Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simselves on an Adventure

Comments

• AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Hope everyone is well. :)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Okay good, I was pretty sure we had xD

My girls are sick. Fevers, coughs. General blah but nothing crazy. Otherwise things are good.
  • MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    Hi all! @Shadami Glad to hear you and the nooboo (hehe) are doing better. Sorry to hear your girls were sick last month; hopefully they got to enjoy the Christmas holidays first :)

Loved the new chapter. Figured I could give my input here? I skimmed the December Discord chats but didn't know if I should put my notes here or there, maybe in the rp-fireside chat? Let me know what's easiest for you going forward, @Shadami .

Nyx will play/fidget with the coasters and other various small, useless objects she collected from the tables while listening to the letter and gazing over the strange map with her opal-like eyes. She absent-mindedly tosses each coaster onto nearby tables, looking deep in thought.
    As the characters talk, Nyx regularly has to angle her head slightly to avoid light being reflected towards her by Squall's unique skin. Luckily, the bar is dimly lit, so she is not overly bothered. But as the conversation turns to treasure - and Nyx learns she will have to brave sailing with this odd luminescent creature - she starts to wonder if she'll be able to tag along. The treasure does sound awfully enticing... and she must admit that she wonders what lies beyond this dingy port city. If she is to understand more about this Material Plane and her place in the world, perhaps she must join these adventurers. Yes, she decides, she will go to this island with them... whether she is invited or not, she will be on that ship.

I imagine you can work this in somewhere (feel free to split it up, rewrite/edit as needed!) and then have her snap to attention when someone asks her something for some comic relief :) Similarly, feel free to write dialogue for her where she bluntly says what other people are alluding to, in her quiet, neutral tone for some funny moments. She may also express fascination about any of the other character types if she hasn't seen their kind before.
    I want to play into this idea that because of her pupil-less, glossy eyes, that she's from another realm, and speaks very softly, she seems a bit spacey and strange to the rest of the party. Yet they can also tell she is skilled in stealth and the reader is aware that she is actually thoughtful and observant (though obviously not observant when direct sunlight is involved).

It is up to the other party members whether or not Nyx is formally invited onto the ship. She will quietly and politely make her case for why her skills will be useful to them, but she won't push them. She may demonstrate her shadow movement to them if it's called for or if she feels like showing off to someone who doubts or annoys her (chaotic neutral, hehe). Since she is so good at sneaking around and slinking through the dark, she is confident she will manage to stow away in the depths of the ship if she must.

Let me know if you need any more input for this part, I'll do my best to check in more!
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
    I'm sorry y'all. I haven't been around here much or on the Discord. I've been super busy offline. I've also noticed a lot of negativity in the greater Sims community recently. I'm trying to protect my mental health and so I've been avoiding the forums a bit. There's a lot of negativity in the world right now, and I want to protect what little precious peace I have. And that means cutting back on things that cause me stress. I hope you understand.

I'm still active in writing and reading SimLit so if there's been an update in this game story, or if I've needed to give feedback I'm sorry I missed it. I really do love this group and I'm looking forward to more gameplay and chapters. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    @Morningstar Thank you for all the information. Admitettly I didn't read it fully until now because things have been crazy.

(seriously. anyone want to just teleport here and give me an hour without having to hold this child. MY GOD she is active. She's almost 6 months and is starting to sit up on her own . Full crawling expected any day)

i have quite a bit of the bar / treasure map talk scene written. a few minor changes to make still/ add in any characters reactions that i didn't get in yet.

then i'll be writing out actually getting on the ship. let me know if anyone wants anything specific said. :]

@AdamsEve1231 you're absolutely fine, and is understandable that breaks are needed sometimes. :)
    The newest Part: The Parser
    @CathyTea @PitlordMaggie @divanthesimmer @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Morningstar @AdamsEve1231

I feel like this is a shorter part, but I felt like I needed to get it out ^^ I'll try to make the next part longer,
    RP Triggers to help direct the story:
    What does your character do to convince the captain to let the party have passage on The Parser?
    How do you react to the talking figurehead?
    Are there other things that you want your character to do while still in port?
    How do they react to being on a ship?
    How do they react to each other/ the information gained in this session?
    Feel free to chat in character on the RP discord channel, or answer these prompts here.
    I will continue using things developed about the characters to guide reactions in the story. :]
    I am writing parts of this chapter out. The more I get from everyone the more fun it will turn into since it won't be just my DND voice. :)

And yes, I am finally getting to this.
    Shadami wrote: »
    I am writing parts of this chapter out. The more I get from everyone the more fun it will turn into since it won't be just my DND voice. :)

Wonderful. I was just thinking about this actually. I'll get you my answers tomorrow.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member

I'll also try to give you some feedback, lol.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    Oh fantastic! :) I hope to make this a really good chapter/session/post xD
    edited May 2020
    @Shadami here are my answers. I had to go back and reread the last chapter and double check my character sheet. Feel free to use what works in chapter/game, and save other stuff for later, or not use things. I'm answering in Lizzie's voice, but the italics are Cade either directly talking or her direct thoughts.

What does your character do to convince the captain to let the party have passage on The Parser?
    I'm not sure Cade will feel the need to "convince" the captain. After all, she's walking around like she belongs on the ship already. But Cat did say that there is a friendly tibbit with the party... aww... thanks Cat. Cade would give some love to Cat for that kind comment. Did I mention that Cade has a short attention span? Haha.

Cade will hang back and watch the others do the heavy lifting because she is a cat, and cats are a bit lazy. Perhaps she will jump up on someone's shoulder and curl up and purr in cat form, or maybe find a nice spot to snooze for awhile. If she absolutely must, if all else fails, she will probably convince the captain with her fairly decent persuasion skills if someone in the party is willing to reward her with a fish. I'm looking at you, Kirt! :p

I like this guy! Or gal! Or whatever it is! :DBut it's no big deal. *shrugs shoulders* Cade's seen weirder stuff. (yes, yes, she's secretly delighted - the figurehead is speaking Cade's language - sarcasm!)

I already mentioned Cade will be taking a nap somewhere... but... she may just want to wander to the richer market in town. Because Cade is fond of rich and luxurious things.

Will the party need supplies before traveling? She would probably volunteer to go get needed items even if she doesn't want to "use" her own money. She would most likely wander there with or without party members out of boredom, probably in cat form, and potentially beg for attention or use her cuteness to haggle and lower prices. Rich people might just reward a seemingly sweet and affectionate cat. *grins broadly* Haha... they have no idea what hit them! Take that! And that! And tada cuteness!

If it fails, she'll be disappointed, but shrug it off. Cade is pretty fickle. She might try to swipe a fish if she hasn't gotten one handed to her *cough cough* on a silver platter.

Cade isn't overly fond of water because... wet fur. Blech! *shivers* But... it's practical to travel by ship and much better than swimming. If I must... she would say while yawning and acting bored. As long as she has a place to curl up and sun on the deck during the day, and places she can climb around and swing on at night to practice her ninja moves, she'll be content.

Cade will probably want to observe the party from a distance anyhow. She would be content to lurk and spy on them to learn about them rather than asking directly. If asked a question, she is likely to be cagey and evade or tell half-truths.

Cade will be happy to be near Cat Littlebird. She sees elves as a kindred spirit as already mentioned. She will probably hang around Cat in her cat or humanoid form.

As far as the information, Cade is opportunistic and outwardly will act like the treasure is the only thing motivating her, but she does value independence over everything else. She will never admit it but she does care when another's independence is unjustly taken from them.

For this reason and because she wants to align herself with Cat, she will be enthusiastic about the mission to rescue Cat's sister from the slave trade. And she will be ruthless about eliminating those who would endanger, prey upon, or attack the helpless by any means necessary, even if it means the party companions will look unfavorably upon her. (that part may be more for future reference)

Cade will view Kurt as a fish withholder (if that's a word, but she's a cat so it doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense). She will probably be a bit petty to him, but all in good fun.

Maggie will be of interest to Cade also as a half-elf, but slightly less so than Cat. Still, Cade would view Maggie as an ally. Same with Nyx.

Humans are a means to an end for Cade, and a curiosity. But she will most likely observe them from the distance.

If that dragon of Davion's shows up... Cade will be a bit frightened because hello! monster! fire breathing! does anyone else see this monster thing here!?!, but she won't let it show and will maintain her tough exterior, slinking off to hide and watch alertly from a safe hiding spot.

Cade is least likely to trust Davion... no offense, Divan... because he's a knight, and officially recognized by the government, broke up a form of entertainment for Cade (the brawl), turned Daren's attention away from giving her milk, and oh! did I mention? Cade really doesn't trust the motherloving dragons. And if asked, she would say... because they hoard spoils.

Oh and she really likes Squall's sarcasm toward Davion... "Only the cleanest mug for his lordship!” so Squall has earned points in Cade's eyes. :D

P.S. If it's useful to "convince" the captain to allow passage, and again, only if she must, Cade might use information gathered in secret *cough cough* er... through her spying on the other party members... to craft a decent enough story about the party. See Captain, we do know each other!
    Post edited by AdamsEve1231 on

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    Hello hope all is well! I answered the question in the way I think my character would react/think. Fell free to use it or bin it.

What does your character do to convince the captain to let the party have a passage on The Parser?
    Since I'm part of the crew I'm expected to come back aboard, but I will mention that my mates know of a potential new trade route to explore. If that fails to convince I will offer a bribe of the mug of ale I'm carrying. I don't usually share my drinks, so I must be really convinced they should come with me.

I'm used to it, but I might be surprised if it talks to someone else, and it's not just my imagination after a day in the tavern.

If opportunity strikes I would like her to grab a 'souvenir'. I think she has a habit of having a token from each port. Even if it is something insignificant, like say, a coaster.

Ahhh home! It was fun having time off to meet new friends, I want back to the everyday life of working on the ship.

I was intrigued by my chat with Nyx and Kirt. I'm secretly hoping to get some treasures for myself.

I think my elf party mates view me as mostly human, and my human friends see my elf nature. That's how it is to be a half-elf, not completely accepted by eighter.

I think I feel closest to my shipmate Squall. I appreciate Cat healing my bruises. Less explaining to do when I get back to the ship! I think I'm warming up to Kirt over a shared interest in drinks. There might be a stealthy rivalry if I learn that Nyx is also after the treasure for themselves.
    I plan to use these rp triggers to incorperate a story in. Some things you give me may not be able to be written in write away but will for sure be used to write characters better moving forward.

And thank you for the answers both of you! I'm super excited to get this going again and try to do a better job. Things aren't exactly slowing down here with the baby. But the girls are at least able to babysit her for short periods now that they're all getting bigger.
  • PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    I was just thinking this: if you want to write in that Yvonne comes late or goes early it could be because she has 3 school-age girls, she can mention that out-off character if it fits in. Perhaps roleplaying is her girl night out :smiley:
    Oh for sure I can work that in. :)
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Whoa, it's been so long since I've been on the forums! :o:D

What does your character do to convince the captain to let the party have a passage on The Parser?
    Already done B)

Squall refers to it as Lady Parser and she's trying to improve it's sense of humour, but currently, her jokes come off a bit wooden.

Squall would like to quickly read up on local flora within the Gasopola Archipelago or find a book which she can read on the ship. Is there anything there that would be useful for medicine or reagents? Knowing what to look for will hopefully make any Herbalism Kit rolls easier. ;)

She's more at home on the ship than dry land. The port is fine, as she can still smell the sea breeze, but venturing inland is going to be tough on her. When there is work to be done, she'll all but ignore anyone that tries to engage in small talk, but will often be heard swearing like a sailor (funny that) and playfully mocking her fellow crew.

Squall's the kind of person that likes to be challenged. When she's not working, she'll happily spar with anyone, with weapons or with fists, it matters not to her.

She'll continue to be sarcastic to Davion, although she's being playful about it, he may not see it that way! :D

Maggie's like a sister to her, so she's fiercely protective of her.

She hasn't really made her mind up about the others, it's still a long journey by sea, so she'll see how things turn out on the way. She'll have way more respect for those that try to work while aboard, even if they do a poor job, she'll recognise that they're trying and maybe even try to show them a thing or two.

Squall sees this trip as a way to hopefully make some quick coin and do some good in the progress. She's always thinking about her task... to get stronger, learn about the world, and one day, return home to take your place as one of the defenders of the Maelstrom. She thinks that she's been neglecting this task whilst aboard the Parser, as she's been enjoying the open seas a bit too much, so changing things up a bit might help her shake off this feeling.

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    edited May 2020
    Munter i'll actually have you roll an investigation check for the book. DC 15 (if you want to roll yourself of course :) ) as the islands are largely unexplored still for one strange reason or another. :3

In my current state of exhaustion I have forgotten which rumors the group has already managed to find xD and which ones are still potential surprises.
    Post edited by Shadami on
    edited May 2020
    I just gotta say. The nat 1s and Nat 20s in this adventure already are wonderful xD
    Hey all, I'm getting really close to finishing on writing this part. :) So any last minute things you want to get in let me know. I should be able to grab screenshots tomorrow is what I'm thinking. And next Monday at the latest is when I'm hoping to release this part finished.
    Updated mods so I can finally go take the screenshots. I forgot to take into account that I would need to do that.
    I can't wait!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    edited June 2020

This made my night! Love it!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
    Yay I'm glad :D

And sorry no character shots in this one. Felt we needed one that showed the players :3