Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Out)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
SimGuruFrost has confirmed there will be an August Patch so I"m putting this up now.

Confirmed a darker blue background to replace the brighter one. I'd say it looks similar to blue darkmode. Hoping for lots of bug fixes as well especially the bugs caused from the June 18th Patch and the Island Living bugs.

Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Maybe some tweaks and fixes to Island Living and off-the-grid? I've seen complaints that you can't clean your toilet or change the laundry tub water with off-the-grid. Plus IL is still missing that island counter. And some other things like the mermaid genetics
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I would like them to fix the labeling on the new swatches from the CAS items. Instead of just getting rid of the original pack completely they should designate what is base game now and what is paid DLC. They did it with the IL toilet I don't know what they didn't do it for these items.

Also the restaurant glitch is the worst glitch because I love restaurants but will delete the next Sim that steals my food.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I guess I got lucky with the restaurent glitch cause when I sent my sims to a restaurent in Sulani that I placed their food didn't get stolen. They were eating outside if that makes a difference. Prehaps it only happens inside?
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The island living counter still needs and island. But why? It's a gosh darn it island pack!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The island living counter still needs and island. But why? It's a gosh darn it island pack!

Yep it makes sense they should patch it in to match the tables and chairs.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    This is most likely gonna be the pre-pack patch for Moschino Stuff.

Is it confirmed that they made those island counters, but they weren’t in the game for some reason? I feel like they just didn’t make them.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I hope the August patch is jam-packed with bug fixes. There are just so many. Free items are always lovely and I certainly would not turn them down, but the bugs desperately need to be address. As @icmnfrsh said, the Off the Grid items need to be fixed. It just does not make sense that items cannot be cleaned or water replaced. Plus there are candles that do not work. There are also other kitchen and bathroom items that look like they should work off the grid.

I would also love it if they popped a working well into the game, makes sense for getting water if there is no mains water. Perhaps have it so they could go there to water plants, change the washing tub, or fill the bath. I appreciate there would be a lot of animations attached to that. Or have one that if you had it on the lot then you could have water for these activities, just for a bit of visual realism.
  • AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I hope the August patch is jam-packed with bug fixes. There are just so many. Free items are always lovely and I certainly would not turn them down, but the bugs desperately need to be address. As @icmnfrsh said, the Off the Grid items need to be fixed. It just does not make sense that items cannot be cleaned or water replaced. Plus there are candles that do not work. There are also other kitchen and bathroom items that look like they should work off the grid.

I would also love it if they popped a working well into the game, makes sense for getting water if there is no mains water. Perhaps have it so they could go there to water plants, change the washing tub, or fill the bath. I appreciate there would be a lot of animations attached to that. Or have one that if you had it on the lot then you could have water for these activities, just for a bit of visual realism.

I would like something like a well as well, especially if they include other Items that Enable Functions to objects that are normally not usable off the grid, Like a Satellite for Internet, or Solar Panels and Wind Mills for Electricity.
  • CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Is it confirmed that they made those island counters, but they weren’t in the game for some reason? I feel like they just didn’t make them.

I could have sworn that the people who were at EA Play all said that they were told the counters and cabinets would be patched in.

I just want some bug fixes. I've got random sims swarming over all my island living lots. The off the grid stuff desperately needs some bug fixes too.

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

yeah a few gamechangers said they asked about them but they weren't added in in time and is supposed to be patched in. i know counters and islands are hard to make because they're modular but........this long with a dedicated staff making stuff as their job? weird. it does feel like they forgot them and is starting from initial scratch right now cause that's the only reason why i see it taking so long, having to go from concept art to approval than 3D rendering and approval then texture and approval and then finally plopped into a patch.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

The GameChangers said the island was glitching out and EA didn't want to put something so glitchy in the game.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Not only the island counters, but please create the upper cabinets to match the bottom one, because the new island living counter doesn't match the other ones. thank you :/
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I hope this patch is bug fixed and another big patch because this one was not it.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Patrice wrote: »
    Not only the island counters, but please create the upper cabinets to match the bottom one, because the new island living counter doesn't match the other ones. thank you :/

I completely agree. There are no matching upper cabinets and I feel the kitchen is unfinished without them.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    My wants for this patch would include:

Bug fixes
    especially genetics
    and cold spot in water bug

Improving IL

-that missing counter option

- added active water areas

at least for Brindleton Bay
    and Windenburg

as those worlds have ISLANDs

-hammock

that slipped out of IL files
    since well we saw that already don't just hide it in files

- hula and haka

since why can you do it in IL event but not in IL?
    that is just... why u do that

-ladder stairs
    what up with that ladder u cant use as stairs?

Improving Off Grid

- ''furniture style'' category for it to make the objects easier to find
    - Off Grid Objects?
    - getting water from some source like well or waterfall or something to use water related objects would be neat
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • arae9arae9 Posts: 24 Member
    Restaurant food stealing is so frustrating
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I hope they finally fix celebrities and retail. For gods sake it's been a year....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sakuske1Sakuske1 Posts: 86 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Improving Off Grid

- ''furniture style'' category for it to make the objects easier to find
    - Off Grid Objects?
    - getting water from some source like well or waterfall or something to use water related objects would be neat

DEFINITELY agree that Off The Grid needs its own catalog sort section! And that 'Functions off the grid" label should be applied in the lighting category, also, because so many that look like they SHOULD work don't, and building just to build is a nightmare without having a sim in there to test every light out in live mode.
    Check out my Gallery with Origin ID: kkranich
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I want nothing but bug fixes. And obviously the darker loading screen so I can finally load my game without worrying about my eyes hurting :(
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Hopefully they fix the restaurant bug, I'm annoyed with other sims stealing my sims food. Retail could use an overhaul, it's definitely needed.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Improvements to the off-the-grid trait would be great. I really want to use it but I'm worried about the restrictions.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Bug fixes of course although I am rarely plagued with them (knock wood) so many are.

An outdoor well with bucket or at least,
    a hand pump for sink (off grid) and one for outdoors.

Fridges can also run on propane so
    maybe an option to have at least one enabled for off grid with all options with gas/wood stove.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Popping in to say that even as I don’t have Island living the stealing drinks thing is happening in base game bars as well...really hope they fix this!

Other than that, I love the new background for the loading screen...it’s a nice color.

Would like to have some nice additions to the game, honestly I’d just like to feed the fish lol

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    Bug fixes are needed, at least for those bugs that affect game play the most!

There is not so much hurry with little/funny/not game breaking ones. Like sim swimming in roads of Windenburg country side on way back from work to home is ok, for a while.. (not really, but it's funny since it does not happen all the time) but that layer of dirt that appears in basements that you can't remove affects game play and building, please fix that as soon as possible.

Also some improvements are always welcome!
    Patrice wrote: »

Agree with this also.