Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Engles

Comments

• DeDeplus3DeDeplus3 Posts: 199 Member
    edited October 2019
    Ok, I have come to a decision to use some custom content toddler hair. I feel that in the game, we do not have enough toddler hair. Although I am using custom toddler hair, I will not be using any custom content except for the toddler hair. I don't really like using custom content in my game, but for the toddler hair, I am making an exception. I know some people like custom content and some people don't, but I hope it doesn't stop you from reading about this crazy family! <3<3<3
    Post edited by DeDeplus3 on
    A lot has changed since you've last seen Myles and Gem! They have completly redone their house to fit their growing family, and Myles has gotten promoted! He now is using their gym more than ever!
    Q6IfdEE.png
    And now Gem has a beautiful kitchen that she can practice her cooking in to her hearts content.
    2WgVpyy.png
    zCtO0vX.png
    They have a small breakfast nook in the kitchen, and a formal dining room next to the living room now

It's a nice day outside, even if it is a little cloudy, so they spend the morning outside!
    4l4QaTw.png
    wKj0TTr.png
    rrfuSn8.png
    4hc1JdP.png
    cqOR32x.png
    QjyC5bK.png
    Gem is growing some flowers, but she doesn't want a huge garden,it would take to much time to mintain, and time is what Gem doesn't have! She figures it would be nice to step outside and look at some flowers in the yard though

A favorite activity of Myles and Gem to do together is play basketball outside their home. All they have to do is walk outside and then they can play! Thats the beauty of the city.
    y6hx7yw.png
    2FQeNhj.png

But they make sure to get home fast to their baby!
    V5jy10e.png
    tHfPeLN.png
    Today for breakfast, Myles and Gem eat at a food stand. Myles loves cooking international foods and likes going to food stands to learn how to make them.

After breakfast Gem finds a ruined mural on the streets and decides to restore it. She doesn't like the city murals to be covered with graffiti.
    zgb2sFd.png

For the rest of the morning, Myles teaches Gem how to fish. They have a little fishing spot near their house where Myles normally fishes.
    3xqkqCx.png
    C05gAEX.png
    uFDJvMK.png
    They are both relly good!

In the afternoon, Myles and Gem are busy getting ready for a dinner party their are hosting in honor of Diana's birthday. Their whole family is invited. It's been so long since the family's gotten together!
    9Xhqlug.png
    KnC1pFr.png

And when they are cleaning up after their party, Gem finds out she's expecting! Diana will be a great big sister! (We hope!)
    OWMrFEP.png
    3Ylkxs2.png
    Landon has gotten back to writing and is creating bestsellers! But even though he is super busy with his writing, it doesn't stop him from spying on his youngest child and his girlfriend!
    HCcMlxq.png
    Orlando and Jamie are still doing better than ever in their relationship!
    i1Z1B4J.png
    Behold, the last picture in their old house! That's right! The Engle family has moved. It is a smaller house in Windenburg, perfect for them.

California and Orlando have to share a room for the first time since they were toddlers, and it is a little cramped. There is a family next door with a cute teenage boy, and California seems to have a little crush! He is a little geeky and not at all like California herself.
    qflc8lF.png

When they get home, the family relaxes for a bit. California doesn't like reading!
    HqJ2mSb.png
    So she gives Spinach some time instead!
    TxanPGI.png
    Meanwhile Orlando decides to make mac and cheese... and sets the oven on fire!
    n6vnPEp.png
    wOQj3fJ.png
    Thanks Orlando.
    T1fYazT.png
    "I'm out!"
    dIi78Ml.png
    For the second time in her life, Amy is putting out a fire.
    Emily and Erika are having a playdate with their cousin Diana! They love playing together and it gives Richard and Myles a good time to catch up!
    fbqv02c.png
    Everything goes well, until Diana decides to try to run away...
    zVwuOoT.png
    But when Richard turns on the sprinkler, every toddler comes running!
    LrKnDZe.png
    p8ohGf2.png
    vbtvebU.png
    Cousin hugs!
    914AKlC.png
    The playdate lasts until early evening, but then it's time for little toddlers to go sleep!
    hC4UTzL.png
    With two little toddlers, it's hard to do work durning the day, but Richard would rather work late into the night so he can play with his girls all day.
    dTbnvY5.png

The next day, Richard takes the girls to a playground with Amy and Landon. Erika loves the slide!
    RoHDadA.png
    Amy is a perfect grandmother!
    CQP0TdX.png
    LnW6wqA.png
    z6DMT3G.png
    Okay! This is the end of the flashback! Everything from here on out is present time! Enjoy! <3
    9XoPOdo.png
    Gem is in labor! Myles is very anxious about it!
    JVhiMv7.png
    But Gem is calm during the whole birth
    FOeVHPZ.png
    kjqfUVD.png
    eODKtFA.png
    And it's a girl! Her name is Everly Barnhart (just like her older sister, she took her mother's last name)
    Welcome to the world Everly!

Once her parents get home, and go to bed, Diana woke up and went to see her new sister, but she isn't so happy about a new sibling!
    PWY2xvZ.png
    Or maybe she doesn't want to share a room! She is so sad, she decides to wake up her parents.
    Lr9TIca.png
    78hSMX4.png
    "Don't worry, Daddy's here"
    78hSMX4.png
    Everly does require a lot of attention!
    fxdxkNW.png
    Diana has been acting up since the birth of her new sister, banging her plate on the ground, and being in a bad mood.
    1MBauCe.png
    28LPqZK.png
    DaL3Hsn.png
    But it's a sunny day, and Myles can make everything better for little toddlers!
    JB0YCbx.png
    The parents decide to take Diana to GeekCon in another neighborhood, where she just sits on the street to lay with her robot toy. And Gem plays Blicblock, while Myles uses the observatory!
    2KAB3yX.png

Whenever the produce stand is near their house, Gem always takes advantage of the fresh ingredients, for cooking with.
    0wPCE8Y.png
    Since it is a nice sunny day, the kiddie pool is put to good use, when Myles spends some time with Everly!
    X0BlDxR.png
    2PGI3TG.png
    phkxS5t.png
    0ZtP3tn.png

When Myles heads off to work, Gem makes dinner for her and Diana, while Diana uses her tablet.
    WczwCnV.png
    DXOJEX7.png
    4hRolMi.png

After Diana goes to bed, Gem's sister comes over for a chat. All in all a very good day!
    SOIpi6k.png
    All of the posts up until now were a flashback, so now it is present time in my sims, so everything I post about is current. Happy reading! <3
    nwQ0o7x.png
    Orlando tends to get in trouble because of his friend Max, but he is a responsible boy around the house.
    dYxd4f2.png
    Unlike Orlando, who actually has pretty okay grades, California has a D in school. Landon and Amy have started helping her with her homework.
    wZFszzT.png
    Amy has finally completed her lifelong dream of becoming an expert gardener by growing a cowplant!
    aIxplRV.png
    It's Autumn now and the leaves has all gathered in front of Amy's store, so before the store opens she makes sure the front of her store is clean with no leaves!
    UDgz8Uo.png
    Amy loves interacting with the different people that come to her store everyday.
    P27qWfj.png
    HQ3J3o2.png
    uM4STfZ.png
    jjyYx1V.png
    Landon normally stays upstairs in the break room, woodworking sculptures and furniture to sell, but sometimes he comes down to help out.
    SRr8wyZ.png
    After school, Orlando goes on a date with Jamie, they go to the lighthouse and stay there until Orlando's curfew.
    GdwhWGS.png
    C2hRyss.png
    6pTKhfh.png
    TxEEmwt.png
    XE7yg5m.png
    Today, Emily and Erika decide to work on their skills a bit, Emily learning thinking, and Erika at the dolls house.
    xQnhbuJ.png
    CfWLIof.png
    They are all having fun playing outside, and guess who shows up at the door. Clarissa. Richard is getting annoyed at her constantly showing up at his door, and tells her to go. The twins will see her regularly when they are children, but as toddlers they are staying with their dad.
    9xcMGZa.png
    vumyR0g.png
    (Look! Emily and Erika have the same doll. Their dolls are twins too!)
    yi8PkM1.png
    zg8PVhz.png
    After Clarissa goes, Richard cooks up some hotdogs on the grill in the backyard. When he's cooking, the twins play dolls together, and then they all sit down to eat.
    TLkPUpY.png
    9dWbOaP.png
    Goodnight for sleepy toddlers!
    2sJ6yKm.png
    I've redone Richard's house, so I added on to the back to create a living space, and moved Emily upstairs above the new living room, and turned her old room that was downstairs, to a dining room. (Sorry no pictures yet, I'll get some later) I also redid Erika's bedroom to better fit her interests.

Richard has taken the girls to their favorite playground right near their house. Emily loves playing pretend, and Erika loves the ball pit and playing in the tunnels.
    kNKVOXv.png
    2MyWBU1.png
    6nQKFaG.png
    RK8jxFt.png
    MorsFvz.png
    y2FdhE5.png
    rqMw25d.png
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/959999/the-engles#
    It is Everly's birthday today! To celebrate, the family got a new dog! His name is Apollo and he is so sweet! They are also throwing a small family party at their house. Gem cooks the food, while Myles and Diana greet the guests.
    XXduoUP.png
    pKel9ua.png
    GESITjA.png
    The cousins are back together!
    p0XK8zX.png
    The party is great! Lots of dancing and socializing.
    IiXsb7V.png
    California busting out all the good moves!
    I have deleted my toddler hair cc it kept glitching and so I will just be using Sims 4 game items. Absolutly NO CC <3<3<3
    Ms7bVN7.png
    It's Friday and the twins are going out with some of their friends to a karoke bar near Amy's store. Of course, the first thing the boys head to, is the video games! :D
    XeExNMY.png
    So, naturally, the girls try to beat them. (The boys look so serious!)

Orlando's group and California's group have very different dancing styles. The boys stand around dancing a bit now and then, but the girls (of course) have their own choreographed dance.
    Dg6XMiV.png
    HgL84LU.png
    8e7iLlO.png
    GI6u9YT.png
    T034cBu.png
    By the end of their dance, California notices an admirer! A certain teenage neighbor. Layton Haas is different than most of the boys California knows. He is a bit of a nerd, likes to play video games, and has great grades.The polor opposite of California.
    It is the twins birthday today!! But first, poor Spinach is sick, so California the cat lover takes him to the vet.
    7KycpOp.png
    DvO6YJo.png
    IdNyX0T.png
    Look who else is here! I guess Apollo is sick. The visit goes well and Spinach is cured!
    uPHoFSh.png
    m2KUyfK.png
    It is still a long time until California and Orlando's birthday though, so California decides to take Spinach to the nereby pet park. And guess who they see there? California's secret admirer...
    AM6CpSJ.png
    sgIBwaB.png
    zUTRemE.png
    m7PyA2X.png
    They talk for a bit, and then start to flirt. Too bad she is aging up today. When she gets home, she makes a video talking about her upcoming birthday party.
    kqywsVk.png
    After that the twins quickly get to their party! They age up, then they hang out by the fire a bit.
    hbnuiE8.png
    UY0FSNX.png
    66tyUHq.png
    Of course, California has to wow the crowd by doing a fire dance, but Orlando doesn't mind. He'd much prefer cozying up next to Jamie near the fire.
    xkfM7vP.png
    uX2VlKc.png
    WQToUPe.png
    NzdzAcy.png
    They then drink and talk. Happy Birthday California and Orlando! We'll see California around, she is going to move to Del Sol Valley and try her luck out as an actress. We will see Orlando around too, but probably not as much as the others. Orlando has moved to a small apartment in the city with Jamie. He is ging to become a detective, after alll, he got in trouble a lot for missing curfew, spraying graffiti, and just making mischeif with Max Villereal.
    rlAn8ZQ.png
    It's Halloween and the first day California has been in her new house! California decides to dress up as a cheerleader. But it wouldn't be a proper Halloween if she didn't dress up her new cat, Whiskers! He's a taco!
    XFeHdf1.png
    04Ch0OZ.png
    After they get into their costumes, Orlando comes for a visit! But he's seriously not in a costume? They have a twin singing contest, and Whiskers joins in!
    tlwjCJT.png
    dQUbJuM.png
    DjChdX1.png
    R3sn3iy.png
    They go in, and talk for a bit, until Orlando heads back to hs apartment, where him and Jaime live.
    5qANVhD.png
    aEKAyj9.png
    California then makes a nice meal for her and Whiskers!
    NwpGYpY.png
    Ji0KEm0.png
    She then just waits for trick or treaters, while practicing her comedy, which she needs for her next audition.
    QYzDGZU.png
    iIc5D0S.png
    Since no trick or treaters had come by before nine PM, when her good friend Marissa invites her to a party at the Bluffs, she gladly accepts! California likes dancing, socializing, and yes: drinking bar drinks, so parties are definatly her scene.
    xLyMEX7.png
    oMpynAi.png
    s46StgK.png
    Surprisingly, Orlando is there! He doesn't like parties that much, but he dances with California anyway.
    rqOIeAs.png
    xCqE1l4.png
    hHLnIwW.png
    Then she talks a bit, and flirts a bit. Then, she picks a random girl off the dance floor, to do a dance battle with.
    XBXbGvT.png
    GBonQ4L.png
    I personally thought California won. But she had to go home early; her first audition is tommorow and she can't be overtired!
    DZnk6IU.png
    It's Audition Day!!! California gets up early to make herself a healthy breakfast. She is not the best at cooking...
    dHudEhO.png
    7qdWGHd.png
    Oi5PnxT.png
    Before her audition, she corners the mailwoman and practices her acting! I also got this cute shot of Whiskers under the bed!
    VNW1qCL.png
    After the stress of the audition, California relaxes with a night swim in her backyard
    HGfNCpU.png
    LtcjfRJ.png
    7BAK5Oq.png
    It's time! California is at the movie studio and she is in hair, makeup, and wardrobe.
    rI9qBCK.png
    DvadBYt.png
    vZ7YE2d.png
    LUUU5nl.png
    I don't think that hairstyle is right... but, after that she practices lines with another actor, then she is ready!
    wP89bK8.png
    XS4sGSu.png
    ul8UZ55.png
    Her practice paid off and her preformance is perfect!
    ffRrKu6.png
    SJ7BQsH.png
    B1cokaB.png
    RbH18Zv.png
    ymWOcjY.png
    eOjPYc1.png
    30qtVw3.png
    I've redone Amy and Landon's house, and here are some of the pictures! I actually quite enjoyed doing this, it gives me 'quaint little cottage' vibes. You can see Amy's deadly cowplant!
    c62ygpy.png
    XDTmOWg.png
    wP977dD.png
    2sWECTN.png
    RKCDuEK.png
    Amy gets the last of the honey from her bees. Winter is coming and the bees will not be active. She also keeps up on her gardening, while Landon gives little Spinach some loving.
    QlqX4YK.png
    r5wV3p9.png
    3FDKOVe.png
    They go out to Oasis Springs to get some food and do some fishing.
    FcZ8fMJ.png
    6R7oe13.png
    qQO1ajk.png
    fhUawFY.png
    It's Harvestfest, and the gnomes are not so happy with the fruitcake Gem has gave them...
    uF57kYA.png
    I wouldn't celebrate to early. Gem tries to beg for forgiveness, but the gnomes are not having it.
    vVFT0hp.png
    HSk5uCd.png
    Vja85r3.png
    After seeing her mom get struck by lightning inside the house, Diana is curious about the gnomes, but is careful to keep her distance.
    i6lL4Df.png
    Gem now wants nothing to do with the gnomes so she gives Apollo some attention, while Myles roughhouses with the girls.
    1uLKp1X.png
    Everly loves to play with her dad!
    WDTu6Mo.png
    kd4B3oE.png
    But the face Diana is making is kind of creepy...
    gDJujPI.png
    1Cw0PhK.png
    4Rd4cKp.png
    Apollo was whining for a walk, so Gem had to take him. In the rain. You can see, Gem is not enjoying this.
    C6p8f4x.png
    Gem cooks the grand turkey meal when she gets back from her rainy day walk. Diana and Everly relax with a book.
    1IAYjiX.png
    uWCqeFR.png
    LnMVN0K.png
    Seriously Diana? I take my eyes off you for one second.
    cMEMOAc.png
    The two (exhausted) parents try to round up their daughters to sing in front of the gnome, but Diana isn't on board.
    elHMAyj.png
    Grand meal time! Myles and Gem have invited Gem's sister, Lori to share the Harvestfest feast.
    DfapRVJ.png
    Br59iV4.png
    c4Xu8Uo.png
    The toddlers eat ther meal in the living room away from the boring adult conversation.
    nQXa5zL.png
    Did I say boring adults? I meant fighting adults. Lori, out of nowhere started yelling at Gem. Lori kept starting fights while they were eating their grand meal. I think she has been possessed by a gnome. Those lawn ornaments are out to get Gem.
    52gGwNp.png
    k1UOZch.png
    Z6zShrp.png
    pqeyXaL.png
    XWkwZLU.png
    Once the fighting began, Myles decided to make himself scarce and hang out with the toddlers.
    QvkzS3E.png
    dselRkG.png
    zTpI6aw.png
    Oh dear. This is not how Gem wanted Harvestfest to end.
    edited December 2019
    vIH76GC.png
    Jamie woke up today with the news that her father died. So Orlando and Jamie go on a nice weekend getaway to Sulani. The first thing they do there is go to the beach. It is a cloudy day, but thats fine. Jamie is feeling really upset, so Orlando tries to cheer her up, and it works!
    xd6A3uF.png
    Li6UAsH.png
    They make a sand sculpture, and the sun comes out!
    KhRWijK.png
    Nwb7fAQ.png
    tgGPVPj.png
    w1l1P4Y.png
    After they build their Sand-Dino, they go snorkling in the beautiful, clear waters of Sulani. Orlando looks scared!
    hXRet4K.png
    VlzSZvz.png
    58UcKJA.png
    Orlando was probably so scared because he spotted this shark!
    fg6DYSu.png
    Jamie found a dolphin! They bond instantly.
    YV11Uvv.png
    FRd2lZ0.png
    Orlando is relaxing in the water after his shark scare. Jamie notices the trash on the island and started picking it up.
    fAOgHWP.png
    LVIBGbZ.png
    Orlando cooks lunch on the grill, and they eat lunch with some other people at the beach.
    EuAlocx.png
    After lunch Jamie continues her cleanup process, while Orlando talks to some of the island natives, then gets a tan.
    UP705wC.png
    qug3NGL.png
    6J71Dh3.png
    OW2d0OB.png
    The next day, Jamie is swimming and meets a new friend who cares about the enviorment just as much as she does.
    MFwgo6G.png
    After her swim, she continues cleaning up the beach and Orlando explores a cave. He doesn't find anything.
    mWwqWaY.png
    XxErJCq.png
    Jamie has really fallen in love with the island and is upset about all the trash. She would love to move to Sulani to become a conservationalist, and Orlando would love to move here too, his job as a detective wouldn't at all be affected.
    NnK7EsP.png
    Today starts with an almost fire. Thanks Richard. It is very cold and snowy so Richard and the girls stay inside for most of the morning. Richard wants the girls to work on their skills a lot, so they can be ready for school when they are children.
    IEFSOWw.png
    9tSI2xl.png
    XqNjiZW.png
    VJuYgWl.png
    Potty training is not Erika's favorite time! After some tedious potty training with Erika, Richard goes out to shovel the snow in the grill area.
    AteJW0L.png
    Then Richard decides to go on a nice evening date with Siya. They go to a cafe, and they just talk and flirt.
    Y92Tgl9.png
    lvJ1zXb.png
    L7njsXa.png
    jqWqSVz.png

The next day, the twins are dying to go out in the snow, so they go out to build a snowman, and play in the snow.
    0y5swAF.png
    NiDHBUr.png
    OcrEDGr.png
    When Emily and Richard are done with their snowman, Emily tells him a snowy story, then she goes to play with Erika in the dollhouse.
    jUyC0hg.png
    9XUmwBM.png
    Richard goes inside to bake some chocolate chip cookies, because Myles and Diana are coming over for a playdate.
    tHQtUX4.png
    ABA6RHA.png
    BBYDgzz.png
    8F695U1.png
    Today Richard gets to enjoy a nice peaceful breakfast by himself for once.
    8I1Dc2m.png
    Just kidding. Emily comes down the stairs crying. So much for a peaceful breakfast. :tired_face:
    bxQxioJ.png
    So Richard gets them some yogurt.
    uDdwkHZ.png
    JsUy9SV.png
    Richard wants to go take them to meet their new nextdoor neighbors, who have a toddler daughter. But first: a potty break.
    BaUQwy6.png
    The toddlers hit it off! Richard also enjoys talking to the parents. These sims seem like nice down to earth people.
    1Dkz6he.png
    gWwWJQl.png
    These toddlers have a lot of emotions...
    9i3C41W.png
    m47zV4Q.png
    U3phFj9.png
    edited December 2019
    Richard has taken the girls to a playground in Oasis Springs where Siya lives. She joins them too.
    tDf19ts.png
    tXQU9lM.png
    h6FD7RC.png
    mZob6IC.png
    (If you can't tell by now- I have an obsession of taking pictures of toddlers!) Richard and Siya build sandcastles with the girls. It is nice to see Siya, Emily, and Erika bonding.
    gWEefV7.png
    JRtRsPJ.jpg
    Uq7ZAWW.png
    IqIPUgV.png
    ufGHmDl.png
    hCcrOmd.png
    Who do you think won this sandcastle contest?
    KM34erH.png
    It's nice to see the girls bonding with Siya
    Post edited by DeDeplus3 on