March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So what do you want to see in the coming magic game pack?

13...Next

Comments

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I basically just want a remake of Makin' Magic lol. Except maybe not so much of the creepy stuff since we got that already in Vampires.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2019
    I want to be able to turn sims into frogs and I want sleeping apples and dragons
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Amazing and versatile build/buy items for the non occult players. I still bought and loved vampires even though I'm never going to play with them in my game. It added so much for Victorian builds.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I could see them doing werewolves if they took them in a more "shifter" direction. If they gave a branching powers and abilities map like vampires, you could even customize it so they are more like the classic werewolf, or more like the twilight werewolves that just turn into big dogs.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Witches. I've been wanting to create a more earthy witch that uses potions so hoping brewing and good potion/poison possibilities and effects are there. Everything else will be cake to explore so spells, charms maybe. I hope/expect whatever they make will be as involved as vampires with it's own area and wonderful build/buy options.
    egTcBMc.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    Mostly I just want the kind of complexity the team brought to Vampires, so I can play with magic in more than one stereotypical way.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,014 Member
    edited June 2019
    Aside from dragons, I'd also be up for some other small animals and creatures.
    • Gnomes: Maybe we can enchant garden gnomes and bring them to life, like in Makin' Magic. They can help/hurt the garden, attack hired gardeners, get tipsy on nectar, and get chased by cats and dogs.
    • Butterflies: Raise butterflies and harvest their wings and scales for potion ingredients.
    • Crows: A familiar that can perch on your shoulder. You can feed it, talk to it to get Charisma, and harvest its feathers for spells, rituals or potions.
    • Newts: I see them just being a collectible, rather than a real pet.
    • Viper: Also a collectible, but I'd like them to be handled the same way bees are. Imagine keeping a terrarium and building a friendship with you snake. Once it likes you enough, you can milk it for its essence/venom.
    • Flamingos: Bring those lawn birds to life. In Makin' Magic, we could turn turn them into human NPCs. But I'd love it if we could turn them into living birds that walk around, eat flowers and can be hugged.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    id like for my sims to be able to hold seanses/contact the spirits and have 3 stages of success:
    no answer - too low witch skill
    contact made - (success) recieve a random message from beyond either nice or creepy moodlet
    contact made - (failure) your sim is haunted for 24 hours by a random ghost that breaks stuff.

id love for the skill of witches to be tied into the herbalism skill that came with camping expansion but dont see how,think ill just use it for my nature geared witches vanilla style.

id love to see a world thats a mix between a makin magic style world with something more sinister (netflixes sabrina style vibes essentially but with focus on magic aspects of course). and more than the vampire pack 5 lots! definitly would love a place that somehow feels perpetually autumnal. i get that the concept for how the world and everything else is already set but a girl can daydream.

id love it if we could have 3 different deities to worship ingame (like the mother statue from selvadorada) that represents 3 different magic alignments. not corresponding to any real world ones.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019
    I can't wait to see the animations, I hope they're smooth and stylish and epic! I hope magic particle effect is well animated and good quality.
    that was my Main issue with the Sims 3 Supernatural, magic animations weren't as good as I hoped. even when it came to transformations.
    I hated that the Toadification spell was just a sim wearing a frog head, should be an actual toad.

I think we'll be okay when it comes to Sim's reactions when it comes to encountering a Sorcerer. In the Sims 3 Sims would always freak out and cower in fear when a sims was casting a "Good/beneficial" spell on them. so I hope Sims who are adventurous, open-minded, will embrace magic.

I really want customizable and creative ways to cast spells.

Before you could conjure poisoned apples, and all that stuff. But I want to make Inflicting curses more, personal.
    Like if I wanted to trick my simself, into consuming a sleeping curse I'd want to give him food or meal he can't resist.
    Grapes, or a cheesecake. So your Alchemical skill helps you make the potion or curse, and then your cooking/gardening skills help you infuse the curse or potion into any meal of choice. you could do the classic poisoned apple. but if you want try something else you can.

To branch off of that I want Curses and Potions, spells to have more weight.
    Starting with Curses, and Dark Magic, they should be permanent unless the player has the sorcerer creates a failsafe built into their curse/spell
    If my sim wants to his victim under a sleeping curse, for a limited amount of time, then there should be an extra ingredient that makes it temporary, If he wants it permanent then another ingredient for permanent, or indefinitely.

Secondly When it comes to dark magic, I was told that my ideas for ingredients were "too Dark"
    Uh... hello this is Dark Magic we're talking about!
    If making a Toddler cry, and collecting it's tears to then Craft a Curse of Infertility, to then ruin the chances of a couple from ever conceiving a baby is too Dark for you then don't do that spell! I however am a terrible human being and proud and will absolutely make a toddler cry to cast this spell. Why else did they give us toddlers, but to torment them?

I say do away with alignments, a true Evil Sorcerer knows how to manipulate Light Magic and Love and turn it into a weapon. and A good sorcerer knows how to justify using Dark magic in a time of Crisis and not see it as weakness. All magic comes with a price, Light and Dark magic alike.

There is a Spell, from the TV show Once Upon a Time, and it's one of my Favorite spells, and I think it fit's perfectly in the Sims 4, and that's the Extraction of Hearts - where you Carefully, Phase your hand into the chest cavity of victim, grabbing hold of the Heart, Finally pluck the heart, like an apple.
    Once the Heart is removed, the Victim's personality will start to shift. Slowly not being able to feel, only knowing what they are, Heartless.
    Congratulations! you now have a puppet to control, as long as you possess their heart. Careful not to squeeze the Heart too hard! Or go ahead see what happens to your puppet.
    (makes voodoo look like child's play)

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Dancing Flamingo Girl.

Don’t disappoint me EA!!!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,331 Member
    edited June 2019
    Mostly I just want the kind of complexity the team brought to Vampires, so I can play with magic in more than one stereotypical way.

This!
    I want skill trees, advantages and disadvantages with which we can create our own magic traditions and I especially want to name my newly created tradition. Maybe also give it a symbol that we can use on clothing, rugs and doors (similarly to club icons).

From Sims 2 I'd like to see the return of familiars. All players should be able to summon a small familiar, like a toad, rat or miniature space whale (from the alien collection). Bonus points if non magical sims can have a pet toad or rat that just doesn't have powers.
    But if you have cats and dogs (or the infamous My first pet) there could be a ritual that turns your cat, dog or rodent into a familar. Familiars could have a longer lifespan and boost the magic powers of their bonded human. They do not need to have spells or powers of their own.

Also dueling. No experiments needed here, just re-use the Sims 1 system <3
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    id like for my witches to be able to do like rituals and stuff, with other people in their coven. in the old sims game being a witch was pretty lonesome in the way that besides dueling there wasnt really anything magic users could do toghether (atleast as i remember it) so id like some possible group activities for my coven.
  • SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2019
    It would be cool if the pack also introduced werewolves and body hair, but it being a game pack probably means just a small world and witches.
  • Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I hope they won't forget Genies
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The only thing I care to see will never be added. I want an option to hunt and dispose of them but seeing as that could not even come with vampires and that's a huge part of vampire lore its never going to happen.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • FrejacksFrejacks Posts: 4 New Member
    Makin' Magic was one of my faves when i was a kid so i basically want all of that! kinda like a carnival thing would be cool, and then also the dueling stuff was so cool! basically just all of Makin' Magic lol
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The only thing I care to see will never be added. I want an option to hunt and dispose of them but seeing as that could not even come with vampires and that's a huge part of vampire lore its never going to happen.

Would love a Hunting Hobby, and Archery Skill
    Since we can fish and mount them on our walls, I don't see why Sims can't go out Hunting, and bring back like like Moose, Deer, Bear, Wolf, Cougar, head mounts for the walls. Hopefully with a Werewolves GP we can Hunt.

I do need to create a family, Clan of Magic Hunters, We could use groups to get the club together, Set rules about who we hunt, hunt savagely or treat victim with dignity. My rules vary between each generational leader.
    Can't be a actual career, needs to be a hobby/Self employed Job, I want teenagers to be able to hunt, as a rite of passage.

I do have Secret Dungeons in some of my sim's houses at the ready and I wish we could have a "torture" chamber, like chains and handcuffs, mainly just to restrain Supernaturals from using powers and for werewolves during a full moon and keep them from breaking out of the house and going on rampages.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif