Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More Skin Details! Please!

This is really needed since there is a serious lack of skin details in this game. Skin details help to give each character their own distinctive look and when you start using the same ol' freckles eventually you run back into the problem of everybody looking exactly the same. Please, in a patch, or an update, or a pack, please give us some more skin details!

Most of the custom content ones aren't even Maxis Match so they look ugly and gross with the overall asethetics of the game. We need some EA made ones.

Comments

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Hm, yeah, I was about to suggest custom content, and there IS maxis-match skin details out there!

But having some more official content in that category sounds good too.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I hope we get warts with witches. :D
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Let’s see, we’ve got freckles, moles, beauty marks, scars, frown lines...

What more do you want?
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I just wish that freckles could be passed down genetically haha
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Don't forget, we've got acne too.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Let’s see, we’ve got freckles, moles, beauty marks, scars, frown lines...

What more do you want?
    To your point, yes, we do have quite a bit of options. But really take a look at them. We have two styles of freckles (and only on the face, which isn't really believable tbh), two beauty marks, and a ton of movie FX makeup scars. The scars in particular are quite dramatic, suitable almost exclusively in a dramatic actor role; Or perhaps if your Sim's backstory involves getting such a deep and visible scar on their face. But scars that are more subtle would be a wonderful addition. Vitiligo marks would also be amazing and would add so much character to a Sim's face/body!

I have a few freckles across my cheeks and nose, a beauty mark on the tip of my nose, and a moles under lip, on my chin, and next to my eye. I have a scar on my nose but it's probably half a centimeter in length and it's just a few shades darker than my skintone. I also have a deeper, less visible scar on my forehead in line with the middle of my eyebrows. I DON'T have any scars that look like I got attacked by a large animal and survived. My freckles aren't as apparent as the ones given to us in game. I have acne scars on my face and bags under my eyes but nothing as dramatic as we have as options currently.

I think if a player doesn't use skin details often, yes, we have plenty of them. But for those who love to add a variety of skin details, there's not enough. I also second the comment that it would be awesome for skin details to be genetic.

However, if it meant taking time away from other things that would be even better additions to the game, I can very easily live with what we've got at this moment.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I would like to see less exaggerated scars, more variety of freckles, and other details it's pretty lacking atm
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    using CC I have my current sim have a huge burn scar on her left cheek.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    More variety would be great its kind of annoying how features like moles, beauty marks, scars and so on are just ignored when they should be expanded upon in new packs. I prefer seeing these given more options over another chair any day.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    edited June 2019
    If you exclude pimples, scars and moles, etc., this is where we are after four years:

v2d5tsN.png

This is where I want us to be:

2Yl2DXC.png

There is only so much you can do with sliders. We really could do with more details.
  • jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    I also think that more skin details are needed, and not just for face but for body as well!

Here are some that I think that would be good to have. (Many of them are already mentioned above, but wanted to make a small list)

For body and face:

- More mole, beauty mark and freckles options.
    - Vitiligo or other pigmentation changes. few options with typical appearances for example.
    - More scars. I like what we have now, but need some different kind of scars.

For face:

- Different dark circles under eyes, more natural ones I mean.
    - More wrinkle options.
    - Redness for nose, cheeks, chin or around eyes. (Some people have that kind of skin coloring for different reasons.)

For skin, eyes and hair:

- Would be nice to have option for heterochromia also. At least for eyes.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    We need total-body freckles; a Sim having freckles on their face but literally nowhere else just looks stupid.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I just wish that freckles could be passed down genetically haha

Yes! Whenever I make a Sim with freckles, I always forget to give them to the kids.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Still waiting for freckles to be genetic.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2019
    Sure and I also need a pale pink skin, the pale yellow skin is like a sick person.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    I'd love more skin details, especially genetic freckles.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • LexiBaiLexiBai Posts: 29 Member
    > @storyy said:
    > Chazzzy wrote: »
    >
    > Let’s see, we’ve got freckles, moles, beauty marks, scars, frown lines...
    >
    > What more do you want?
    >
    >
    >
    > To your point, yes, we do have quite a bit of options. But really take a look at them. We have two styles of freckles (and only on the face, which isn't really believable tbh), two beauty marks, and a ton of movie FX makeup scars. The scars in particular are quite dramatic, suitable almost exclusively in a dramatic actor role; Or perhaps if your Sim's backstory involves getting such a deep and visible scar on their face. But scars that are more subtle would be a wonderful addition. Vitiligo marks would also be amazing and would add so much character to a Sim's face/body!
    >
    > I have a few freckles across my cheeks and nose, a beauty mark on the tip of my nose, and a moles under lip, on my chin, and next to my eye. I have a scar on my nose but it's probably half a centimeter in length and it's just a few shades darker than my skintone. I also have a deeper, less visible scar on my forehead in line with the middle of my eyebrows. I DON'T have any scars that look like I got attacked by a large animal and survived. My freckles aren't as apparent as the ones given to us in game. I have acne scars on my face and bags under my eyes but nothing as dramatic as we have as options currently.
    >
    > I think if a player doesn't use skin details often, yes, we have plenty of them. But for those who love to add a variety of skin details, there's not enough. I also second the comment that it would be awesome for skin details to be genetic.
    >
    > However, if it meant taking time away from other things that would be even better additions to the game, I can very easily live with what we've got at this moment.

PREACH GIRL! <3
    > @SimQueenie9 said:
    > @SimQueenie9 said:
    > We need total-body freckles; a Sim having freckles on their face but literally nowhere else just looks stupid.

ea must think that people with beauty marks on other parts of their body other than their face don't exist... :(
    List of details we don't have:

1.Eye bags
    2.visible pores(we have acne give us some blackheads)
    3.different swatches of freckles(some people have dark freckles some people have ginger freckles, some people have incredably light freckles) 4.one shade of freckles does not suit every skin tone.
    5.wrinkles just above the eyes
    6.wrinkles to the side of the eyes
    7.wrinkles around the neck
    8.sagging of the neck
    9.dimples on the chin
    10.dimples on the face
    11.more than 2 moles (I REPEAT 2 MOLES BECAUSE THAT'S JUST SO MUCH VARIETY!!)
    12.creasing around the bottom of the mouth
    13.creasing around the eyebrows
    14.realistic scars (as in scars that don't look like you've been attacked by a bear)
    15. full body freckles and I'm not talking about giving us one single swatch (give us a variety of swatches with the freckles on different places on the body; give us multiple freckles, singular freckles, freckles in a concentrated area. it's impossible to accurately represent your sims and create diversity with the freckle options we've been given, ea is basically asking us to download custom content, we shouldn't need mods to give our sims diversity in a game that is about making and expressing diversity!!!)

Give us more skin details ea (•̀ ︵ •́)!!!!!!!!