Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have you been playing The Sims 4 for?

AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
With all the new simmers joining the Sims 4 community, I thought why not reflect on our time playing ourselves? How long have you been playing for?
F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
Post edited by AriaMad2 on

How long have you been playing The Sims 4 for? 350 votes

Under a month; I’m new to The Sims 4.
2%
SleepycatDSLdeeman190Alwe1507SindocatMortimerGothDelaradra_MissSnowDrop91graciloo 8 votes
1-6 months; I’m not that new to The Sims 4.
2%
haisinnerdfashionAngeliqueAdelaidecompassliezCaprianaBfinnhKrueger 7 votes
6-12 months; I’m fairly experienced with The Sims 4.
3%
NikkihSmellincoffeexeno_genesissimskeletongardenlobsterklassy_kid89telemwillL33tP33tNWCherryBerryCloudEnnaelHak_vin 11 votes
1-2 years; I’ve been playing for a while and feel experienced with The Sims 4.
14%
Kniga_SitaraLissyK9Lemon405LyrieKathykinsBearpal64RedShoe7pinneduphairGrumpyGlowfishEvilyn_1007Ruevera0882kaiwrysimsEvie0602SourJaneSimsAkilbrenleedeeFurAndYarnalyssa123WintergirlsGirlDrakos 49 votes
3-4 years; I’m very experienced with The Sims 4.
19%
icmnfrshalexspoom13Paigeisin5RandomspiritKalaniCoolLustianiciaRevenwyntaydevduhboy2u2Khrisstynetatygirl90phantasmkissCaityTrinabixterswormstache9993KNPenkendallranAngelEb95luxsylvanQueenMercy 67 votes
5 years; I’ve been playing since the beginning of The Sims 4. Has it really been that long? Wow.
59%
ehaught58Akl500PBluegayleauroraael14Frn0731bshag4lvapisarski2002Poekie03Goth583GalacticGalIcewolfJaseLaBlue0314Jaline33jeepjeepcatalan650111IceyJTynkSimmervilleCrazyboutTheSims 208 votes

Comments

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I’ve been playing The Sims 4 for over a year now. It still feels like yesterday that I got the disk from my dad and spent a good hour of my day waiting for the game to download on the computer!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    5 years; I’ve been playing since the beginning of The Sims 4. Has it really been that long? Wow.
    Honey I have been playing TS since I was 10 or something. It’s been a while 🤣
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I have 5095 hours in-game as of the time of this post. Yes, I feel like I've gotten my money's worth.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I remember going from "I'm happy with Sims 2, don't need another sims game" to "Please let me be one of those who get the demo!" and to downloading cc for a game that I didn't even own yet. Good times!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2019
    I actually started playing TS since 2001. Not because of advertisement, but because of a blue color disk, I found in a second-hand gaming store. My remark when I saw it was Pretty. lol Never even heard of The Sims before that.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    December 2017. I sat on S4 for a while because of how it launched. Been playing the franchise since 2000 though.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have played this iteration starting in December 2015, and only because the orginal The Sims game could not be easily downloaded on Windows 10. I played the orginal one since it launched until we got a new computer with Windows 10. I skipped Sims 2 and Sims 3 as I did not see a point to getting them when the orginal worked fine.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I've been playing since November 2015.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited May 2019
    I got it as soon as it came out. I loved the new features but it didn’t take long before I got bored (and was very bothered by the lack of toddlers in the beginning). Seasons are so important to me, the game felt pointless and empty. I took a hiatus until Cats & Dogs came out. I ended up feeling disappointed with that pack, they just weren’t as fun to me as they’ve been in past iterations- they felt like more work, just added stress. Decided to wait for Seasons. I took up knitting and forgot all about the game for a while. When I saw Seasons was coming out, I got back into it deep.

I never felt the need to return to TS3, though. Once I had a taste of TS4 I couldn’t go back.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've owned the base game since it originally released but I only really started playing the game properly after the seasons was released.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I started really playing in March last year around the time My First Pet Stuff came out.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Technically, the game still has four months until it turns five, so no one's been playing it that long, haha. :p

But I got the base game about two months after release, so since November 2014. I immediately loved the CAS, Willow Creek, the art style, the scenery, the smoothly animated Sims, and rotational play. The game was fascinating for a little while until the newness wore off and I started recognizing some issues it has. Still hoping for some personality improvements, Fear, and more playable Occults.

I still really love CAS, so I spend probably most of my game time there, creating all kinds of Sims.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    About 3.5 years, since December 2015.
  • Options
    LyvedaLyveda Posts: 14 New Member
    I bought TS4 as soon as it came out. I've been playing the Sims games since 2000 and although I haven't gone back to TS3/TS2/TS1 since TS4 came out, I still think each iteration has its own charm.
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    You should include an option for people who bought the game when it came out and were so horrified that they came back a few years later when it had improved.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I've been playing The Sims in general since TS1 came out, so a very long time. TS1 came out when I was in high school, its been a while.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited May 2019
    6-12 months; I’m fairly experienced with The Sims 4.
    Just shy a year. I went for a $10 sale last year, and only because it was so cheap. I would NEVER have imagining enjoying it so much. Sims 3 could never lure me away from TS2, but Sims 4...kinda has. (I've been playing the series itself since release.)
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    My dad bought me the base game in summer of 2016, I think? Took me a while to really get into it but now I play Sims 4 way more often than I play Sims 3
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    I’ve been playing The Sims 4 since it’s demo; before that I think I picked up The Sims 1 in 2003? I always played off and on again. I played The Sims 2 a lot when I was a young tween and probably played The Sims 3 the most out of them all.

I actually have a shelf that has all The Sims games, their DLC and spin-offs. 1, 2, 3, 4, Medieval, Stories, Castaway, PS2, Gamecube and DS games too (including Urbz). I also have the MySims series and SimCities. Even the SimAnt game ;)

I’ve been an avid fan for a while and I’ve played through them all thoroughly. I mostly build so I generally look for new tips and tricks to build things on my own. I’ve probably come across every bug in these games thus far, haha. I didn’t go to school so I had a lot of spare time. I’m in my twenties now so I don’t have as much time as I used to. Still, I don’t know if I’ll pick up The Sims 5 as the quality has gone downhill.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I bought the game during the Black Friday sale in 2017.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    I've been playing for about 18 months. I played Sims 1 and Sims 2, never played Sims 3 although I have the game just never installed it.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    1-6 months; I’m not that new to The Sims 4.
    I got the Sims 4 last Christmas. But very soon, I'll have played for six months and it will have been a year since I first wanted it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I've been simming since the original Sims.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    Since its release, and I regret it because I paid $80 for the base game, and it's now being given out for free. If there is a Sims 5, I will not buy it at launch.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I picked it up during the Holiday sale in 2017, and it has been my go to Sims game since. Once in awhile I go back to Sims 3 to watch the snow build up, but quickly return to 4.