Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game do you think aged the best Graphics wise?

2...Next

Comments

• SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    SIMS 2
    For a 2004 game TS2 has aged very well. It still looks pretty okay when in HD and with smooth edges maxed out.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    SIMS 1
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    SIMS 3
    Sims 3 is the only one that doesn't make me feel like im playing a really old game.
  • Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    SIMS 3
    Unsurprisingly, I think, the votes relate to game age. If you had included #4 I think that would have scored the highest instead.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Alwe1507 wrote: »
    Unsurprisingly, I think, the votes relate to game age. If you had included #4 I think that would have scored the highest instead.
    I didn’t include 4 because it is the current game so it’s difficult to judge how well the game aged. IMO it’s easier to objectively judge a game on how well it ages only after you don’t play it for a while, so while I’m sure some people haven’t played the game in years a lot of people are still actively playing 4. It’s also difficult to judge without The Sims 5. If anything I saw a lot of people were saying the Sims 2 looked better than 3 and thought to ask via a poll what everyone thought. And while you’re right that the Sims 3 is unsurprisingly winning, it’s not a landslide victory by any means and there’s less than a 10% difference. I could have included the console and mobile games as well but I didn’t think it would be fair as every platform has different limitations. When the Sims 5 comes out I’ll be interested in making a new poll that includes 4 as I do see people saying 2 and 3 look better. But really I think all the games are aging really well both visually and just in general especially compared to other video game series.
  • SimSwim2SimSwim2 Posts: 2,481 Member
    SIMS 2
    Sims 2 I thought the graphics were good for the time.
    Origin ID: StripedRainbow
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    SIMS 3
    The Sims 3 as it is open world, views like other games and scenery looks real life.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    SIMS 3
    TS3 looks better than 4.
  • NyxValkoinenNyxValkoinen Posts: 15 Member
    SIMS 1
    Sims 1 because it's graphics are historical. The fact that no game devs today try to incorporate nostalgia graphics in their current projects really upset me. These are part of video games. These are part of history itself. It's a slap in the face of older gamers daily.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Sims 1 because it's graphics are historical. The fact that no game devs today try to incorporate nostalgia graphics in their current projects really upset me. These are part of video games. These are part of history itself. It's a slap in the face of older gamers daily.

That's an interesting view, I find that a lot of indie game developers will use retro-style graphics often imitating the look of Super Nintendo and early Playstation games. But I've never seen anyone try to create something that looks quite like the Sims 1. I do really love the graphics in that game especially the isometric view. Someone made a mod for the Sims 4 that changes the camera angle to match the Sims 1 and it looks really cool