Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea: Loves/hates water trait

With the coming Island Living, I thought it would be nice if 'Loves water' and 'Hates water' traits were added to the game. In fact, they'd be four traits - two for sims and two for dogs. Details as I'd see them:

Hates water (dog trait):
- a chance to refuse bathing
- will refuse to play fetch in a pool and will not swim in a pool autonomously
- (seasons) will stay inside during rain
- (IL) will not autonomously play in the ocean (would apply to the base game if oceans were opened in a future patch)
- (IL) distrustful towards mermaids

Loves water (dog trait):
- a short positive buff from bathing, playing fetch in a pool, or swimming + a higher chance to use water-based actions autonomously
- training to stop playing in puddles takes longer
- (seasons) won't mind going for a walk in rain/storm
- (IL) 25% faster relationship gains with mermaids
- this might be a default trait for some water-loving breeds, based on reality

Hates water (sim trait):
- will prefer a shower instead of a bath
- fatigues faster from swimming (and won't swim autonomously), possibly reduced fitness skill gain from swimming
- (IL) negative buff (tense, probably) from swimming in deep water and stronger negative buff from sharks being near
- (seasons) ignores "water fun" tradition
- (seasons) gets uncomfortable outside in rain, even with an umbrella
- soaked negative buff is one point stronger (such as from bathing a toddler or a dog)
- "shower in rain" action is disabled for a sim with this trait
- "mention the fear of drowning", "rant about rain" (seasons), "complain about being wet" (when soaked) socials available

Loves water (sim trait):
- gains +1 happy buff when (and for 4hr after) fishing, swimming, playing with a sprinkler, using the hot tub, etc.
- faster fitness skill gain from swimming and/or slightly faster swimming speed
- 'soaked' buff turns into neutral (+1 fine)
- (seasons) loves "water fun" tradition
- (seasons) gains +1 happy buff when showering in rain (seasons). Showering in rain gives a small bit of fun
- (seasons) "waterproof" bonus trait is disabled for a sim with this trait (as there are no negative effects from being soaked)
- (IL) gains +1 happy buff when showering or woohoo in the waterfall
- gains relationship 25% faster with mermaids and other sims/dogs with "loves water" trait
- (city living) gains singing skill slightly faster when singing in the shower
- "enthuse about swimming", "enthuse about sea life" (IL), "talk about water sports", "praise the rain" (seasons, when weather is rain/storm) socials available
I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
I also like wandering the hills.

Comments