Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

USEABLE CARS IN THE WORKS?

suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
So I was on Twitter and came across this. Thoughts?

Comments

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    O_O

No. Dang. Way!!!

I hope this means cars are coming.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited May 2019
    Is that car in anyone else's game? Why would it show up in anyone's game even if they are being worked on? This may be a bit of mischief.

@suzy13 did you go into your game to see if that car was in your game too?
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Yeah it is! But check this out: false alarm
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I was about to suggest that maybe the model was recycled from another game but you beat me to it. But I was still hopeful that this wasn't the case and that it's a sign we're getting them. :(
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    That truck was taken directly from Sims 3. It’s been in the city this whole time. It has seats because they copied the whole model over without changing anything but the texture.
  • wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »

I have noticed the same car in my game, I seen a few cars driving whilst my sim goes home.
  • FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    Sometimes when devs do that to cars, sometimes it's just for extra detail, but most of the time it is for future updates, seen that kind of stuff a lot in games.
    SilentConfusion.png
    > @FancyNight said:
    > Sometimes when devs do that to cars, sometimes it's just for extra detail, but most of the time it is for future updates, seen that kind of stuff a lot in games.

Yeesh my gramma, excuse that, but like what I said, i've seen it A LOT in games
    SilentConfusion.png
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    FancyNight wrote: »
    Sometimes when devs do that to cars, sometimes it's just for extra detail, but most of the time it is for future updates, seen that kind of stuff a lot in games.

The truck is taken from Sims 3. It‘s a Vorn P328. Not a sign that cars are coming.
    latest?cb=20100916035439
    a256aFi.gif
    FancyNight wrote: »

The truck is taken from Sims 3. It‘s a Vorn P328. Not a sign that cars are coming.
    latest?cb=20100916035439

Aw, that's kinda disappointing
    SilentConfusion.png
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Just an illusion
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Yes, that car has been in the game from the start, if you use a mod that unlocks the cars that are in the game for build mode, that is one car that you can place in build mode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I liked the vehicles in sims 2 and I hope they implement them in the same way since I we do not have open world.
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Also, City Living came out more than a year ago. I don't think this is proof.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    We need a transportation GP bad!!!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Looks like the modder NeilSimming (formally Nyx) has started working on a car related mod:

edited May 2019
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Lol..
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    To me it makes sense. Amount of cars in GF. They'll prob be like ts2 or decor
    caitytrina.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Until I see an actual road system added to the game engine data - I will not believe that period. Sims 1,2, and 3 all came with a built in road system in the game engine and the base game - Sims 4 has yet to get a road system any where in the game data.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....