Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Brother Let's Play!

Maia84Maia84 Posts: 48 Member
Hi everyone!

I just started a Let's Play of the Big Brother Challenge on my YouTube. I couldn't find a specific thread for that challenge, so I decided to start this thread so I can post updates and tell the story here!

For those who don't know, the Big Brother Challenge has us recreate the reality TV show Big Brother. You make 8 sims (mine are all some type of stereotypical reality show contestant) and they move into a house that they cannot leave until they're evicted from the show. We are Big Brother and cannot interfere to make them do things, we can only watch what shenanigans they get up to!

Each week there is a skill-building competition. The winner is crowned Head of Household (HoH) for one week, while the two losers become Have-Nots and have all their amenities taken away. The two Sims the HoH likes the least are put up for eviction, and the rest of the house has to vote to save one. Whoever is disliked the most is evicted!

When two sims are left, all the evicted houseguests are brought back into the house and the two finalists have to plead their case to the people they evicted. The evicted houseguests vote for who they like best, and that person wins fabulous prizes and $1 million!

For a complete list of rules, you can look at this link: https://modthesims.info/t/552318

The first video where we meet the players and get a tour of the house is here!

Adam: the typical jock/bro. He cares about looking good and can sometimes be a little mean. Imagine the Jersey Shore guys!

Kieran: a playboy. He's romantic and wants to hook up with as many women as possible, but he does not want a serious relationship

Ty: a hippy. He is chill, he wants to live off the land and be environmentally friendly. He believes in just going with the flow

Zachery: he came on the show to start some drama. He's mean and evil and has a short fuse. He wants to be a notorious player

Ava: she came on the show to become famous. She can have some pretty crazy mood swings and is really self-absorbsed

Jayla: an artsy girl. She's creative but her muse can sometimes take her to dark places and she can be very gloomy

Bridgette: a girly girl who desperately wants to find the one. She's on the hunt for her future husband on this show!

Camila: a chameleon who can fit in with any crowd. She's everyone's friend, but secretly thinks that she is the smartest of them all

Comments

• Maia84Maia84 Posts: 48 Member
    edited June 2019
    The first episode of Week 1 has been posted! You can watch it here:

A recap of the drama of the episode is below in the spoiler tag :)
    This was the first day of the challenge so everyone was in a pretty good mood and chatty.

Bridgette seems to be leading as most liked at this point.

Ava picked a fight with Kieran (no idea why, it seems out of character for both of them? I think she just wanted to start drama lol)

Ty literally spent the whole episode in his bathing suit because he refused to sleep anywhere but the hot tub. He was the only one who used the hot tub the whole episode. I am somehow not surprised.

Tune in next time for more drama!!
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    This looks kinda fun! Totally different from my normal play style. I might try it out! Thanks!
  • Maia84Maia84 Posts: 48 Member
    simmer_jay wrote: »
    This looks kinda fun! Totally different from my normal play style. I might try it out! Thanks!

I'm glad you're interested! I usually micro-manage my sims lives, so this is definitely challenging me to play a different style as well! If you do decide to try it out, you're welcome to post updates here! I would love to follow along with your challenge :)
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks @Maia84 I will! Right now I'm in the midst of report card season (writing 23 of them as we speak) so I won't be playing much but once the summer officially hits and school is done I will do my best!