Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freelancer careers not working

2...Next

Comments

• SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Hm... confuzzled... You debate the freelance career, but there are in fact many versions of the freelance career. Is this thread about the Photographer freelance? My graphic designer freelance do okay, and so do the writer freelance. Not sure what levels they are on though, probably not very high levels.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    I'm wondering if the bug has to do with needing to do multiples of something for a gig, like fashion photographs or graphic designs. I had gigs in both those branches & the game either only recognized the first one submitted but not the rest or even though they were all approved the game didn't check that task off so gig could complete.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    The Icon one is actually quite simple and easy, you must follow the instructions in order: Chat with client using computer make sure the task completes in the quue bar, sometimes sims drop it before completed if another action is queed up. Once the chatting is done your get a notice sound saying chat with client complete on the Gig task list, now a notice will say the client wants you to paint from reference, so you need to study reference materials on the computer under freelancer, after you study reference materials you can than paint the icons on the scetch pad.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    I'm having the same issue. Did talk with client a few times and it doesn't check it off that the task was completed.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • NetjeraNetjera Posts: 169 Member
    I'm having the same issue. Did talk with client a few times and it doesn't check it off that the task was completed.

This is what's happening to me, as well. Freelance programming is not working. Chat with Client is available, and he responds to the client with "Stress" moodlet, sometimes, but never checks as complete. He can work on the encryption, but it always fails because he doesn't know what the client wants. :/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    this is a known bug
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NetjeraNetjera Posts: 169 Member
    this is a known bug

Is there any information on when it will be fixed, or whether there's a workaround? Thanks.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I posted elsewhere that I tested them last night, and they work perfectly, just as they did when they were first patched in. It's possible that the Moschino pack (which I don't have) broke them, or it's a mod or cc that is causing the problem for some people.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    Daelene8 wrote: »
    My sim is a Freelancer (electrified artists) Chatting with the client does not work and neither does creating icons on the sketchpad. I thought it was my mods and I took them off and tried with out them but still nothing. Is anyone else having the same issue?

Yes, same problem here. No mods. Sometimes when completing the tasks, it does not check off as completed.
  • LoopyDunes191LoopyDunes191 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a very peculiar problem with the freelancer artist career:

It occured during the task to create Icons for Sims Forever, but the issue was that I saved the game and quit after acccepting the task and when I came back I could still do the tasks but they wouldn't get completed in the Job window. I quit that task because I didn't know what else to do and googling it gave me no result, I seem to be the first one to encounter this bug :/
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Have you tried turning it on and off again?

Sorry, I'm trolling.. haha!

:p
  • BEWITCHING1BEWITCHING1 Posts: 22 Member
    Deleting the UIExtension file and the suggested localthunbscache solved the issue for me. Thank you for the suggestions!
  • awlchickawlchick Posts: 75 Member
    Im on freelance crafter and all the tasks are checked off but I'm still not greeting paid. Keeps happening. I deleted my cache, repaired and updated game...what is the issue?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    awlchick wrote: »
    Im on freelance crafter and all the tasks are checked off but I'm still not greeting paid. Keeps happening. I deleted my cache, repaired and updated game...what is the issue?

It's a known issue since the latest patch.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    edited September 2020
    There is a mod fix for this issue by Louisim-yt . My freelancer can once again finish the jobs and actually get paid.

Its also good to visit the AHQ thread, add a "me-too" or a post. The more people chiming in the better.
  • Unnamed129Unnamed129 Posts: 25 Member
    awlchick wrote: »

Same here. Been a few weeks now, and no matter what freelance career I switch to, I can fill everything, it's marked as done, but I'm not getting paid.