For the most part, I prefer my sims to build their own relationships outside of their household organically. Since I use this save exclusively when I play, it keeps things fresh for me when they don't always have the same relationships.

I hope this answers your questions. I know I have a lot to fix and if/when I get the time, I plan to do so. Thanks for your comment, and I'm glad you enjoy the save.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    I've been following this thread for quite long time, but I think I haven't yet commented anything here. Your save files are wonderful, all is so well, thoughtfully and creatively made! :blush:
    I haven't downloaded your save files, as I like to keep developing my own saves (which I'm not planning to share), but it's great that you have shared your save files for other simmers to enjoy in their games, and it's also wonderful that you have shared your builds and households in the Gallery: I have downloaded many of your beautiful builds and lovely households from the Gallery,
    it's wonderful to add them to my saves, they'll be great additions to my gameplay :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
    @Aaleyn wrote: »
    I've been following this thread for quite long time, but I think I haven't yet commented anything here. Your save files are wonderful, all is so well, thoughtfully and creatively made! :blush:
    I haven't downloaded your save files, as I like to keep developing my own saves (which I'm not planning to share), but it's great that you have shared your save files for other simmers to enjoy in their games, and it's also wonderful that you have shared your builds and households in the Gallery: I have downloaded many of your beautiful builds and lovely households from the Gallery,
    it's wonderful to add them to my saves, they'll be great additions to my gameplay :blush:

I'm glad you enjoy my builds and Sims. At first, I had no intentions of sharing my saves with the community. It was just a way to challenge myself as a builder and Sims maker. When I got most of it done (to the packs I had at the time) I decided maybe others would like it as well.

Are you creating everything from scratch, placing lots/Sims from the Gallery, or a combination of the two? Years ago, I made a save that replaced every lot with Gallery lots and madeover townies . At the time, we only had a few worlds. That's actually what inspired me to make a save of just my sims and builds.
  • AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    Are you creating everything from scratch, placing lots/Sims from the Gallery, or a combination of the two? Years ago, I made a save that replaced every lot with Gallery lots and madeover townies . At the time, we only had a few worlds. That's actually what inspired me to make a save of just my sims and builds.

I do a combination of the two.
    I love building & decorating and I like to build houses & community lots from scratch.
    I also like to renovate or rebuild many of the existing houses & community lots that are in the game, and I also like to download houses & community lots from the Gallery.
    I do like to create my own sims too. I also like to play some of the Premade households (although with them I often make makeovers for them and for some of them I might make changes to their names, or traits etc., and for some of them I make changes to their relationships as well, so I like to make those Premades that I'm playing, more my own characters that way). I also like to download sims and households from the Gallery.

Combining creating myself from scratch and using the Gallery to get builds & sims works best for me, as I'd feel too overwhelming to make everything myself.
    I also have many saves, and I like to have my saves to be different: to have different sims and builds in them (although there are some exceptions: some saves do have certain same builds, and some same sims). So for that reason it's also great to have some builds and sims downloaded from the Gallery.
    Creating a save using only own builds and sims is a big project - it's great that you have done it and shared your save :blush:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
    @Aaleyn wrote: »
    Creating a save using only own builds and sims is a big project - it's great that you have done it and shared your save :blush:

It is overwhelming, especially now that we have so many worlds. I think it took me around a year or two to get mine to a shareable state. I enjoy it though and the end result is so rewarding.

Carefully curating lots and Sims from the Gallery is process too. When there are so many good builds and Sims, it's hard to make a decision. Finding that perfect lot to fit next door the Goths, or the perfect rival for the Landgraabs. The Gallery is overwhelming but in a good way. It's rewarding when you've finished setting the game the way you want, no matter how you go about it.
  • dubspeaveydubspeavey Posts: 7 New Member
    How is the update coming along? Not rushing, I promise! Just wanted to see if there is anything (like a family or a build) that you're particularly excited about. And what are you thinking about the horse pack now that you have it? I haven't played a ton with it, but I really enjoy the build items that came with it.
    edited January 23
    How is the update coming along? Not rushing, I promise! Just wanted to see if there is anything (like a family or a build) that you're particularly excited about. And what are you thinking about the horse pack now that you have it? I haven't played a ton with it, but I really enjoy the build items that came with it.

All of the shells in Chestnut Ridge are built. I have a few community lots finished but only only one house finished. Almost half of the shells in Tomarang are built, but not floorplanned. I'm not as far along as I'd like to be but I'm making progress....slowly.

As for gameplay of Horse Ranch, I haven't played it yet. I usually wait until my save is finished to play with a new pack. I do like the build/buy stuff though. I will have to playtest a bit to make sure my builds are routable for horses, especially for the park/stables I built.

I don't think I'll be making the end of the month deadline I had hoped for. When I work, I get maybe an hour or two to build which isn't a lot of time. On my days off I record/edit for my YouTube channel, and build when I can.
    Do you still have earlier versions of the save file as far back as 2021?

I'm sorry, I don't. The furthest back that I have is March of 2022 (My Wedding Stories).

Most of my sims and lots are on the Gallery (username same as here), you could try searching by world name with a hashtag. It should show all my sims and lots. However, lately I've noticed stuff I'm sure I've uploaded has gone missing. I don't know if it's because of the updates to the Gallery or what's going on.

Is there a specific lots or sims you're trying to find?
    No. I'm not really looking for anything. By the way I found a save that doesn't have all the packs.

That's great! There are a ton of great saves out there. I originally had no intention of sharing mine which is why I used all the packs I own. I have been thinking of making things pack-specific but with my real life schedule it's been a bit tough finding time to devote to it. Hopefully eventually I'll get around to it.

Thanks for your comments.
  • kathojettokathojetto Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, I dont mean to rush or anything, I just wanna to know how the update going on the world of the horses... Love your save! <3
    Hey, I dont mean to rush or anything, I just wanna to know how the update going on the world of the horses... Love your save! <3

It's going ok but not as quickly as I had hoped. I'm working on creating the households and decorating the houses. My real life job doesn't allow me much time to work on it so it's going very slowly.
  • kathojettokathojetto Posts: 5 New Member
    > @SweetieWright_84 said:
    > It's going ok but not as quickly as I had hoped. I'm working on creating the households and decorating the houses. My real life job doesn't allow me much time to work on it so it's going very slowly.

Thank you for the update!! You're the best. <3
  • dextrozadextroza Posts: 3 New Member
    hi, the last your update save is from October 2023?
    @dextroza wrote: »
    hi, the last your update save is from October 2023?

I'm working on the update for Horse Ranch. I didn't plan on getting it at release but I decided to go ahead and get it. I also have For Rent and plan on updating for that pack too.

In September of 2023, I started a job after being a SAHM for many years. I don't have a ton of time these days to work on the save because of that. I'm doing my best but it's taking way longer than I had anticipated.
    > I'm working on the update for Horse Ranch. I didn't plan on getting it at release but I decided to go ahead and get it. I also have For Rent and plan on updating for that pack too.
    >
    > In September of 2023, I started a job after being a SAHM for many years. I don't have a ton of time these days to work on the save because of that. I'm doing my best but it's taking way longer than I had anticipated.

Will there be an update for all add-ons?
    @dextroza wrote: »
    > SweetieWright_84 said:
    > I'm working on the update for Horse Ranch. I didn't plan on getting it at release but I decided to go ahead and get it. I also have For Rent and plan on updating for that pack too.
    >
    > In September of 2023, I started a job after being a SAHM for many years. I don't have a ton of time these days to work on the save because of that. I'm doing my best but it's taking way longer than I had anticipated.

Will there be an update for all add-ons?

I only have Horse Ranch and For Rent left to update. All other worlds from all other packs are already finished. The most recent version (version 10) of both save files (populated and unpopulated) are for Growing Together.

I'm going to release the Horse Ranch update before For Rent. Originally I was going to do both but it was a bit overwhelming. So I thought it was best to concentrate on Horse Ranch and then For Rent.
    ok, then need to wait :)
    Save file update:
    I finally finished Chestnut Ridge. I hope to have the save, a video, the Sims, and lots uploaded some time this week.

Thank you all for patience. I hope you all like it!
  • Bene1992_Bene1992_ Posts: 11 New Member
    > Save file update:
    > I finally finished Chestnut Ridge. I hope to have the save, a video, the Sims, and lots uploaded some time this week.
    >
    > Thank you all for patience. I hope you all like it!

& thank you for your hard work ! <3 Your save is one of my favorite & I can't wait to see the Chestnut Update !
    By the way, I started a "Single Sim Challenge" with your save a few days ago & I'm playing Lina Martinez in San Sequoia. It's so cool to fully play a toodler. B)
    @Bene1992_ wrote: »
    > SweetieWright_84 said:
    > Save file update:
    > I finally finished Chestnut Ridge. I hope to have the save, a video, the Sims, and lots uploaded some time this week.
    >
    > Thank you all for patience. I hope you all like it!

& thank you for your hard work ! <3 Your save is one of my favorite & I can't wait to see the Chestnut Update !
    By the way, I started a "Single Sim Challenge" with your save a few days ago & I'm playing Lina Martinez in San Sequoia. It's so cool to fully play a toodler. B)

I'm glad you enjoy the save.

I think I've seen that challenge, and possibly attempted it a while back. I hope Lina has a great life....or not totally up to you. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy playing with her. 🙂
  • Bene1992_Bene1992_ Posts: 11 New Member
    > I'm glad you enjoy the save.
    >
    > I think I've seen that challenge, and possibly attempted it a while back. I hope Lina has a great life....or not totally up to you. Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy playing with her. 🙂

Today it will be her birthday & she will become a child, & for more fun & boost my creativity, I randomize the traits. I'll see what her future is ! I just cheated once with the father, I used him to pay the bills (my sim can't so I can quickly control a parent to pay it) but I saw he wished to have a baby... so once I "try for a baby" & go back directly to Lina, they did it & now Carmen is in the family. Plus, I'm playing without gameplay mods or CCs that add content in the game. I wanted to enjoy this with just the game has to propose only & not more.
    @Bene1992_ wrote: »
    Today it will be her birthday & she will become a child, & for more fun & boost my creativity, I randomize the traits. I'll see what her future is ! I just cheated once with the father, I used him to pay the bills (my sim can't so I can quickly control a parent to pay it) but I saw he wished to have a baby... so once I "try for a baby" & go back directly to Lina, they did it & now Carmen is in the family. Plus, I'm playing without gameplay mods or CCs that add content in the game. I wanted to enjoy this with just the game has to propose only & not more.

It sounds like you're having a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing. I love reading about what people do with the sims in my save. Feel free to come back with updates if you want.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top