Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we'll get an announcement?

Comments

• Options
    TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="suzyl3;c-17076080"][quote="stilljustme2;c-17076073"][quote="suzyl3;c-17069979"][quote="Shepard;c-17069303"]Can anybody recall any hints towards a vacation themed pack in GF or Strangerville? I can't remember seeing any myself, neither to a Uni pack. But then again I don't have Strangerville yet...[/quote]

I think the sharks in the pond in GF, the ocean and beach and pier in the distance in Del Sol Valley, but idk about any in Strangerville. I haven't got it yet so.[/quote]

I haven't seen it but someone spotted a calendar on the wall at the bar in Strangerville that showed a tropical beach scene.

Well, I was wrong about trailer/announcement, so I'm guessing if it's this coming week the teaser will be on Tuesday and trailer on Wednesday (since Monday is a holiday here in the US and EA will be closed). Either that or they'll announce the following week right before EA Play.

[/quote]

Also, it could be possible for them to announce it at EA PLAY on Saturday, the 8th.[/quote]

Nooo please not at EA PLAY, I can't wait any more :smiley:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    explxsive_ wrote: »
    @suzyl3 I thought the same but then it seems like each site are just posting it so theyre not left behind if u know what I mean
    I'm really surprised Amazon hasn't leaked it yet.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    TomaTeri wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Shepard wrote: »
    Can anybody recall any hints towards a vacation themed pack in GF or Strangerville? I can't remember seeing any myself, neither to a Uni pack. But then again I don't have Strangerville yet...

I think the sharks in the pond in GF, the ocean and beach and pier in the distance in Del Sol Valley, but idk about any in Strangerville. I haven't got it yet so.

I haven't seen it but someone spotted a calendar on the wall at the bar in Strangerville that showed a tropical beach scene.

Well, I was wrong about trailer/announcement, so I'm guessing if it's this coming week the teaser will be on Tuesday and trailer on Wednesday (since Monday is a holiday here in the US and EA will be closed). Either that or they'll announce the following week right before EA Play.

Also, it could be possible for them to announce it at EA PLAY on Saturday, the 8th.

Nooo please not at EA PLAY, I can't wait any more :smiley:

Mood
  • Options
    @suzyl3 I thought the same but then it seems like each site are just posting it so theyre not left behind if u know what I mean
    I'm really surprised Amazon hasn't leaked it yet.

True
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    I guess they keep the announcement for EA Play.

It's also possible they decided to delay this pack in order to fix some bugs.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Wow it's so hard, I can't wait anymore. :joy:
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    I guess they keep the announcement for EA Play.

It's also possible they decided to delay this pack in order to fix some bugs.

I dont see this pack getting delayed. They can fix the bugs after it releases.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    They never announced an EP less than 4 weeks before the release date.
    If it's announced in June, the pack will be released in July.

The rumors told June 19, 22 and now 28, the date is slowly moving to July.

This Tuesday will tell us the truth.
  • Options

More likely Thursday. We have the free base game offer till Wednesday plus they ll just be getting back Tomorrow from Memorial Day.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    My guess:

Teaser tomorrow
    Trailer Wednesday
    Demo at EA play for GC's
    Embargo lift around the 15/16 (I don't have a calendar handy at the moment so idk what days these are)
    Pack drops around the 20th or so.
  • Options
    My guess:

Teaser tomorrow
    Trailer Wednesday
    Demo at EA play for GC's
    Embargo lift around the 15/16 (I don't have a calendar handy at the moment so idk what days these are)

The 20th would be even better vs the 28th. Hope it's the 20th.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My guess:

Teaser tomorrow
    Trailer Wednesday
    Demo at EA play for GC's

Your computer should have a calendar on it by the way.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Gamerlil wrote: »
    The sooner the better it's released add cars and I'm a happy simmer

I'm ready for the announcement so I can create my official countdown thread to the pack
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

They never announced a GP less than about 2 weeks before release...but Strangerville got announced about a week before release. Maybe it's an EP that doesn't need that much buildup with livestreams and such. I would think it would be announced by June 7 at the absolute latest since that's the first day of EA Play, if it's available for play there (and why bring in the Game Changers if it's not?). Or more than likely we get the teaser on Monday June 3rd, with trailer on the 4th, the Monday/Tuesday before EA Play, with release planned a couple of weeks after EA Play in case the GCers find game-breaking bugs during EA Play.

I'll just keep playing my current save (I'm getting a Sim set up for freelancing; want him to max out painting first). and see what develops. If it is a tropical pack then freelancing will be a great way to enjoy the islands.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    No Monday teaser, no Tuesday trailer !

No announcement this week, no Expansion Pack in June.
  • Options
    SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    Strangerville was announced a week before release.
    Maybe their new strategy is to have a shorter time between the announcement and the release.
    Atleast I hope so…
    Maybe they really announce it on wednesday or EA-play and we still get it on june 20/21.
    Im just inpatient... but who knows.
  • Options
    Strangerville was announced a week before release.
    Maybe their new strategy is to have a shorter time between the announcement and the release.
    Atleast I hope so…
    Maybe they really announce it on wednesday or EA-play and we still get it on june 20/21.
    Im just inpatient... but who knows.

Strangerville is a Gamepack though.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    A week before it's release
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    im so tired of waiting at this point, I just wanna know what it is so I know if its worth saving up for or waiting till its on sale. wish they'd just drop some sort of hint )):

Same here......so tired of waiting and silence...

You'd think we would be used to it after 5 years.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    I like the title of this thread.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    They should announce it tomorrow (28th) if they stick to the normal schedule that EPs get announced a month before release..since we got no teaser today, then it'll be first time they announce an EP less than a month from release..EA we're tired of this just announce it already 🙃
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »
    They should announce it tomorrow (28th) if they stick to the normal schedule that EPs get announced a month before release..since we got no teaser today, then it'll be first time they announce an EP less than a month from release..EA we're tired of this just announce it already 🙃

THIS IS such a mood what
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @graventhe Most of us are feeling this way, so I can relate to your frustration. Having been with the Sims franchise for almost 19 years, I can honestly say this 'new' method EA has for releasing info is bonkers. It has been a sore spot with the fans since Sims4's release. The unfortunate part is the fact it probably won't change in the future. A lot of us have complained about it, so don't feel as if you are alone. Besides, venting is a good thing. It keeps us from throwing things at our monitors. :D
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    graventhe wrote: »

We didn't get a teaser today because today is a national holiday in the United States. EA most likely had the day off, and thus, no reason to release a teaser.