Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

As They See (Stranger spoilers hidden)

(I, of course, don't have the pack yet obviously but to begin I don't need it yet, I will hide most things in a spoiler if you don't want to see anyways. Though that's what I'm working towards, hopefully, I don't have any issues later on in the save but if I do I'll save everyone and move them to a fresh save to keep going. One last thing...I know the title is lame I couldn't think of anything.

Consider this a prologue I guess)

ERjyq0gl.png
"Mom..there was another prank call." Cassandra started, she didn't know why Bella cared to be told about them but she would mention each one as she was instructed.

"What kind this time?"

"Uh...there was heavy breathing and an alarm and they hung up." she said quickly.

Bella nodded.

"Thank you, Cassie, such a dear."

"Sure mom.."
aypDkjFl.png
"Was there something else?" her tone sweet, she did adore her children as they were..

"My teacher said the Spirit doesn't exist," Alex called.

"Your teacher is a simpleton dear." their Spirit...watched over them after all.

"I wasn't going to say anything but....I'm still nervous."

"What is it? Boy trouble?" she teased.

"How did you....?"

"I'm your mother I know everything."

"Well...dad wants me to go on a date with........him," she muttered, she was shy but she hardly had issues with anyone so far, except one guy.
kwC2vp9l.png
"Malcolm..."

"He even set it up already, Malcolm told me at school.."

"Oh, he did did he...? Well, you know your father is only looking out for your future." Cassandra huffed, really wanting her mother on her side, she hated him he made her skin crawl.

"But mom it's so unfair...it's not like I lock myself away every night I go out...I have friends why can't I just meet a guy I like?" she tried a pout.
FATIlVkl.png
"I could try to talk to him but no promises." normally she might not cave so easily, but she had to go.

"Great..thanks."

"Of course."
1fPGrU0l.png

Finding Mortimer in their room, Bella thought she could at least try there was no harm in it though she knew he'd let it go if she pretended it was a good idea. Personally, Bella would rather her daughter date one of those sewer people in Alex's comics.

"You try and you try and you try, always failing to push that....young man on our daughter and for what? Some pocket change?" he only gave her a look, even with a bit of venom carrying her words she remained his soft-spoken wife.

As amusing as that was.

"I'm sorry....what?"

"Landgraab."

He chuckled then making her work her own pout moving to drop, in a very well practiced..unladylike flop.
c5HHCB7l.png
"Ah yes...the Bachelor Landgraab feud..so that's what this is about, I thought you were mad about the thermostat."

She rolled her eyes.

"I said you were pushing a guy toward Cassandra."

"Our repairman is a young fellow too, why he was just fixing it when you had that thing up too high." he offered, grinning.

She sighed.

"Mortimer... it's not a feud I just don't like him...and Nancy is fine, and I'm allowed to be bitter."

"But your parents didn't like him either, never understood why but my father hated this man until he died, the poor guy just took his driver's parking space so I guess I get it." she was rolling his eyes as he chuckled again.
7EMiulol.png
"..."

"Honey it's one date, I thought it would be nice."

"But she hates him."

"She didn't tell me that."

"She knows you won't listen to her." she resisted sticking her tongue out at him in victory over that.

"I just want her to be polite."

"She's polite with people she likes." Bella tried.

"It won't kill her honey, it might be good for to learn how to deal with people she doesn't like." she sighed but the clock was ticking away, she'd let it go for now.
ZTDauqal.png
"At least explain it to her the right way, she's a good girl just make it clear it's not a punishment now I have to go."

"Okay, I will....off to shop with Nancy?"

"Maybe later, order pizza if I'm not back in time." she muttered.

He waved absently as she walked out, he didn't understand why they were against each other she never wanted to talk about it and he was good at just letting things go around him if she would. It couldn't have been that important and if it was for her normal ways he guessed she had a right to be petty over one thing. Cop out or not that's just how it was, she'd bring it up in full on her own time. As it was...they certainly knew how to act maturely with one another when they were at the same functions..how much could it matter.
xtL2s2dl.png
"He's a little unwilling to budge but he will discuss it with you, just keep an open mind dear." Bella said before giving Alex a little attention.

Cassandra was a little disappointed but she only ranted so long...after all she wasn't just a good girl she was a smart one, she had much more freedom when she remained well behaved.

"Yes ma'am."

"But I think it'll only be once.." she added.

That, perked her up a bit.

"Thanks mom." once, she could do.

"You're welcome, now you two finish your homework I need to get going."

"Yes mom..." the spoke in unison wondering how long she'd be gone this time, if it was just shopping they knew it would be a while, but they were used to it....after all, who didn't like pizza?

Pim8zlkl.png
Geoffrey however...didn't bother to wait for his wife, or talk to his son....or the other one for that matter, that one could fade into nothingness for all he cared if only the Spirit would bless his request.

"Hello......ah..yes ma'am I'll be right there."

Time for him to go too.

Alright quick I think but the set up is there.
Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
All the sims err'day
PmyCqgA.png

Comments

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,849 Member
    edited February 2019
    8y9Pq8Ol.png
    Bella and Geoffrey, unfortunately, met at the same time, only a few steps fading off into the distant yanked aside by something of a force their neighbors, their families would never see.

"Ha Ms. Bachelor, a pleasure."

"It's Mrs. Goth and you know that."

"But of course, you grow more passable everytime I see you." he taunted, she resisted the huff rising in her throat.
    caVss8ol.png
    "Funny, I was thinking the exact opposite of you." he didn't even scoff.

"Amusing thought."
    zvp0MtKl.png
    "Shall we go in then? By all means go ahead of me." pain that he was.

He chuckled then.

"So you do have manners, I was beginning to think I only got that precious...pathetic attempt."

She rolled her eyes.

"So sorry I couldn't care less about what you think."

"Oh no need to apologize, dearest, I understand it's harder not being born into money, marrying in you just don't get the proper breeding but that's not your fault. " that of course, snapped a fuse.
    itTQGIVl.png
    "You listen here you trustfund piece..."

A firm cough interrupted her, she gave him one last dirty look before they turned toward the door.
    POu9ubYl.png
    "If you two are done playing around, she's ready, do hurry now we can only confuse the general public so long."

Bella didn't question the new face, she knew the uniform.

"....foolish llama." she swore under her breath.

"Cheap airhead."

Beyond the plain furniture, through the master bedroom, and into the basement they had more important matters...at least they hoped.
    xlpqOGGl.png
    "I take it back Ms. Bachelor, you're not all bad..from behind anyways."

"Bite me." she snorted.

He only chuckled again, enjoying teasing her as he often did though he'd rather cover it up with as genuine mean-spiritedness that he could.

7YQGmIPl.png
    "Well if it isn't my favorite....family agents, have a seat I don't have much time to waste now." the woman...Boss, spoke quickly authority dripping from her near monotone voice.
    lJeOaqIl.png
    Geoffrey didn't often busy himself with his son but when he did he only saw himself in the boy when he slouched, these pointless meetings were as dull as the schoolwork he demanded top marks on. Still he made the most of it just until he could trust that Malcolm would no longer be a thorn in his side.

"Well, what do you need?" he asked.

"Geoffrey..." Bella began in warning.

"That's quite alright, Mr. Landgrabb if you could tear yourself away from your dirty fingernails for a moment I might get on with it." Bella bit her lip hiding a smirk as he huffed, knowing full well he was manicured to perfection.
    omDNLqGl.png
    "That's better." her voice firmer as he bit his tongue looking at her, he could be snippy all he wanted but this was business he knew better.

"Found some more trees for us to investigate or more abductions?" Bella asked.

"Ah no, it seems the Slyvan tree is rather harmless, and abductions are rarer every day, though this is quite simple."

"Does it involve why you moved your office, you have no defense here." Geoffrey began, not sure about the new receptionist.

He was almost certain she nearly smirked at him.

"While your concern is...interesting Mr. Landgraab I assure you my custom cameras..armed with fine lazers do plenty." they had noticed those additions.

"But then..what do you need him for?" Bella asked thinking of him...he was somewhat pretty after all.

"Why to make coffee of course."

They may have been at least a little amused by her dismissive tone, what else would she need him for the woman was paranoid, and rightfully so she wouldn't even let agents she'd known a lifetime near anything personal.
    c25KOiJl.png
    "Anyways, I want you to look out for a new lot for a smaller office for us."

"That's it?" Geoffrey asked as she paused.

"No but I assumed you'd interuppt me, quiet."

He huffed in annoyance.

"This place you're going to, this will give you something to do."

"Newcrest? it's still mostly empty there..harder to hide in plain sight." Bella added.

"Not even, Strangerville...you see I'm concerned about it...being hidden I suppose."

Bella shook her head.

"You mean Strangetown?" she asked.

"I know what I said Mrs. Goth." she spoke slowly, as if done with the conversation already.

"That place doesn't exist."
    Hd9yl32l.png
    "I assure you..when you get the call, it will, pack a bag....dress for the heat, and wait at home."

"But..."

"You're dismissed."

"Ma'am.." they spoke in defeat mostly.
    J14rDxel.png
    "That was a little too cryptic." Bella groaned, she wasn't sure what to say to Mortimer about leaving.

"Maybe for you, simpleton."

With a heavy sigh she gave in to his ribbing.
    vzLYY5Wl.png
    "Okay hotshot..what do you know about this place?"

"As much as I need to."

"Which is?" she pressed as he turned on his heel.

"She is always five steps ahead of us, if she says it'll be there, it'll be there."

p3RoG4Dl.png
    Right, as if that was all there could be, though he wasn't exactly wrong.

Excuse my censoring...family rated still hehe.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    edited February 2019
    (Warning, before you panic, I'm just setting up so there are no spoilers because I haven't gotten to the story ingame but they are coming as promised.)
    The only call they received was another of those yank through sorts, it shortened travel time unless the boss was feeling playful then they would get their own ride. Though they were used to it, even with simple missions that promised them time to rush back home quickly if they needed to, or in Geoffrey's case a break was needed, they were always prepared. Dressed and packed as requested.
    arPjtfAl.png
    Bella looked around the somewhat barren land nervously it was eerie, she saw the dust kicking up, the wind was there but there was no sound, not even a can bouncing along the rode it was unsettling. She grabbed Geoffrey's hand without a second thought he wasn't going to go there, where?, only the part of his mind that might have enjoyed the warm contact. Nancy flashed in his mind...a means to an end that one, she didn't greet him when he came home, say good bye when he left, bother yapping or asking questions, she was genuinely fine with her share of the check he sent her way. She was perfect for that, still he cleared his throat reminding her who she was standing with she ripped her hand away just as quickly as it came.

"You've spent too much time with your rugrats, you can't be scared already."

"This place gives me the creeps, so sue me."

"Even in that mansion you live in?"

She rolled her eyes, often playful with Mortimer in it's own way but a requirement with Geoffrey.

"We rebuilt the mansion."

"Did you? I hadn't heard."

She shook her head, it wasn't important anyways, her job title didn't matter, they always had routine checks, late night examinations in safe..well known areas she couldn't help her nerves got to her a bit here.

"It's just odd...yesterday I could have sworn this place didn't exist."

"Perhaps it was a cover up, and the boss wasn't interested before." he offered, maybe so.

"Anyways...I guess we should look around."

He nodded absently, even in the dark of night it was much hotter that Oasis was...he hated it already, almost enough to wish he'd prepped shorts instead, though they were "beneath" him.
    BuY9U2hl.png
    Of course they found soon enough that perhaps Bella's nerves weren't so sensitive after all, in the distance the off cracking sound of bones and dark chuckles that echoed against the night sky were a little more than something to discuss.

"What in the fresh heavens...? Spirit help me..." she muttered whispering to no one.

"Don't tell me you've become one of those types."

"Hush..look, what are they doing?" she asked snagging a few quick pics with her phone.
    lftY34Yl.png
    "Well....either the boss was interested cause of this or the one time something went over her head this is the surprise for us."
    YZNmDzXl.png
    She huffed in annoyance but he could only shrug, she wanted them to look around but they...those things hadn't seen them yet he didn't feel so confident without a simray at least. He glanced at Bella the heat in the air was gone in a moment the town wasn't right.

"We should probably get back..."

"Help!"

Startled they turned barely noticing the blur of color running toward them, for a moment they thought they were going crazy...a lot of things happened many sims never saw as they weren't supposed to...but dogs still weren't supposed to talk.
    o6b4hlcl.png
    She fell at their feet looking around quickly, though satisfied to see they heard her but the other odd humans didn't, she took a moment to catch her breath certain they didn't just hear barking, primitive, to her anyways. She looked between the pair they didn't smell like the area, all the better to be around them.

"Thank goodness someone heard me...these people just...twitch at you and make those gross twitching noises."

"....Are you hearing what I am?" Geoffrey asked after a moment.

"I..think so." Bella replied the dog sighed heavily.

"Yes I talk...no need to be a pain..." she was soon cut off it was time to head out after all.
    iVbZElgl.png
    The dog sputtered stomping her paws, the air nearly knocked out of her.

"What on Simearth are we doing here?? Where is here? I demand you take me back this instant!" she followed them absently as they ignored her muttering to herself.

"I've gone foolish too...people who don't talk...I go with them like they offered candy."

Not that she wanted to be alone.

"Inside with light is much better than outside with dark.." she mumbled.

Bella only hoped she wasn't suffering from exposure or something of the like.
    W9zoDlcl.png
    Down in the lab they waited for the boss to join them, Bella smiled as Corky, their scientist...gadgetman extradornaire as he called himself joined them he snorted looking at her.

"Hi...Agent G...you look awfully pretty." she smirked, perhaps not the most creative name but with such a small branch they didn't need much.

"Hello Corky."

"I would like to be taken back now..." the dog started, not that they were listening.

Dg6SURCl.png
    The boss joined them quickly enough only glancing at the dog.

"So what is this creature you've brought back with you? You didn't talk to it did you?"

"This 'it' has a name, it's Selina and I'm a girl!" she called, rather mildmannered all the same.

"No ma'am." they said in unison.

"It..."

"Selina..."

"....Selina does chatter a lot though." Geoffrey said.

She scoffed if they weren't going to talk surely she should.

"Well did you get anything useful out that way? Is it..." Corky began, a slow moan of annoyance from Selina stopping him.

"Uh Selina, is she a threat? You know take me to your leader, sort."

She scoffed.

"I don't think so..but we don't know for sure."
    dm7j8c7l.png
    "I had plenty of time to attack if I was gonna..." Selina muttered pouting.

The boss gave her a once over.

"Perhaps...we've seen differen't aliens with different ways here." Selina was quiet, they don't listen well enough.

"Bella..." she went on.

"I"m getting up."
    RYIGEPAl.png
    "So what did you see?" Corky asked.

"Well Bella got pictures, but it was the weirdest things these people were just..off" Geoffrey answered.

Bella wasn't really paying attentiong she started to feel badly for her it was a strange feeling, she wasn't sure if she was really an alien animal or if she were some sort of shapeshifter but without much thought....much like Selina approaching them first chance she got, going willingly, she thought to comfort her. Her boss's voice shook her out of it.

"I wouldn't do that without gloves." she said in warning.

"Right..."

Cz3i4Jbl.png
    "I am not deceased and I don't secrete stuff." Selina whined.

She glanced at Bella a brief glow to her eyes, gone in a snap.

'..but you understand you're different, like me?' Bella only shrugged not sure what she meant by that, she still opened her mouth perhaps just whining as she didn't cause alarm. Though her voice echoed in her mind...she was so far beyond a typical alien but they had met at least one pollinator that had that ability.

She had been quite fond of Geoffrey and was disappointed when she was released on the promise that she would leave Willowcreek residents alone, without offspring from him.

Selina wondered if she was off, she wasn't sure how humans were meant to act, just what she didn't like, much like this place she didn't like it either.
    TaMJtEBl.png

"Uh here Corky...the pictures."

"I still need to go back." Selina tried again.

"Did you see anything else while you were there Geoffrey?" the boss asked.

"Not a thing, though we weren't there long."

"That'll be fixed when you go back."
    YOX4wABl.png
    "You want us to rush back now?" Bella asked.

"Absolutely...whatever this thing is..we need to know if you're infected and if we must be contained here...when I sent you the charts didn't slip out of control until it was too late." another thing she wouldn't explain...until a new boss was meant to take over.

"But ma'am..."

"Don't worry Agent G...I will get you all set up before you, a simray some journals, a camera, some medicine just in case you'll be fine." Corky said simply.

"Are you sure?"
    Ydq8kE5l.png
    "Of course, look at who you're talking to." he said giving a little twist, as she giggled just slightly.

'You're trying too hard, she's just not that into you.' Selina said, he huffed, choosing to ignore that.

"And we'll keep your little friend here see what she knows." he added.

"I'm not to be kept I need to go home.."

"Enough, I will send you back soon I needed to see you were alright but we need to know what makes that little town..what it is, unless of course you'd rather I call another branch." she offered only one chance to back out.

In most cases.

"Ma'am.." they already started, not to mention even if they didn't go it wasn't as if they could just go home in case they were sick.

"Good."

"There is one thing though." Geoffrey began.

"I didn't know there was something wrong, I can find a lot of things but if I truly knew everything I wouldn't need you, clear enough?" she said firmly.

She had a point...as far as he knew.

hd1Jo06l.png
    While Bella was in the bathroom Selina thought to go explore she was curious about Bella she seemed different though..Geoffrey did as well if they were used to aliens that certainly clung to humans too maybe she was wrong. Either way she was hoping they would see quickly enough she wasn't a threat she didn't want to be here all the while satisfied she was around someone that wasn't twitchy..or simply afraid of her.
    9AdHePel.png
    As much as she disliked barking...the tail game didn't seem so bad, at least she thought it was a game, she thought she might look quite silly but it calmed her more than chewing the furniture did.
    V8G9t1xl.png
    "There you are..." Geoffrey wasted little time getting her attention.

"Oh you've stopped ignoring me have you?" she snapped.

"That...." he cut off the receptionist less she bite him.

"I am sorry but it's just how things are around here we have to get to business." he explained, as loosely as he could.

"Hmph...well I want to leave...I don't like this place either..."

"We are leaving but you..."

"I am not a pet!" she spoke firmly a slow growl in her throat.
    qJio3pNl.png
    "You have a better idea? At least you're safe here."

"I'm safe everywhere."

"Then why were you screaming for help?"

"That's what humans respond to isn't it? Should I yell fire instead?" she tried.

He chuckled, picturing her running about waiting for a response.
    Y58tZ7Gl.png
    Bella joined them quickly just about ready to leave.

"Here a treat."

"You don't fool me! What's in that!"

Bella sighed.

"It's made from the same mix our cookies are made from it offers a chance for your location to be tracked, long after the treat is through your system."

"I won't!"

"You will if you want to leave."

"The boss is letting her go?"

"With us, if she cooperates." Selina groaned.

"Fine..."
    Ri8iF6Dl.png
    "Ugh..."

"It's not that bad.."

"It tastes like chicken..I hate chicken." she mumbled.

"What sort of dog hates chicken?" Geoffrey asked.

"One that appreciates turkey."

"It's the same thing."

"No it isn't."

"Yes it is."

"No...it isn't."

Bella sighed, better he argue with Selina over her she could feel the tingle she missed her family already, but...work had to come first this time. She just wondered how long she would be gone. Ignoring their arguments on specific taste and texture....and wherever she came across fresh chicken or turkey to compare she only waited to leave. As much as she hated the thought of going back.
    Post edited by RedDestiny92 on
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    Let's see... Mortimer is cute... receptionist is cute.... Corky is cute.... I'm liking this so far! ;)
    :smiley: glad you think so...haven't even used all my characters yet hehe.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Okay, I have technically started the story but haven't done anything spoiler-y but I guess I'll put most of it in spoiler tag..

KhdNlBgl.png
    As safe as they would be back in their little hide out with a few extra supplies while Geoffrey was a little unsure about monitoring Selina without really knowing her while they clearly had other things to focus on. Still he wasn't much to fight he was personally curious about the situation, whatever it might be. The mood always seemed to change when it came to work he didn't care to pick at Bella and would only look that she was focused on the job ahead.

"You really expect me to eat that human dog food?" Selina asked whining.

"It's this or nothing, it's mostly dried meat and vitamin mash just fine, we can't have you getting sick over nothing."

She grunted but let it go.

"Don't worry Selina we'll probably find something else for you later but for tonight, just try it." Bella offered instead.

"Yeah okay." she said simply, satisfied.
    lzVOrskl.png
    They locked the front yard though they had been left alone as far as humans were concerned, still Selina made her way out to go to the bathroom as she should. She was at least glad those things weren't collecting at the house.

"Scrambled eggs? From you?" not really a tease...almost a well-disguised flirt, at least from him.

She smirked rather than roll her eyes.

"You want to brave the unknown to go to the store?"

"This'll do."

As she thought, though it only served to make her feel a little more nervous, he was a serious agent, that much at least she could say was positive when he did show how he felt about things he couldn't just know about it reminded her how to hold herself. She worried but then she was sure she'd get used to being in the field eventually at least rushing off like this she knew her family would remain safe, one less worry.
    Cas0Xf0l.png
    "Took you long enough, do you want some eggs then?" Geoffrey asked as Selina rejoined them, she grunted.

"I don't need scraps." she muttered.

"So you want the dry dog food?"

Bella chuckled slightly but they watched her carefully seeing she had no immediate issues as some aliens might with human food..at least Bella felt a little bad for not getting a plate for her. One night of the brown mess would be alright as it were, she noticed the poor thing was exhausted all the same no matter the fire holding her words..the life there.
    lL50PtHl.png
    At that moment Geoffery and his partner were on the same page...missing their fluffier, more expensive mattresses.

Selina...was just glad to sleep without something sneaking up on her.

jjBrAF0l.png
    As morning comes, so do they...
    y8ay00vl.png
    Of course as part of their requirements, aside from keeping quiet, reporting immediately, staying in shape, and just remaining acceptable...and crime free as possible mission or not their regular meetings wouldn't wait. The boss was specifically interested in hearing whatever reports they had as time went on. they had one hidden area to meet that would prevent any spreading if they had something to worry about but from the morning messages it didn't seem the boss was unwell. They didn't often question how things would be run...those answers were above their pay grade as they were told.

"Is it really wise to keep up meetings?" Geoffrey asked, even at home one couldn't move around him without waking him he didn't sleep easy.

"They kind of have to, the boss said you need to go to yours too they'll want to keep testing us regularly since it's too late....and looks like we won't be shopping they'll send food." she answered absently just noticing his nod to the side.

"Hope you're not above leftovers." she dug absently, amusement on her tone.

He chuckled.

"What was our last mission....we couldn't go home watching that alien that had been trying to fill Newcrest with their offspring, I believe the noodle cup you gave me then was appreciated, I can handle leftovers." she rolled her eyes but laughed lightly all the same, he sighed slightly there was that mood changing again.

"I think Selina is still sleeping so if you do go out, lock her in."

He just barely responded as she was dressed and pulled out of the room, he really wished she would just give them the hows on that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 call machine...it was fascinating.
    Lm8bwTul.png
    Geoffrey thought he would try his luck with one of locals while she was asleep, he had yet to see someone normal to question.

"Uh...Ma'am I'm trying to find out about...Strangerville, can you tell me anything..." she twitched in response, sick vampires were just as difficult to deal with it was unsettling but she wasn't going to throw him off his game that easily.

"Did you hear..."

"The Mother....is wattttttching."

"Excuse me..?"
    FX5lGS5l.png
    "She seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees alllllllllllllll ha!" she twitched violently falling back into place as if she hadn't moved at all, he stepped aside with a wave of her head she continued walking as if nothing happened, he was glad for a different direction.

(okay I"ll put them here though I really don't think I have to I'll just start so I can keep it in mind, also yes I painted Selina as closely to it as I could. Also I will break up the in game story from my own so you don't have to look in spoilers still just a note for myself this one should be good up to you to check.)
    X0zJ1KTl.png
    The colors were off but similar enough, he guessed the creepy woman was a little much for him had him thinking what the town couldn't make him think on it's own but either way he hoped Selina knew he wanted to to come find him. He wasn't far, he shivered feeling that cold caress against his head, he hated when aliens wanted to mindlink.

'You've reached Selina's answering machine please wait for the beep and leave a message......beep.'

He sighed heavily grinding his teeth.

'Selina just come find me I want you to look at something.'

"Are you gonna put me in a cage?"

'What good are you to us in a cage?'

'What good am I outside of the cage? I came looking at you for help.'

'Selina!' he thought in warning.

'Okay okay touchy...I've got your scent I'm coming.'

Finally, he groaned 'women...'

'And I heard that.'

'You were supposed to.'
    8VulN0Ql.png
    Satisfied when she finally caught up he turned to the odd plant wondering what it was, even with the off coloring she only huffed she had seen plenty of them.

"What about it?"

"Why do you look like that?"

"I don't know...why are you white? Just born like that? Imagine that." she said with a snort.

"Selina."

She groaned.

"I told you, I don't know."
    0u7SScll.png
    "You must know something, what were you doing out here before you found us?" he asked.

"No idea what you're talking about." she muttered.

"Selina if I have to have you detained I will." he said firmly, not in the mood for playing games, he didn't even have his brand of coffee here.
    bWlD8Qol.png
    "Oh go right ahead! See if I care!" he stepped back as her temper flared.

"Look I just need..."

"I don't care! I told you I don't know clear out your ears and listen I DON'T KNOW." agitated she took off...but he didn't have much time to worry about that seeing one who wasn't so twitchy he tapped a button on his phone to let the boss know something was up but he got back to it all the same.
    i2fbSDJl.png
    Admittedly he felt a little bad for upsetting her, as unlike him as it may be, wouldn't be the first time they heard of spore children..if she didn't crash here and was born here that way then he could only imagine why it got to her, the simple question. Putting on his best country accent he hurried to get the military man's attention while seeming harmless. The way he looked him up and down at the 'good mornang' twang he was sure he did it right.

"Sir."

"I wanted to thank you for your service, you men and ladies in uniform do us a world a good just existing you do."

The private puffed up a bit, pride early today.

"Well you're welcome happy to do our part."

He nodded trying to think as quickly as he could on his feet.

"Listen I'm sure you're right busy and I understand I do, but I'm new around here and was hoping...you could answer a little here and there...help this old farmboy with his confusion." he didn't even know who would say it that way but it seemed to work for the other man.

"Well sure...not much going on it's more a place to...retire to I guess."

"Even with....all the folk just a twitchin' and a carrying on?"

"Oh that's normal...."

"It is?"

"Yeah I think it's something in the food, we get a different supply in the military but they people here...are fine...the community is fine." he spoke, with a cut as if he was daring him to ask more.

"I see..."
    XpzxFdnl.png
    "I think I saw you last night, with some woman....hot young thing, she yours? We don't get em like that here." Geoffrey resisted the urge to punch him them...military or not one was proud of their training in the branch.
    7RU51lSl.png
    He took a breath to calm his nerves...he didn't even like the thought of her with Mortimer and he knew, even if he didn't want to admit it, that Don wished he could have a chance with her.

"That's my old lady."

"Oh I apologize I wasn't sure I was doing rounds, just barely saw couldn't tell how close you were."
    Y0om2Fcl.png
    "Well now that's alright that's why we moved here, lot of guys looking..." not that they agreed on an undercover story should they find people to talk to, Bella was gonna kill him...perhaps after the mission, where no one would care.

"Well you and missus be safe and if you can get food delivered keep it going wouldn't want to lose it."

"Right."

"I need to be off."

"Yes sir, thank you again."

He waved him off wishing for a few other gestures.
    jpUFzEHl.png
    ZvGQGwLl.png
    hBYbILDl.png
    By the time Bella was back he was gone for his own meeting she assumed he took Selina with him, and she thought to ask around as well she was so glad to see someone around that looked normal. Though she found it odd all the same that she wasn't bothered by those roaming around them. At least they seem harmless enough.

"Hi I just moved here was looking for a little information on this town."

"Whatever you know is all you need to know." the woman said sharply.

"Well I just meant...where to shop."

"You have an internet connection?"

"Well...yes."

"Online then....excuse me I have to go.."

Bella sighed until she found another.
    vGxD1pEl.png
    "Um excuse me...."

"If you're lost....go be it at home...don't want to upset the crazies."
    Q0yqtgHl.png
    Bella knew it wasn't going to be easy but this was ridiculous...maybe she had lost her touch.

Maybe tomorrow would be better...
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Okay now the real spoilers are coming if you don't want to see them the story is limited so you aren't missing anything if you just read outside of it, if you don't care hope you like it all.

vIaqbuVl.png
    Fresh off work Bella thought she might as well explore a little seeing as there weren't as many to be concerned about should she turn her back. Finding more to talk to was one thing, but finding useful information was another everyone seemed stiff she didn't know how long they would be spending here they didn't have time to make "friends".
    d38ivDml.png
    On her way from the odd little shop her phone buzzed to life she sighed hearing Corky's nervous laugh on the other end.

"This isn't the time for personal calls." she wasn't so worried he had their phones safely bugged no one got in their connections.

"Just quick I heard from the boss, Agent L chased of Selina so while you're out question people."

"Wait how..."

"Remember I"m tracking her so focus on the mission and grab her, I'll send you the rest of the details we got from Agent L."

She mumbled her agreement and hung up.
    3rnmQFSl.png
    Finding her was easy, getting her to stop when she approached, not so much.
    sZbTtOsl.png
    She cut short in her pursuit everyone was off for one reason or another here but she planned to be careful before attracting attention to Selina.
    r9Nk7q7l.png
    It seemed this time..tourists were their best option she was lucky the branch took care of memories and such and hoped she wouldn't look too familiar to anyone. They were getting nowhere fast only asking who might stop for them, something in the air was really off about this place.
    RQq1fmll.png
    Finding Selina was easy enough, easier than trying to get a straight to the point, non-vague answer from anyone here.

"There you are..."

"Like I told your friend, I don't know anything."

"I know okay, you would have been zapped if you were lying to us."

"Excuse me?"

"Tracking powder I have it too...security."

Selina scoffed.
    dF5RHs5l.png
    "Look just show me the plant."

"Why should I?"

"I'll feed you more eggs, you must be hungry all this running around." she offered.

"...." she knew well enough that would work.

She was still a dog after all.
    3ff5tkTl.png
    It wasn't much of a walk to get back though Selina wasn't having it, at least the odd people seemed to ignore them when they were in plain sight. Bella knew Geoffrey had come back and had been working as well, he let her know as soon as he came it wasn't a simple vacation after all. Bella was curious about it but unlike Selina she wasn't willing to get close and touch.

"Did you eat one of these or something?" Bella asked.

"No, the butcher is crazy too, he leaves the backdoor open, that's dinner."

"Maybe you came out of it."

She snorted unsure.

"I woke up alone next to a patch of them, I saw some man..he was sick I got too close and what I know what I understan came from the contact, then he died right there it made me jumpy. That was before I met you I don't like it here but I know I have to be here..or something I think you want a story I don't have one." she mostly rambled to herself agitated it wasn't her favorite topic, far too empty.

Bella sighed feeling badly for her again.

"Come here..."
    1Q0Tx7Zl.png
    "Excuse me?"

"You know know what a hug is don't you?"

"...That guy had one.."
    FI5QbrSl.png
    "It'll be okay we'll find out where you belong just don't run off when you get frustrated."

"Okay..."
    FXzPxPLl.png
    Selina was surprised Geoffrey was so willing to apologize when they returned, it was no big deal he wouldn't know but she was glad it was Bella instead who came looking she was easier to relax around. She told Geoffrey the same thing, there was a part of her that wished to be more helpful but there wasn't much she could do. Though she assured him she wasn't going to do it again, not that he had any plans for locking her up.

"I went to that shop you told me about got a few things." he said absently.

"More junk?"

"Pretty much."

"You should go look at the lab..I heard some people talking about it...and remembered when I...learned to speak." Selina offered.

"The lab...huh maybe Corky has some information on it." Geoffrey said.

Bella shrugged.

"Or at least how to get there."

"Should I come?" Selina asked.

"No, you need to play guard dog when we aren't here, it's important....just incase we find someone, anyone that would be too curious about us that could interfere." Geoffrey..mostly requested, she guessed she didn't mind, that was something she could do.
    MjtVQDcl.png
    After getting prepared Geoffrey thought they should go, and Bella thought to dress up a little.

"What is the point of this...?" he asked.

"Same thing as the lotion."

He sighed, the salve that Corky sent over through the boss, protecting their hands in place of gloves they could touch freely without leaving prints.

"We should wear white."

"I picked it out it's staying, let's go."

"Fine...."
    MESpbmwl.png
    "Now about getting in.." Bella began.

"I see a door."

"Really...? That's your plan?"

"It's late if someone does come here we don't have time for fancy."

"What an odd thing to hear from you."
    Sf0CJ3ul.png
    He rushed in ahead she only hoped it wasn't an issue...but then it did happen in this job and you just got over it and kept going forward when it did.
    qsY4mGzl.png
    "Told you we should have worn white."

"Whatever....you're enjoying this aren't you? We haven't done anything yet." not much at least.

"This is the stuff I live for when I'm not tied down." she only grinned knowing he couldn't see her.

"Let's get to it."
    A7QdvA5l.png
    "Did you find...what are you doing I thought we were gonna look around."

"I am, I was just thinking I wanted to live in a place like this." she sighed.

"Yeah yeah I'm coming."
    aL6xIFMl.png
    Hoping to find some type of keycard they had to search everywhere.
    KzMNvb2l.png
    VdPOzchl.png
    32VvfA3l.png
    "Do hurry love we don't know how much time we have."

"Mmmhmm." she muttered ignoring how he addressed her.
    3GNa8Ool.png
    Though she did let Corky know that they weren't going to meetings, they just needed bugs sent in, they left quickly enough hoping Corky got enough files to help them so many broken files and useless recordings.
    kxbJ2oul.png
    MNxiJZCl.png
    mwB72P0l.png
    The bugs came quick and while some were friendlier than others, when they got tight lipped at least they could be pumped for information either way. Selina could celebrate that fact with them, at least they were getting somewhere.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Okay so changed my mind, I finished the story and will break it down in spoilers in this post and then continue on with my story, I won't have any of my personal story and some of the pics were chosen out of a larger group so I think they say plenty how things went. Some things here I might mention outside of spoilers if they are personal but you can just skip these bits here other wise.

Chunk 1 Prepwork
    dPx1kmil.png
    zxhdZlul.png
    RU7ZanVl.png
    4Cr88vNl.png
    f8s9fBal.png
    Lb7rXSAl.png
    76FKqLjl.png
    q5kMhrfl.png
    9uPOOzrl.png
    0CeKzsMl.png
    EacxQ9Ql.png
    4xYt0oGl.png
    YD96QhDl.png
    4XyTAe6l.png

Chunk 2 Down to business
    wucXFz7l.png
    30sa6PLl.png
    smdgVbhl.png
    Z4RJBjtl.png
    mMuYB06l.png
    jsNdPHBl.png
    SJCXQB1l.png
    UrBG2BPl.png
    gf624sKl.png
    sEUEPAbl.png

Chunk 3 Discovery and could have used more suits
    idZlBP3l.png
    b2eppiUl.png
    iEvBU0Ql.png
    DmcHh9Wl.png
    HAmXsHdl.png
    ROEUHeBl.png

Chunk 4 It's time..next time prepare more
    qVpyvZol.png
    m1Q6OWJl.png
    0DMBX0zl.png
    atKKON5l.png
    8PYmMQBl.png
    0QNPk7Fl.png
    Yp4PkCll.png
    Et9kokZl.png
    hsqlCf2l.png
    j6xKwKtl.png
    MWx5y0Nl.png
    GyYdraxl.png

Of course completing a mission as secret agents means..cleanup, whether it's a shift in the memory or a larger cover up, there are no rewards to collect all their coworkers, celebrations are small. Though after sleeping on a hard cot, eating stale food, in a cramp place not sure if you might drop dead from the unknown..it ends up being a lot more special than it looks. With a nice bonus and a quick pull out from Strangerville a nice dinner with one of the more helpful scientists and of course the receptionist...Talon who can do a little more than just get coffee as far as hiding the obvious, the pair can relax..if they wanted.

0SdcVGrl.png
    SWSEf63l.png
    IoyekJol.png
    Y2avN8fl.png
    cP2gIYsl.png
    "It may not be as exciting but perhaps there have been a few things a little off elsewhere, maybe you can retrieve it? Or would you rather a proper vacation."

"We'll be there."

"Good."
    ...TBC I'll come up with something but uh if not I'll try heh.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    short sort of transition.

70LUYdql.png
    Home to pack right after dinner Geoffrey was in a particular mood glad to keep going before dinner he was glad for a brief break but just going back home and to paperwork waiting for the next thing to come up he wasn't interested in. Though he knew if there was something to do, even if it was keeping up the front of the basic computer company they worked for for insurance purposes...to stop pointless questions whatever the situation was it was mindnumbing even when it was connected to actual duties. They didn't have much to pack up but they saw that the boss must have sent a few of their things out expecting them to be ready to run when they needed. While it wasn't common it didn't really mean they were up to something big, he wasn't sure yet if he should even worry. She had decided to play Selina off as a dog with a birthdefect effecting her coloring and for her to keep her freedom with them she would stick to it. Not that she really minded, she wasn't with them long but she trusted Bella and Geoffrey wasn't all bad. She'd rather be with one of them if it couldn't be both. That said, after the doggy bag they had so kindly brought back for her she was full and just wanted to sleep however many hours she could get.

"Sure you got everything?" Geoffrey asked, not the smoothest thing but they hadn't spoken since they returned.

He knew the boss would send Talon, he handled, 'clean up' in that area so to speak to make sure they didn't forget anything.

She smiled at least he was glad for that.

"Yeah everything, going to call Nancy?"

"Why bother?" he asked absently.

She sighed.

"Geoffrey..."

"What? I heard you talking to your daughter, your family, you're the only one here that has someone on the outside to worry about." he said hoping that Mortimer didn't really want Cassandra to bother with Malcolm, even he didn't think his son was good enough for much.

She came from Bella after all.

"Ouch." Selina muttered.

He paused thinking of the words again an gave her an apologetic look.

"About that..."

"Just kidding, I don't understand enough for that to bother me." still, the words stung a bit to Bella Selina was her friend after all.
    EubInrhl.png
    "If you're done picking at Selina we need to discuss the safe house." she offered.

"Well....the boss relocated ...some poor soul and we can use his old place."

Bella knew all too well he was easy to read in that moment.

"Johnny?" she asked.

He only grunted in response.

"You know he's still your son."

"And he's fine how he is, did you get the mission details yet?"

She rolled her eyes.

"Not really, she just said we better dress lightly."

"Fun..in the sun...gonna go a place got to run...fun in the sun, where I don't know no one." Selina sang, awfully cheery for her drowsy state.

As she yawned Geoffrey nodded.

"I guess we can stay another night no rush it seems, might as well get some rest and be ready to leave." Bella shrugged it didn't matter to her.

"Also...I got you a little something."

"Oh?"

"Something a souvenir from this little trip."
    26J8xiXl.png
    "Ah a rose, you know we have these at home." she teased.

"Yeah and you'll notice that whole mess left it a little different." he offered, grinning as she smelled it.

"Hmmm..." chocolate.

"Is that...?"

"Yeah nice isn't it? I noticed it after having a little water that tasted like a coffee nectar blend.. things will probably be a little off for a while around here." the place just made him thirsty he blamed the plant.

She didn't want to say anything but she still felt a little off herself Geoffrey seemed fine...well nicer than usual when they were off the clock but she wasn't sure it mattered. She thought to talk to Corky and see if she should be concerned...or if she should at least care that she wasn't.

"Well...side effects could be worse maybe we should let things settle and come check it out."

"Might as well."
    W2baJMSl.png
    "And thank you..for the rose, you've been a good partner."

"Really? Not even a friend Bells."

She felt a bit chilled hearing the old nickname.

"I don't know about that, it's more fun to hate you." he smirked.

"I've been told I'm a good time." his smirk softening as she smiled slightly

"Fine...maybe but don't push your luck." she said thinking of his ramblings by the fence.

faL5lwQl.png
    'Fine..but I know you still love me.'

She blinked she was sure she heard something..though she was looking right him he still had that same goofy grin she once thought he lost, he hadn't said a thing she shook her head.

"Okay okay I'm only teasing I'll take what I can get."

"Oh uh...you're good I'm just tired."

"Well let's get to bed." she was thinking, letting him go ahead that perhaps she ought to call Corky sooner rather than later.

And tbc...
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    Didn't think I forgot about this one did you, not even just been going back and forth on what next forever I do that a lot.
    kWYJbRbl.png
    While Geoffrey packed Bella thought to check in with Corky while she was alone she didn't want to cause any alarm, Selina had already been a little off since Mother's reign ended though it seemed she was more a victim than a proper pawn. The boss insisted she be checked for shots or abnormalities, while she would still be allowed to return to Geoffrey and Bella it was best while she seemed 'off' they monitor her.

"Hey it's the Cork master general...."

She rolled her eyes at the name, was he for real..yes.

"Cor..."

"Just kidding, this is my answering machine and I'm a snoozing at least I must be cause I never go anywhere, leave a message after the beep if you care to see when I'm in again."

She sighed waiting for the double tone, the agent phones recieved just in case there was another message for them all tech designed by their "general".

"Bella I've noticed some strange things about Selina, it seems more like she's getting better, growing accustomed to this world without the spores. If you or Geoffrey..yes I used your names deal with it, are experiencing anything that isn't painful or leaves you immobolized I want you to stay in the field and focus on your mission. Without all the data that's all I know to look for...I don't want to do anything without that first. Also I wish I had a male dog...Selina is popping in an out of our minds without meaning to and I'm not sure of the trigger yet so if that happens...well log it and show me later don't want you getting too excited. I'm on the case already I need you to slip further we'll pull you back if my research proves useful. Corky out."

She sighed, he was silly at best a pain at the worst...but a fine employee all the same, he wasn't sure and needed to keep them or push them in the proper state fine she'd go with that. She wasn't sure if it was left over spores that put her mind at ease or not about that...though she welcomed the distraction of needing to just go.
    024UUmUl.png
    "So what do you think?" Geoffrey asked rejoining her.

"Looks fine...if you know where we're going.."

"Selvadorada, the boss says it's a simple pick up mission but...either they are still weary of spores or there is more to do."

"Or both...Corky had a message for us, we're being tested."

He sighed, though it was getting him out of the meetins he didn't care to go to.

"Well then grab your stuff we're only going to stop to drop off things for them to pick up then we're leaving."
    Gm87oe9l.png
    Nothing like arriving in the middle of the night after a slow bumpy ride one of the times the boss wasn't using her speedy tech to offer them a fast travel she sent a simple note their second reward was getting to enjoy themselves for a bit before they got to work. She completely expected them to take advantage preferring they remain useful while they were there, Bella hadn't heard much of Geoffrey's thoughts though she felt trippy all the same. She was just glad he was restless, they could crash but juice..at least getting it seemed a better use of their time.
    lP5rNQql.png
    "Is their a reason you're baring it all?" Bella asked, the question had been sticking in her mind the whole walk over.

He chuckled.

"Is that a bit of jealousy I hear dear?" she shot him a dirty look as he grinned.

"It's just hot and this rain makes it seem hotter, don't take it personally..."

'I only have eyes for you anyhow, who cares who wants to look my direction?' she blinked choosing to keep her little power..or curse to herself for now she let that slide hardly believing a word that came to mind.

She really needed a drink.
    lNYGewfl.png
    XOAYc1vl.png
    It already seemed a long night one part ignoring or giving into a flirt or two it didn't seem so bad suddenly at least his thoughts stopped coming to her though what he had to say made her wish she had that instead.

"Humor me." he tried.

"Nope."

"Just a moment.."

"Not gonna happen.."

"You can't be that boring."

"ugggh."

"Oh fine, I'll do it myself."
    zdAgQdzl.png
    He merely wanted to dance, though his juiced foolishness earned a smile he'd never see at least it helped with the celebration. He knew she would have liked to share Autumnfest with her family it was more pre-Thanksgiving than anything but they could make the most of it.

"You don't have to dance with me but at the same as me...it can't be that hard."

"Fiiiiiiine, if you're going to beg."
    GuAMfYql.png
    As if he could mind where she danced..
    3DWNQ9gl.png
    'Beautiful...'

She could pretend she didn't hear or that she didn't mind what she heard either way the juice had the effect she wanted.
    ZKtNZEjl.png
    Zqoa4nAl.png
    NgFzWy9l.png
    Partying most of the night away they got to have a 'proper' Selva meal, he may have savoured his time with her more than he normally did it was ridiculous to one side of him though he was still used to it. He couldn't help but be sorry over all the wasted time..most on his part because she knew he was wrong..he knew it...and he knew she was well aware of that. Though he'd hang on to his pride no matter the case, no matter how it made him look all the same.

'I'm still sorry Bells...'

That much she could accept or toss out she'd decide another day, it had been years yet ignoring it after all.
    iOzcPTul.png
    The boss had them sent a list of supplies they should get while they were playing tourist, might as well, Bella felt a little off herself ever keeping a list of mental notes of what she had to share with Corky...Juice didn't have a lasting effect on the well trained after all.

He was wrong
    you could be too
    but poor little lost lamb
    peace is waiting for you

Bella twitched certain she heard..well she wasn't sure what she heard, the statue? No she certainly wasn't that crazy.
    Crazy...like a fox..is what the young say
    MaOB9TMl.png
    There was more getting to her than a few bugs she would really need to talk to Corky..someone that she could, that she was supposed to be able to talk to. The vendor snapped at her as she bumped her, ignoring the rushed apologies.
    X08ITHkl.png
    "Bells?"

She twitched again not sure when Geoffrey joined her.

"Aren't you going to use your umbrella?"

"Ah....no feels nice..and warm."

"Let's get a picture then."

"We're hardly tourists Geoffrey.."

"Humor me."

He eyed her as he examined the picture for damage before deciding it was good enough.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine, just think I need a nap.."

"Yeah I'm crashing too grabbed us a few more things we should get back."

He was concerned but he'd protect her at least, he frowned watching her eyes dart around as they had before when she was nervous.

"Or uh....there is one other thing I want to do before then."

"Yeah...?"

"Don't make that face, you'll like it."

6ejTLwKl.png
    She followed him blindly, something of a peace of mind while they were partners and was surprised he lead to a spa that Nancy hadn't mentioned to him. He said he read about it, never seemed like a reason to go but if this was part of their reward no reason not to visit.
    e2PaoaCl.png
    Seeing Bella mingle while he left his troubles to be worked away he'd been fine but he felt an unnatural hit of jealousy seeing her get her own massage. He often felt that way when he saw her with Mortimer, or just Mortimer knowing he was going home to her when she wasn't with him. Though that was different, the fact that he was with Bella was the only thing he really had against the other man he wasn't going to do anything to him but he wanted to make sure this man..this unknown went missing before the day was through. He shook his head reminding himself he thought to aid her nerves let her settle while they could, there was no reason to jump on the attack but he wasn't going to sit and wait for her.
    QFmFQNXl.png
    Adding a little distance only helped so much but it would do.
    ql07Yy9l.png
    Paying a little visit to their prayer room he felt a little more at ease.
    A boy makes a mistakes
    A man does too
    Yet what a boy can ignore
    A man can regret
    Which..are you?

He shivered looking at Bella, that wasn't her voice but his more rational mind wouldn't want to be hearing things just yet he blamed the incense...it was a little strong.

Or are..you sensitive to the herbs of my people?

There it was again.

"Bells...we should probably go."

She hadn't heard anything for once, she'd almost forgotten he was next to her off in her own little world though she agreed all the same they could always stop by again before they got home.
    VaVboril.png
    They slept easy..far from any trailers but both wondering about the voices that joined them...when they really shouldn't.

Geoffrey was really looking forward to being too busy to think about such nonsense.

TBC
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png