Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When do you think we'll get an announcement?

I'm curious as to when we'll hear about this next EP/GP/SP and its release date. Do you think they'll tell us anything this week? Or maybe wait until the first full week of May? I'm so excited to hear what we'll be getting.

Comments

• 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Next month or week whatever! If it’s “Wedding Day Stuff”, I’ll be very happy when R&B comes this year, if it’s not “Wedding Day Stuff”, I’ll be super depressed as heck without R&B.
  • simslover1145simslover1145 Posts: 304 Member
    There should be a MM livestream next week or the week after so I'm hoping they will give us a hint about possible announcement.
    My assumption is that they'll announce the next EP near the end of May so that it can be playable at EA Play, and maybe even release a SP for May.
    Starry-Night-Over-The-Rhone.jpg?ts=1459229076
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I think it'll be May too
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Oh, this is also a great chance to use this:
    its-gonna-be-may-19819563.png
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I assume within the first 2 weeks of May.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Wait so if the announcement does happen in May, if it was an EP, would that mean it would have to be released sometime in July or August?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Wait so if the announcement does happen in May, if it was an EP, would that mean it would have to be released sometime in July or August?

They announce EP's a month prior to their release now so it seems.

So if they announce in May, it most likely will be released in June.
  • simmietimesimmietime Posts: 103 Member
    Announcement third week of May. Release third week of June.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    aiex wrote: »
    I'm curious as to when we'll hear about this next EP/GP/SP and its release date. Do you think they'll tell us anything this week? Or maybe wait until the first full week of May? I'm so excited to hear what we'll be getting.

I'm guessing the week after next.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I guess I was stupid to think EPs took longer than they actually do.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I guess I was stupid to think EPs took longer than they actually do.

What do you mean?
    Nothing, nevermind.
    Announcement: May 22.
    Release: June 21 or 28

My guess.
    TS1299 wrote: »
    At the end of May

It will come much earlier then the end of May. EA Play starts June 7th and the EP will probably be finished by then.
    edited April 2019
    At the end of May

It will come much earlier then the end of May. EA Play starts June 7th and the EP will probably be finished by then.

Yes but not released.

That said pack is finished doesn't mean they announce and release it right away.
    edited April 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    At the end of May

Yes but not released.

That said pack is finished doesn't mean they announce and release it right away.

I think they'll announce it before EA Play in May. EA Play is for Hands on and unfortuanly I'm expecting an embargo of info till several days after the event.
    edited April 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    At the end of May

Yes but not released.

I think they'll announce it before EA Play in May. EA Play is for Hands on and unfortuanly I'm expecting an embargo of info till several days after the event.

They probably will announce it mid/late may and release it mid/late june.

Just the same like they did with Seasons.

This way they can cover EA Play and have another hands on event with the *cough* ''game changers'' *cough*
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    If the next paid pack we get is the EP, I'd expect a mid to late May announcement for late June release. If it's a stuff pack, we might could get in May still, and we would like an announcement in the next week or two - don't they just give a week ahead on those now?
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Mid-late May, for release in mid-late June.
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    If the next paid pack we get is the EP, I'd expect a mid to late May announcement for late June release. If it's a stuff pack, we might could get in May still, and we would like an announcement in the next week or two - don't they just give a week ahead on those now?

I think a Stuffpack can be ruled out since they only show off expansions to the Game Changers.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited April 2019
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

They aren’t going to release any paid content until Legacy comes out, which isn’t until June
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    May announcement, June release.
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    May announcement, June release.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited April 2019
    The mobile team leaves The Sims Mobile and move to The Sims 4, The Firemonkeys replace them.

That means 2 things :
    - More resources for TS4 (or TS4 spin-off or TS5 project ???)
    - The Sims FreePlay will end soon or in few years

A new phase is beginning.