Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

To Trap A Mermaid

So I've been showing my tester sim in the usual new pack thread but ideas were a flowin' not sure how long this will be but rather than spam that thread I was going to share this. So first I'll share a little background before moving in on the new stuff so no need to go digging for my pics but you know if you aren't looking at that thread you could for the other updates those are nice :smiley:

LVoLugC.png
So this is Keon he was one of those "premade" cas sims I believe since he was just needed to test out the off the grid lot trait I really didn't put much effort in him. Anyways here he is with his little sister Alanna that I made in cas with genetics, they also have a dog named Teppei. He was at the bar of one of my new builds and finally realized he left her unattended in the ocean...yeah he's that type.
Tehf3gf.png
Alanna wasn't afraid she was more upset that her playtime was interrupted..she's a baby, not a fool.
AoL4gEe.png
Soon, like after Alanna fell asleep in the sand as they stayed all night he met Maranda, she's another tester I hadn't planned on keeping, she's a mermaid and so is her husband and new son they are close and yet like to try and drown one another. So as things go she ended up cheating though something after her son was born and aged up into a teen she's very glitchy for some reason she can exist but it seems interacting with her now is an issue. She may be pregnant but I may need to keep away from her...aside from the fact that Keon doesn't care that much.

Look how that woman disapproves...she's right to do so lol.
XRM7XGu.png
One night while playing bartender, Keon met Nalani so that's where the story becomes a story.
RUDeyLl.png

Keon is excited to see Nalani the next morning, she was excited to, she loves her home in Sulani and it's people but she still cares to meet sims that aren't there. It changed of course when he seemed to be more than another new friend, with peaceful normally trustworthy people she was used to the young mermaid was more than a little naive. She recognized she was a little lonely in the sense that she saw so many with their families that she didn't have in the same way. Leaving her open to his affections, she wondered why he left his baby but he only assured her his sister was fine, true enough she sat playing peacefully next to Teppei she had nothing to be concerned over.
HPci6j6.png
She...was just glad she met him.

"You're beautiful when you smile." he offered lightly.

"You think so?"

"I think you're beautiful all the time, but mostly."

She only laughed at that but it was nice to hear.

WaNS8uV.png
(Don't mind the dude there I think this lot had that glitch people were talking about but he means nothing here and yes we'll be pretending he's not there.)

Nalani was comfortable around him again perhaps because she didn't know better, this experience was too much for her even still as a grown woman her choices were her own.
3SHEtCR.png
gPIxPfp.png
No matter what they might lead to.
2YR5IuT.png
Keon knew he'd need something better to keep her attention, it was time to leave.
JOiaKxj.png
The thing about off the grid lots no one wants them it's easy to up and go, he got power added, though he liked the private space he wanted to make sure it was clear he was there. He'd fix it up make it nicer so should they meet any "friends" no one will suspect his strange behavior or question his quickly growing obsession. When he called Nalani she was happy to see he made his home on the island instead, that was perfect she could see him and the ocean all she liked.

"I'm so glad to see you, this is some place you have here..."

"That's a nice way of saying I've got work to do." he teased as she grinned.

"Maybe a bit."

"That's where you come in though, I don't know the first thing about decorating maybe you could help?"

"I could if you tell me what you like?"

"That won't matter if you stay with us...I do need help with Alanna after all just a few nights." starting slow to reel her in...so to speak.

It was sudden but Nalani thought little of it, that was the island way after all one's home was anothers as long as they brought the family with them it was family just different from what she desired.

"Oh a sleep over, that sounds fun I could get to know your sister and make sure she has a good room for a little girl." she teased.

She only gave him a little kiss to agree, she'd love to.

That alone kept him satisfied, for now.

MmlInQv.png
He's amazed to have her, starry eyed and such he wouldn't seem so odd..
jOJtXDL.png
At least to those not aware of the dangers of life anyhow.
YIn59Bl.png

At this point I've done a little makeovers here and there..
cLlVTsM.png
Nalani prepares to teach Alanna about life...on the island anyways, and she's aware he'll need a lot of help to turn the shipwreck into a proper home. Alanna was fascinated by her.
ZD9xG46.png
And she in turn couldn't help but love the little sweet pea, unaware...obviously, of the other renovations that Keon had prepared.
rGbmCrW.png
A little tank he hoped he wouldn't have to use but it was waiting for the only occupant it needed.

So yeah went there ha..stay tuned.
Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
All the sims err'day
PmyCqgA.png

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    dS55jMn.png
    Beginning the save even.

Anyhoo, Keon isn't in the best mood till he hears his sister with the bubbly Nalani, he meant to stay awake to prevent her from leaving, he certainly didn't want any misfortune to come her way. He knew it would if he wasn't there, though he also much preferred that she only needed him. He was still satisfied she hadn't slipped away.
    LzYr5F6.png
    He decided to rush to the bathroom while she was distracted, hoping to get himself together before she noticed him, she of course was aware of him behind her but growing tired she let him go..Nalani wasn't much of a people person when she was tired. Still it was a joy being here and seeing that little cherub grinning at her asking for food.
    kzJxrS6.png
    Nalani put Alanna down for a nap and smiled seeing the familiar wave of blue coming to life..so to speak, she smiled a little unsure of what it could want she wasn't too concerned she often had time hearing the spirits clearly when she stayed on land a while no matter who she was with.
    pyKs3xl.png
    With a whispered sigh she was given a sign.

"You're feeling disturbed...sense evil, I understand I'll be careful you don't have to protect me."

Unfortunately, the spirit was aware it was too vague and unable to fix it, just because they could find her didn't mean they sensed from the immediate location. It was a matter of what she was used to there was no reason to be afraid here, at least she believed it to be so. Teppei was just as at ease as Alanna was, she adored Nalani too often following her around.

It was nice.
    IC5yaKB.png
    Soon Keon was training to be a lifeguard he understood the desire wanting to blend in just right so that he is the right after thought....oh it's him, he can be trusted let him be. He only thought about Nalani, he knew Alanna was safe with her after all.

To him, that meant there was nothing else to be concerned about.
    Hc5v5rn.png
    Waking up peacefully Nalani wanted to explore this time Keon was more prepared for her.
    PdjTi4A.png
    wzBqGmV.png
    "Morning did you sleep alright angel?"

She smiled at the nickname, thinking how handsome he looked.

"I did...Alanna is still though.."

"Oh that's alright, she'll wake up later this is a little early for her."

"I was thinking I wanted to go out and have a little swim I'll be back after." he grinned wide.

He couldn't describe the spike in his mood hearing what seemed to be an eagerness to come back to him.

"Well of course since it makes you happy I'll take care of my sister while you're gone, don't be too long." at least she wouldn't thinking he was just being sweet.
    jjQHQWs.png
    Sggn5xT.png
    Sometime after enjoying the water for a bit Nalani spotted another mermaid...or siren perhaps she thought she was alone out here.
    6z5EHJt.png
    She was nice enough but didn't stay long Nalani hoped they could be friends at least.
    mWiL6Gt.png
    xYtnx0G.png
    While cleaning trash up Nalani met another person though he was much friendlier she so enjoyed getting to know the locals though she made him promise not to mention what she was. The islanders spoke about the strange young woman enough without knowing everything about her, he seemed to understand but she wasn't sure.
    fY72vnP.png
    All the same she rushed back to their 'home' quickly enough sure the man would forget what he saw eventually....whenever that would be who could say. She just didn't want to miss out on the ocean while she waited.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • AlwaysAskingAlwaysAsking Posts: 1,403 Member
    edited June 2019
    Ah ha! You've added on again!

My interest is peaked!

Where is the danger coming from? He's aware of it, the spirits are aware of it, but it seems that she isn't??

Unless it is him? lol, I can't tell. He seems sweet for the most part, I'm just not sure of his motives.

The name of the story makes it seem that he's up to no good. Well, that and the secret mermaid tank he built, lol

But this part ....
    he meant to stay awake to prevent her from leaving, he certainly didn't want any misfortune to come her way. He knew it would if he wasn't there.
    makes it seem like the danger is someone else.

I guess I'll stay tuned, lol

I like your makeovers too :smile:
    SqxdF0m.png

Gallery ID is ARIANNANEAL
    @AlwaysAsking you never know when it might be time for an update I can't really answer cause I'm also messing with anyone who might read a lot of things are up in the air at this point as plotting always bounces around. For now...well things happen. Glad you like the makeovers will probably have more later but these work for now.

plotting plotting plotting.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    7NRZKt1.png
    Kash believes his 'precious' wife will give him his second child though it's Keon's spawn that grows within Maranda, not that she would tell him she could say she feels terrible and is ashamed. Though she misses Keon, trying to shake that thought from her head she makes sure that Kash never feels left out as far as her affections go.

"I love you Mara."

"I love you too Kash." at least some part of her believes that.
    1D0jN9n.png
    Kash decided he would become a fisherman to bring in more money for their family, none the wiser he gives little thought to the whispered rumors that Maranda was too friendly with a newcomer. His wife was perfect to him and if anything she could be friendlier he wondered where the newbie was from. Sometimes they did get new people that might be offended by the relaxed ways here..mostly dropping by unannounced, that had to be it.
    JyFkhAM.png
    While he didn't catch any fish he did find a cowplant berry and he was awfully curious.
    cT9bN40.png
    Maranda feels a little more guilty helping Cullio with homework, they saw the humor in dragging one another beneath the waves, as they couldn't drown another. She wasn't amused but this was her family, what had she done..?
    jbqXyek.png
    Still a kid at heart.
    ZS6gc2p.png
    Back at the odd home of Keon Nalani had touched up a few things it was getting more and more comfortable here.

"Potty!" Alanna started excitedly, so proud of telling Nalani she needed help early.

Nalani was forever amused by her.

"Good girl, let's get to your room."
    w9UYdOQ.png
    Still the spirits watch over her silent to her ears unsure if she learned well from their warnings, changing every so often to see for themselves, she only smiled hoping to assure them she was happy here.
    YtH4uCK.png
    Though to Keon he prepared himself for the worst as he spoke to her privately, her nervous fidgeting wasn't helping either he hadn't heard from Maranda and as Nalani herself was often busy with his sister that left him alone much more than he liked.

"Just spit it out Nalani." he prepared to ready her tank, she wasn't going anywhere.

"I uh...I seem to be expecting."

He was silent for a moment till it clicked that is.
    t5poCK8.png
    Nalani was his, stuck with him now and he was thrilled, she was just glad to see him so excited she saw sometimes that he did care for his sister but normally he wasn't very hands on it almost came off as if he didn't care for kids much. This was a nice surprise and for now her nerves settled.
    IQHYXtt.png
    With his..
    l0ySM57.png
    He was ready to be done with Maranda if only it were that easy.

Now short sort of inbetween set up part but meh whatever, hope you liked it it got to the point it needed at least lol.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Stuck with him now? Yikes. That’s ominous.
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
    edited June 2019
    @Dollyllama108 isn't it though? A set up is happening as we speak ha.

@AlwaysAsking update is up there right above the previous comment till I get to the next one.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92

Thank you so much for tagging me!

It's so much easier this way, lol. I guess I am lazy

I love this update, but must admit that I hadn't remembered the existence of Maranda and had to go back to the beginning of the story and figure out who she was 😅

Idk how IL works, but I'll assume that her baby with Keon could end up not being a mermaid. That will be interesting to explain to Kash 🤔

You'd said you couldn't interact very well with her as Keon. You must've gone in and played as her then, right? Was she glitchy?

Anyway, now that we know for sure that she is pregnant, ugh, I'll bet this story will become even more dramatic! But I hope nothing happens to Nalani, as she had nothing to do with it.

Personally I am glad that he feels as though she is stuck with him forever because of a baby. It's much less ominous than having her as a prisoner in a tank

I just want to know his motivation! 😁😅 I don't suppose you'd care to tell me his traits? 😂

I'm also wondering how she hasn't noticed that he has an extra room in his house, it must be huge from the outside of the house 🤔 Unless it's not attached to the house they live in now? The bedroom very obviously looks different.

She's so sweet, and he looks like he can be when he wants to be 😊

Well, that's me, always hoping for a happy story. 😁 Although, he seems convinced that the situation with Maranda will not be easy to handle.🤔

Next update please!!
    SqxdF0m.png

@AlwaysAsking I'm glad you're enjoying it hehe, no problem with tagging :smiley: yeah everyone was just so minor before then things happen, there is a chance that the child won't be a mermaid I'll have to see how she'll play that out. Yeah I popped in to get the pics up there, she's fine now it's one of those odd things she didn't want to swim at the bar and she lagged for maybe a couple of seconds then got back to working well enough but it's just her so...meh I'll take what I can get. Drama is coming me thinks, but plotting, as for Nalani......yep.

his motivation will be revealed eventually but it's a slow ride, can't say much on the tank yet and randomized his traits so I don't actually know them off the top of my head :D lol. well the extra room is under ground so it's not an obvious addition also he keeps her near the bathroom and bed rooms so she wouldn't see the doorway even in gameplay. It's all set up

He can be...he certainly can >:)

Also yes, I'm being a tease, stay tuned I have time to play before work so I'll see about getting to an update I will tag you again if it all works out.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don't trust Keon as far as I can throw him... he's planning something the dirty little sneak...
    Nalani should run... and run fast!
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
    No no no! It’s impossible! He’s not evil! Look at his sweet face here!

l0ySM57.png

I refuse to believe that he’s evil 😂😅😆 He’s so happy that she’ll be with him. It’s all going to work out great! I just know it.

(Lmao, somehow I doubt it’s all gonna work out great 😜)

I’m glad Maranda wasn’t too glitchy for you. I’m kinda worried that she’s going to turn up dead, and then I won’t know if it was Keon who did it, or you, because she frustrates you by being glitchy 😂😅

And yes, I see, if it’s an underground room I guess she wouldn’t see it from outside, lol.

It seems that you didn’t have time to update again, that’s ok, I can wait! Lol

Just not forever 😆

SqxdF0m.png

@NyteRose love is blind I suppose one could say, though he hasn't truly done anything to set off red flags for her.
    @AlwaysAsking actually I had some things to do last minute before work and totally forgot...lol oops, hehehe he might be a whole bunch of things and a few things not....so yeah confuse confuse cause I'm a pain. I could delete her but she is in a manageable state so she got off with a warning. I'll show the "house" in this one.
    phzKknn.png

I pulled out the front door as Teppei seemed to be having issues leaving but as you see nothing to think about much, and as mermaid I imagine a shipwreck could be quite cozy.
    EZv90w2.png
    At least she's happy there.
    7TqiXnB.png
    W49lg2B.png
    FyJQMdJ.png
    dpz7DYn.png
    Alanna has been occupying a lot of Nalani's time which of course Nalani doesn't mind, she adores her so and as far as Alanna is concerned, Mama Nalli is just her bestest friend ever. Keon can't help but feel a little jealous it's not something he can really explain at least she keeps Nalani in the house.

She has had fun decorating the living space more.
    tWzMucp.png
    Okay so I switched over where Kash is still in his delightful little bubble..
    SXNDeXZ.png
    bodPRmE.png
    Kash's face lol "ugh Teenagers...have to document EVERYTHING." heh

I immediately made him take a photo since the family doesn't have any.
    Gw2UyaH.png
    uZ2lwhx.png
    I don't care what anyone says the extremely rare autonomous woohoo does exist...and one doesn't need mcc for it the mod just guarantees it'll happen.
    RvDgJ0U.png
    Awfully cheerful for the sort she is...

Also, this is short I know but it wasn't just forgotten it was unfinished, so this is dragging the train forward....as I tease more cause again, I'm a pain lol.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Ok! So I finally got over here @RedDestiny92

The house is so cool! I can't believe it's that big inside :astonished: Nalani is making it beautiful! and it's wonderful that she's there for Alanna. Keon seems a bit off, if you know what I mean, lol

I do really miss seeing him here though. He's so expressive! It can be just about any expression, but still, they are fun to see :smiley:

I wish Kash's little bubble wasn't about to burst. I hate it when other Sims get hurt because of the actions of someone else!

His face when his son takes the selfie is awesome!

And I agree, I don't have MCCC and Ian and Lawrence run off to do that constantly! :wink:
    SqxdF0m.png

@AlwaysAsking yeah its pretty big as if the ship broke in parts and landed on itself, Nalani will make it a home if she can, Keon will come back he has things to keep the story rolling after all. He really is lively isn't he? Kash will be fine for now but what can you do it happens and all one can do is move on we'll see what he does. I just barely caught that pic too, I almost didn't rotate then caught Kash with the look lol. That's right it was toned down but I know when I'm clicking on a bed or looking for collectibles, I wish it happened more.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @AlwaysAsking hey time for another update hope things are going well :smiley:

YZbrUeL.png
    Kash living his best life under the obvious assumptions..
    OchIsiW.png
    Though to her credit she kept far from Keon and he didn't come after her.
    nPLHDnQ.png
    He looks quite good with his tan.
    MxsuKxA.png
    dnxwKIV.png
    7bTokzq.png
    XnRmBHO.png
    Keon's son is welcomed into the world as far as Kash needs to know Jaron is his son, and lucky enough he isn't so obviously someone else's son to look at him.
    CepM039.png
    Though he seems to know something is up.
    HtI8j6D.png
    Moving on for a moment, I think I mentioned them Penela and Halon they are much more reclusive mermaids in the sense that they party with the islanders but prefer a quiet life. Each carrying a sign of the other Halon's chosen tattoo are angel wings as his wife is precious and flawless in his eyes...she's also faithful and cheerful so sim flawless also. Keon met Panela that way but when she quickly left and her husband came looking he kept far back.
    PlNLvLb.png
    A wise choice.
    hYZ72el.png
    Not much story here I just like how this necklace looks in game...their son Aperius was born.
    uwhtSyT.png
    Now back to the main couple, Nalani is far into her pregnancy and as cheery as ever, perhaps blinded by the sweetness of both new and first love a bit. Though Keon only treats her and his sister, even sweet Teppei with love and kindness she has no issues clinging to him and while she clings, he has no issues in general.
    XwBpzM8.png
    Home from work he's glad to see Alanna moving about on her own as Nalani has taught her.

"You've done a great job with her." he said softly.

"I hope so.."

"You have, she's talkin' up a storm and not so weepy."

She giggled.

"I'll miss her weepy days.,..she won't be a baby forever."

"Yeah her birthday is coming up but we have our child too."

she smiled glancing down for a moment affectionately.
    xIjktJ6.png

"Ah yes a new little one to keep me busy...still."

"And you know not like she's running off to get married." he teased though delighted she was so attached, sure he was jealous for a moment but he relaxed knowing that it was partially his fault for not keeping close.

Now he was more at ease.
    XScdgRM.png
    After all all the more reason for her to be busy at home, with no need for anyone else they could adopt some kids if she wanted she was fine being his right here.

"Time for a story Alanna."

"Cindaella Nally.." Alanna chirped cheerfully, truthfully her baby talk was still a bit jumbled, but Keon and Nalani understood her just fine, Nalani loved the nice nickname she had given her.
    6fxmavD.png
    Keon was careful not to wake her up when he woke up before her no reason for her to be out roaming around without him.
    bit4FT8.png
    Taking his runs became normal what he hated was the locals growing familiar, on one hand they left him alone he wasn't just some creepy guy in a shipwreck he was the quirky neighbor "full of life". The problem, they saw him with Nalani he couldn't stand them asking about her, it made him crazy. All he could say was that she just enjoyed her solitude...or she was visiting other friends, so she was fine just busy and they didn't need to look out for her.
    mUmCAjw.png
    Only going back and seeing her waiting for him calmed his nerves, though he still thought a few needed to go missing.

"Have I ever told you how precious you are to me?" he asked.
    L9EQfGj.png
    He barely chuckled as she gave him a smooch, he smiled then, also so affectionate, how she ought to be, but only with him.

"Hey now careful.."

"I'm always careful, hey fill the baby kick he's delighted!" he laughed her enthusiasm as she huffed, though he readjusted before she could move.
    dWca63W.png
    "Though I am a lot heavier than I used to be..."

"Pfft, you haven't gained a pound."

"You're touching my stomach..."

"That's the baby's weight though..."

She giggled then.

"I heard from the islanders that's a wise thing to say to a pregnant woman..is that true?"

"Well do you feel the need to hit me?"

"Not a bit."

"Then I'd say so." at ease laughing with her as he found that ticklish bundle in her side they got ready for bed.

While she was in the bathroom he moved around the room sighing to himself, in thought.
    VyXJEJ8.png
    When she rejoined him asking him to come to bed he could only think on nights like this he felt a little guilty keeping her to himself, these mixed feelings really got to him.
    qUDfPmy.png
    It passed soon enough.
    GDQapB0.png
    sAOaxvg.png
    Alanna was beyond thrilled to meet him too, the look says "Dis is my nefoo and I'mma protecc him."

hehe
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited July 2019
    Oh my God Keon!! WTH?

Some of them "should go missing"?? Some of who/what should go missing? Locals?

Seriously, I really am conflicted about this guy. I know what that kind of obsession can feel like! But whoa! That's going a bit far! lmao. He's just so cute when all he wants to do is be with her, and hold her and tickle her, etc. but then that dark side constantly shows itself!

Why do I have a feeling that Kash is going to end up being some sort of super hero or something? or perhaps Penela?

Anyway, their little guy is cute! And the hugging shot is adorable :smiley:

Oh yeah, I forgot to say that Kash laying around naked is pretty funny. And do you mean that Kash might know the little guy isn't his?
    SqxdF0m.png

@AlwaysAsking he's very much a ticking time bomb waiting to go off I guess you could say, he doesn't want people getting closer to Nalani than he is. His obsessession is both formed yet growing hard to say how it may go, his sweet self may be what is left of his sanity or he isn't completely lost and is just misguided as the story goes on well you'll see. I'm not sure Kash is hard to read too though only because he's in the dark the guy isn't crazy just caught up in this mess, gotta love the tots ha. I mean that Jaron is a mermaid and may sense something is off should have specified. :smiley:
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @AlwaysAsking he's very much a ticking time bomb waiting to go off I guess you could say, he doesn't want people getting closer to Nalani than he is. His obsessession is both formed yet growing hard to say how it may go, his sweet self may be what is left of his sanity or he isn't completely lost and is just misguided as the story goes on well you'll see. I'm not sure Kash is hard to read too though only because he's in the dark the guy isn't crazy just caught up in this mess, gotta love the tots ha. I mean that Jaron is a mermaid and may sense something is off should have specified. :smiley:

Well ..... I'm going to choose to believe that he isn't completely lost yet :smiley:

Let me have my delusions! Lmao :smiley::sweat_smile::wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing more!
    SqxdF0m.png