Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas for freelancer branches

Hello everyone!
I'm coming to share ideas for two potential freelancer career branches.

Freelance handyman/woman
Agency name: Handy heroes (because why not)
Skill required: handiness
First rank-up reward: woodworking table (possibly portable), massive wrench wall decor (focused aura)
Job types: repair/upgrade an object (would be handed into family inventory like in TS3 skill opportunities), rabbithole upgrade (again, in style of TS3 skill opportunities), craft something on the woodworking table, possibly a "lead a class" type of RH job

Freelance accountant
Agency name: number crunchers (or something like that)
Skill required: logic (if the system supports two skills, presentation-type jobs might require charisma as well)
First rank-up reward: possibly a laptop, a calculator decor (focused aura, possibly)
Job types: most would start by a chat with the client, then some action on the computer (tax reports, analyzing documents -> report) but could also include 'meet with client' type of action (presenting reports, explaining tax laws, consulting, etc.). Some of the high-end could have 'barely legal' flair to the description or outright illegal (tax evasion attempts - which, if the system supports it, could give a bit of mischief skill)
I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
I also like wandering the hills.

Comments

• Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    These are cool ideas! I think there's a lot of potential for more freelance options!

I wonder if there could be a way to make bar tending and catering freelance careers? And then be able to, like...be the caterer at some NPC's event? I always thought that it'd be really cool. If there was some kind of story progression, you could get hired to serve at the reception of NPC weddings even!

Another one kind of like that could be yoga instructor and massage therapist--you'd take a job and then a sim would arrive at your house and you'd give them a massage or private yoga class. Or even be able to have an event where you host a yoga class with multiple people. This could also work for being a freelance personal trainer! Meet your client at the gym and help them work out!

Dj seems an obvious one! Now that we can make our own tracks, being able to "book gigs" as a DJ seems a logical next step! Musician and comedian too actually. Why not be able to be a freelance entertainer and book gigs like an actor does?

An official archaeology freelance job would also be great. You already get sent artifacts in the mail with a higher archaeology skill, so it shouldn't be too hard to expand that concept to a full blown freelance career as an archaeologist!

Dog training would also be cool! Getting hired to train some NPC's pet? Awesome!

And of course, I've been wanting a photography career for ages. Freelance photography might be an easy enough fit.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Yeah, photography could work easily as well, maybe wellness too.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I'm assuming if they add more freelancer careers, the priority would be for turning Base Game skills into jobs. As much as I would love to see a freelance Healer whose career is based on Herbalism (from Outdoor Retreat), I don't think EA would patch in careers for one of their earliest game packs. The freelancing branches we have so far are Painting, Programming, and Writing skill-based (soon to be photography-based as well), so future freelance options might involve skills like Comedy, Mixology, Fishing, maybe even Guitar?, but probably not pack-specific stuff like a Freelance Pipe Organist, or even Freelance Singer (as that skill only comes with City Living). I can't wait to see what more careers we get in future packs. There still aren't enough to satisfy me.