Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What to do off screen?

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
edited July 2019 in Off Topic Chat
So lately I have been getting really tired looking at screens
because I either watch things on my computer or play sims or browse forums and sites *cough* like all the time
and I need a break but I honestly can't think of anything fun to do by myself at home
:confused: so just asking if anyone has any fun ideas?
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Comments

• adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Try to bake something! Baking is fun! Listen to some good music and bake something nice. This is also rewarding (if you succeed, that is).

I'm also fond of reading, drawing and writing journals and stuff. Sometimes I plan my future Sims or their houses on paper.

These came in mind. Because mostly I just stare at screens... :flushed:

origin ID: adduapina
  • StarstruckSimmerStarstruckSimmer Posts: 356 Member
    Uhm, reading, drawing, writing, baking, crafts, stuff like that.
    b664aa5fd45b450309991d52cad05b285b11ca07.png
    old simmer whos just now getting back into it
  • Hatchet_Face_PrideHatchet_Face_Pride Posts: 2,096 Member
    edited July 2019
    I mean, I know it's another screen but I'm a big fan of watchin movies. Also, if you like the out-of-doors, there are parks. There is going to one with a friend or if you have a well-behaved dog, walking your dog there. I used to like feeding the ducks bread or cheap dog food, or taking food there for yourself and friends and having a picnic.
    rjsWAWi.jpg?1
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited July 2019
    I dunno if this is the best place to ask, because most people here are probably pretty geeky, but I like to write, bake, and sketch a lot if that's helpful.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• lemonade578lemonade578 Posts: 75 Member
    > @adduapina said:
    > Try to bake something! Baking is fun! Listen to some good music and bake something nice. This is also rewarding (if you succeed, that is).
    >
    > I'm also fond of reading, drawing and writing journals and stuff. Sometimes I plan my future Sims or their houses on paper.
    >
    > These came in mind. Because mostly I just stare at screens... :flushed:

YESSS! I just made delicious some Black Forest Cupcakes and they were super fun to make!
    cUfiTAd.png
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I think it's good to have at least one of each of the following as a type of hobby:

A hobby to create something - this can be writing, knitting, drawing, building model airplanes, whittling, glassblowing, metal work, and so on. These are also great because one you are sufficiently proficient, you can turn them into a side hustle to make a little extra income, if you ever need it.

A hobby to learn something - learn a foreign language, learn an instrument, learn about your favorite time period in history, you favorite subject in science, your favorite animal, for example.

A hobby that is also a helpful lifeskill - home improvement, gardening, cooking, baking, auto repair, and coding are all good ideas.

I think it's great that you are looking to diversify your interests beyond screens and I hope you are able to find some hobbies you enjoy. Good luck!
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    I dunno if this is the best place to ask, because most people here are probably pretty geeky, but I like to write, bake, and sketch a lot if that's helpful.

Idk I feel like that is the best reason to ask here though because people who do not nerd
    would not have this problem to begin with and are likely to not have much solutions to it
    (and also probably would come up with things that are only fun for social humans :sweat_smile: )
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited July 2019
    Also thanks for the advice everyone!

I figured its probably best to pick up on my old knitting projects and maybe exercise some :sweat_smile:
    that at least should be something I don't do all the time :joy:

baking is tempting but I'm master at causing cooking related incidents and not really sure i want to burn down houses rn :joy:
    maybe one day... :joy: