Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[XB1] Update: Hotfix:July 22nd, 2019 messed up my game; not happy

NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Before I get told I'm not posting in the right place please read what I have done so far:

-I tried reporting the bugs in the Answers HQ, but I can't ( either my account is too young or the submit button is broken, because I tried on my phone and my laptop; an error message doesn't even show up for me, the submit button is greyed out ( I did make sure the form ended up as body copy below * I copied it to show as proof I tried to send it, I previewed before I hit the submit button), and the page does not load after I hiting submit and there is nothing wrong with my internet I have Fios, the highest tier and I'm near two major cities)

-I've deleted all my save files (even in the Cloud)
-Uninstalled and Reinstalled everything
-I don't use cheats (I like earning XB1 achievements)
- I reported to Microsoft
- I shared my problems on Reddit and the Sims Community for PC and XB1 on "Clubs on Xbox" directly from my console

This is why my game is unplayable and why I am not happy with TS4 on console right now:

-Sims everywhere stop what they are doing and you can't do anything to get anyone to start moving again. it might take half a Sim day till everyone starts moving again; my biggest problem

-Get to Work no one is in their uniform including the household Sim whether you follow them to work or not. Men even show up in dresses to work; my second biggest problem

-The music overlay ( 2 different tracks during loading screen start to play and wont stop/while playing and going to build/buy mode two tracks start to play over each other); my third biggest problem

-Sims wont clean because the game believes there is no trashcan, sink ,or dishwasher when all of the above is available in the kitchen.

-Sims disappear in front of the refrigerator and reappear at the table

-Base game/Get together playing with toddler when they are suppose to be on the back of the older Sim is standing on the ground while the adult has weird stretched out arms in the direction of where the toddler is

-Weird stretched out arms when Sims give each other hugs

-Spa Day massage chair is fine for the first hand/foot that gets worked on, but the second gets a weird no touching air massage

-City Living festivals get stuck on top of each other/ do not disappear ( some people say this happens when you attend the festival and leave early, but my Sims were just visiting a lot the festival happened to be on or were living in the same lot the festival was occurring)

This is the report I tried to put in as a first step to letting all of the problems that are occurring in my game be known:

Title
:[XB1] City Living Expansion Pack and BGM Bugs

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)

What is your current game version number? 1.15.2.2300

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, Life of the Party Digital Content, Up All Night Digital Content, Get to Work, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack, Grim's Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
I have added a video; I do not use cheats in my game and look more into the City Living pack causing the major problem

What happens when the bug occurs?
BGM of loading screen does not stop once game loads. If you go to build/buy mode, that music will overlay on top of the loading screen BGM and you'll hear them both play in live mode. * Sometimes when the build/buy mode bgm song ends that will stop, but the loading screen bgm continues on a never ending loop. San Myshuno City festivals are also broken in this video. GeekCon never left ( I never attended the festival, my sim just lives in the Fashion district; and the Romance festival spawned on top of GeekCon so now they both wont leave.

What do you expect to see?
-No loading bgm should be playing during live mode 
-No build/buy mode bgm should be playing during
live mode 
-City Festivals should disappear once they end and not spawn on top of each other 
-City Festivals should not get stuck on the lot when a Sim did not attend the festival and lives in the Fashion District

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?
On console - never used.

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?
Neutral/Not Sure 

( It might be the April update not 100% sure but this is the first time my game is having major problems)
Post edited by NoirStasis on

Comments

• PrincessAmyPrincessAmy Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have had two of these issues appear on my PlayStation 4 (I had Seasons, Cats & Dogs and Laundry Day Stuff when these bugs were happening!)
    "-Sims everywhere stop what they are doing and you can't do anything to get anyone to start moving again. it might take half a Sim day till everyone starts moving again; my biggest problem
    -Sims disappear in front of the refrigerator and reappear at the table"

Has the new update fixed these issues for you? From what I seen on my game the issues went away since the update :o
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited July 2019
    I have had two of these issues appear on my PlayStation 4 (I had Seasons, Cats & Dogs and Laundry Day Stuff when these bugs were happening!)
    "-Sims everywhere stop what they are doing and you can't do anything to get anyone to start moving again. it might take half a Sim day till everyone starts moving again; my biggest problem
    -Sims disappear in front of the refrigerator and reappear at the table"

Has the new update fixed these issues for you? From what I seen on my game the issues went away since the update :o

UPDATE As of July 24th,2019: I have a bug where my teen cannot advance in the drama club to the last level and be able to obtain the drama club accolade.All reqirements are complete( praticing new lines, Level 2 in Acting), I have been trying for so long that her drama skill is at level 9. I use the moodlet solver between the 30 in game minutes( real time 30 secs) she has between getting home from school and having to go to drama club, so all needs are full; an A student in school that always does her projects and extra credit. City Living I went to a festival didnt seem to mess up.

The July 22nd, 2019 hotfix for build/buy messed up my game. I didnt have any problem with windows/doors before, but now I have a problem with windows ( that was suppose to be fixed on the 22nd and having the problems on the 24th). They're super buggy and have gotten to the point where I can choose them, but not place them ( they're invisible).
    Post edited by NoirStasis on