Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living, thoughts??

giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
I think I may just get this pack, loving you can raise you house on stilts (altho this is going to be in an update) I like the whole look of it, plus swimming with Dolphins etc will be awesome too
h8U3C4c.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    DONT THINK!!! BUY!!!
    best pack ever!!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • giggler36giggler36 Posts: 838 Member
    I'm doing it now
    h8U3C4c.png
  • uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    Been bashing away since release and yes its my favourite world.
    There are , of course a few glitches, and I'm disappointed there's no parrots or exotic birds.
    Still having a blast!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    It's buggy but I feel very at home in the new world :D

Kinda triggered by Taro though :joy: I'm the only one in my family that doesn't like it.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
    I'm happy with it, but wish there were more places to explore, like all the vegetation etc
    h8U3C4c.png
  • bellemakepeacebellemakepeace Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m finding it makes my game quite laggy... I do have a bit of CC and most packs but it was working smoothly before island living. Anyone else? xD Want to know if it’s just cause the pack is new and needs ironing out or if my laptop is finally tapping out.
  • Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    It's running ok so far on my laptop. I've got a cr*p ton of cc & 4 mods. It does slow down sometimes but only for a few minutes especially when I speed up time or go into build-mode.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    Deleted. Wrong continent!
  • noddynoddy Posts: 849 Member
    Hi with diving career Ihave beeen playing for awhile but it won't let me past level 3 and yes I agree it's very laggy .One the other hand I do like the new expansion.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I don't have the pack but I was interested to see that Kava is included. Considering they go to lengths to keep the game family oriented I wonder if they know Kava is illegal here in the Territory and is on the controlled substance list for the rest of Australia. (It might be banned in one other state but not sure)
    sawdust wrote: »
    I don't have the pack but I was interested to see that Kava is included. Considering they go to lengths to keep the game family oriented I wonder if they know Kava is illegal here in the Territory and is on the controlled substance list for the rest of Australia. (It might be banned in one other state but not sure)

didn't know that

h8U3C4c.png
  • TheLastStarTheLastStar Posts: 164 Member
    > @sawdust said:
    > I don't have the pack but I was interested to see that Kava is included. Considering they go to lengths to keep the game family oriented I wonder if they know Kava is illegal here in the Territory and is on the controlled substance list for the rest of Australia. (It might be banned in one other state but not sure)

That's interesting, I had no idea that it was an actual beverage which is banned in NT. As for the questionable choice to put it in the game, I can't say I'm shocked by it. I mean there are other drinks which are obvious allusions to wine/beer/cocktails, none are named as such but it's pretty obvious, especially because none of them can be made without a bar. Even if it was a child or youn teenager playing, they would know that the drinks are supposed to be alcoholic, and kava just seems to be a native/aboriginal representation of the same thing.

Tldr; if the bars and psuedo-alcoholic drinks in the base game haven't been an issue, I'm pretty sure kava won't be either :)
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    > @Simburian said:
    > Deleted. Wrong continent!

wait what? so confused?
  • AmbyCakesAmbyCakes Posts: 32 Member
    This is the best pack of all that I have tbh and I rarely get bored. I didn't think the kava was a big deal but understand why people would.
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Hi @giggler36
    You probably know because you may have seen some of my Facebook pictures, but I've had Island Living for a while now. But as I've always said (for years) I never "play" the game so I don't get to see any gaming bugs. You've probably seen way more than me :lol:
    But it's been great for me to have purely from an Illustrated Story perspective. With TS3 my favorite world was Isla Paradisio. So this goes some way to make up for that.
    I placed a few houses there from Rirann TSR; modified one in particular and wrote two further stories.
    But I do get to explore the islands a bit just for photo shoots for my stories or for my fashion modelling.

I just shared this image in the main US Forum, but I'll share it here too since it is shot in Sulani. And for anyone who might remember me from donkey's ago and wondered where my game is at these days :lol:
    0f12c3e8638e1c14d538276ec42e76ad3c6a8954.png
    rosenero10 wrote: »
    Hi @giggler36
    You probably know because you may have seen some of my Facebook pictures, but I've had Island Living for a while now. But as I've always said (for years) I never "play" the game so I don't get to see any gaming bugs. You've probably seen way more than me :lol:
    But it's been great for me to have purely from an Illustrated Story perspective. With TS3 my favorite world was Isla Paradisio. So this goes some way to make up for that.
    I placed a few houses there from Rirann TSR; modified one in particular and wrote two further stories.
    But I do get to explore the islands a bit just for photo shoots for my stories or for my fashion modelling.

I just shared this image in the main US Forum, but I'll share it here too since it is shot in Sulani. And for anyone who might remember me from donkey's ago and wondered where my game is at these days :lol:
    0f12c3e8638e1c14d538276ec42e76ad3c6a8954.png

Love seeing all your pics, this one is stunning
    h8U3C4c.png
  • rosenero10rosenero10 Posts: 536 Member
    Thanks @giggler36

It's kinda odd though (the reception I got when I posted this photo in my Facebook).

Yesterday, I posted a different picture that was a mock-up of a cover of Vogue Magazine where Maddison (my Model)) was featured on the cover.

I got more likes and actual comments for the Vogue Cover than I got for the picture I posted above + some lyrics of a love song.

It's like people are more interested in the temporal fame and fortune of being on the cover of Vogue, than to see a picture accompanied by the more eternal melodies of heart-felt love song lyrics for Maddison?

I can't work that one out.....
    it is weird, but you are very talented in what you create
    h8U3C4c.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top