Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simselves on an Adventure

123457...Next

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Time is so weird right now! The other day, I noticed I still had cold-weather sweaters and shirts on my bed. I was like, "Wow. Where did spring even go?" When we started staying-at-home, I was still wearing those! Now it's over 100 degrees everyday. I feel like I had no spring or.... that it just somehow dissolved? And I'm almost done teaching the 8-week summer term. What? What is time?
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    We skipped spring here, went straight from hail and snow to 90+ temps. This has been a weird year.
  • AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    I feel that way too. All my winter clothes are still in my drawer taking up space. And it's 100 degrees most days here so I definitely can't wear those things. I feel like we went inside at winter and came out when it was summer like a hibernating bear. I lost all track of time and days blend together. :lol

On another note, so cool you got a chapter out, @Shadami! Don't even worry about the delay. I'm really bad with writing consistently and on a schedule.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Oh no that's really what happened. XD we had hail and snow one day and the next day it was 90+ and the snow melted and we had to scramble for fans and AC units. XD it was crazy.
    Davion so that he can look like he’s heroic as he stands on deck with the sun gleaming off his armor and guarding the entire crew single handedly.
    @Shadami this made me laugh so much. :lol: It's really telling about @divanthesimmer's character. I love that @CathyTea's character is looking for sealife. It seems very fitting. I love that Cade forced the fish situation.

Your maps are so detailed and help with full world immersion. It's too bad that in Brindleton Bay (like in Sulani) there isn't a lot right on the water to help with your screenshots. Maybe try different angles to help with the illusion. I hear you on Sims not coooerating with screenshots.

The ones of Lizzie made me smile. I really do love water and boats so it makes sense she doesn't want to go home. I cringed a smidge though when she did situps in a skirt! :grimace: And Cade... get outta the water! You're not a swimming cat!

I'll get you my thoughts/ answers to your questions later.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Davion so that he can look like he’s heroic as he stands on deck with the sun gleaming off his armor and guarding the entire crew single handedly.
    @Shadami this made me laugh so much. :lol: It's really telling about @divanthesimmer's character. I love that @CathyTea's character is looking for sealife. It seems very fitting. I love that Cade forced the fish situation.

Your maps are so detailed and help with full world immersion. It's too bad that in Brindleton Bay (like in Sulani) there isn't a lot right on the water to help with your screenshots. Maybe try different angles to help with the illusion. I hear you on Sims not coooerating with screenshots.

The ones of Lizzie made me smile. I really do love water and boats so it makes sense she doesn't want to go home. I cringed a smidge though when she did situps in a skirt! :grimace: And Cade... get outta the water! You're not a swimming cat!

I'll get you my thoughts/ answers to your questions later.

I agree! I love that line and the maps are fantastic - I can see you've put a lot of effort into it. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Time is so weird right now! The other day, I noticed I still had cold-weather sweaters and shirts on my bed. I was like, "Wow. Where did spring even go?" When we started staying-at-home, I was still wearing those! Now it's over 100 degrees everyday. I feel like I had no spring or.... that it just somehow dissolved? And I'm almost done teaching the 8-week summer term. What? What is time?

Meanwhile here in South Africa, we're having one of the coldest winters in a long time, with the wind nearly blowing people away! :D

It really does feel like the world is ending.
    phULnBI.png
    That's crazy. Stay safe from the wind as much as you can!

I'm really happy I'm writing the characters well, I've tried to make it seem believable as what they are. :)

I have a little bit of time to pull more maps together for when you hit the island. Right now they're just hand drawn xD

Right now just have to figure out which path you all are taking to determine what you may run into.
    Hope everyone is still safe and well. I still haven't really started the next part. If you have input on what I should include for your character in the next bit please let me know. :) Otherwise I'll get to it as soon as I can. Got the house and just packing and moving boxes and cleaning and girls virtual schooling lately.
    Shadami wrote: »
    Hope everyone is still safe and well. I still haven't really started the next part. If you have input on what I should include for your character in the next bit please let me know. :) Otherwise I'll get to it as soon as I can. Got the house and just packing and moving boxes and cleaning and girls virtual schooling lately.

I'll have to reread the last chapter and see if I have any feedback, lol. Life got crazy here too. My parents are divorcing and my mom is moving out, so I know how busy it gets! <3
    phULnBI.png
    I'm so sorry to hear that, @divanthesimmer. That's rough. I've been through it myself - my parents split when I was 9. Let me know if you need anything, even if it's just a sympathetic ear for venting. :)

@Shadami I'll have to reread the chapter also and get back to you. Looks like I spaced on answering you. :grimace:

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    No problem, it's been a crazy year so understandable and I haven't been posting updates xD

Sorry to hear about the divorce. I hope it's a civil one and everyone is okay. My mother in law is going through divorce right now as well.
    @AdamsEve1231 and @Shadami Thank you. I'm sorry that there were/are divorces in your families too. Luckily my parents are civil to each other, even though we're all hurt and a little angry about the situation. Hope everyone's doing well! :)<3
    phULnBI.png