Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bigger Worlds, please

Compare Brindleton Bay and Del Sol Valley to previous worlds such as Windenburg and San Myshuno. I really miss worlds that were that big becuase they felt more alive. I don't really understand how having a smaller world improves performance because my PC is not very good and is not built for gaming at all and runs big worlds like Windenburg just fine. (If someone who knows more about this can tell why I would love that.)

I just want to see worlds with more lots and premades. San Myshuno and Windenburg remain my favorite and most used worlds because they feel a lot less empty then some of the newer ones.
Proud black simmer 🖤
MfVGMbL.jpg

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited January 2019
    citysimmer wrote: »
    I don't really understand how having a smaller world improves performance because my PC is not very good and is not built for gaming at all and runs big worlds like Windenburg just fine. (If someone who knows more about this can tell why I would love that.)

To my understanding, the concern they expressed when people were complaining about DSV wasn't that they were afraid of the impact one large world would have within itself, but rather the impact multiple large worlds would have on the game by just existing. I don't think this concern has anything to do with the way our computers perform, but instead with the way the game does.

It's unfortunate because I doubt we will ever see worlds that match the quality of Windenburg (and maybe SM) from here on out. But I do think they have a reason to be concerned about performance, because I've seen first hand the kinds of stupid things that can cause performance issues in this game; like having too many homeless sims, or having too many relationships, or having too many items in your inventory.. the list goes on for a while and I could easily see the worlds being part of it.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    Sims 5's got you covered.
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I don't really understand how having a smaller world improves performance because my PC is not very good and is not built for gaming at all and runs big worlds like Windenburg just fine. (If someone who knows more about this can tell why I would love that.)

To my understanding, the concern they expressed when people were complaining about DSV wasn't that they were afraid of the impact one large world would have within itself, but rather the impact multiple large worlds would have on the game by just existing. I don't think this concern has anything to do with the way our computers perform, but instead with the way the game does.

It's unfortunate because I doubt we will ever see worlds that match the quality of Windenburg (and maybe SM) from here on out. But I do think they have a reason to be concerned about performance, because I've seen first hand the kinds of stupid things that can cause performance issues in this game; like having too many homeless sims, or having too many relationships, or having too many items in your inventory.. the list goes on for a while and I could easily see the worlds being part of it.

That makes more sense and thank you for the explanation. Hopefully we'll get worlds that are smaller than SM/Windneburg and larger than BB/DSV.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yeah, most likely this is because the game cannot handle larger worlds, I also get the impression that the team are very limited when it comes to time and budget, hopefully because they are working on a sequel.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Like everyone said, I don't think we'll get more worlds of Windenburg's size. But I'm hopeful we'll get some other worlds like Forgotten Hollow that are small but with a lot of charm and personality.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Yeah, most likely this is because the game cannot handle larger worlds, I also get the impression that the team are very limited when it comes to time and budget, hopefully because they are working on a sequel.

Given that they usually start development within 1-2 years or more beforehand and have kept releasing fast content at the same time I feel like a sequel would not be an excuse for them specially having said that they have planned content for more years. Even the whole performance excuse does not swing by me given that data from other worlds is not used actively when playing in a specific one so a dormant world so to speak should have little impact on performance.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do not see bigger neighborhoods or any other tools being released in this game as EA/Maxis do not want to mess with the Performance factor which would be so sad. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    Sims 1 had large worlds,and hopefully Sims 5 will have large worlds as well.Large worlds was one of the great things about Sims 1.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • AshlxighYhAshlxighYh Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, Since I cannot make my own discussion (never posted before even though I have had an EA account since like 2012), I want to add something to your bigger worlds request. Not only do I agree with this statement but I think it would be amazing if we had a beach world with a hot climate, like in IP (TS3). Not that I really mind whether it's large or small, I feel it would be awesome if it had a quant town vibe with a mooring area where Sims could live on boats again... Even if they can't 'move', I think it would be absolutely awesome. Imagine it, a little town centre with cafe's, bars, some stores and a park. Then a little beach with crystal blue waters and a boulevard. I think it would be fab! And Sims from other worlds could vacation there so it kinda serves 2 purposes.
    Whilst on the topic, hotels and horseriding would be sweet too!

If Sims developers can't do this, then they should make a basic create a world tool like TS3 :/
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Cupid wrote: »

They should have thought about this in the first place. What made them think we wanted tiny little hoods, they aren't really worlds.
  • 92explor92explor Posts: 5 New Member
    Bigger worlds!!! Period!!! I felt robbed when I purchased and opened some of the more recent expansions and saw the number of buildeble lots. Get famous was just the same, (although it has more than others). I appreciate being able to manipulate terrain and building heights and such, but we need more lots without having to wipe the existing buildings. I love this game; I've killed many an hour with it. I'd just like to have more lots per map.

And cars..... Definitely want cars!
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i find the worlds in sims 4 perfect as they are now if the world in sims 4 was to big would end up not using all the available space as a player
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    logion wrote: »

And the RMS Titanic will be making port in Boston Harbor next week under her own steam. The pattern in prior versions was followed we would have started to hear things by now. That said, I fully agree worlds should be bigger. And capable of us plopping down various sizes of blank lots wherever we wish. That will happen the same time the Lusitania arrives in New York.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    How sad that we have a Sims game where Windenburg is the big world it feels so small to me everything is so separated no real feel of neighborhoods. Del Sol Valley world size was a complete joke if they cant make worlds bigger than that its time they move on to Sims 5 and make a game which can handle the content people actually want.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    edited January 2019
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    How sad that we have a Sims game where Windenburg is the big world it feels so small to me everything is so separated no real feel of neighborhoods. Del Sol Valley world size was a complete joke if they cant make worlds bigger than that its time they move on to Sims 5 and make a game which can handle the content people actually want.

It wouldn't been so bad if we had the ability to create our own neighborhoods. If one did not like the world EA/Maxis provided, all one had to do was create their own or if not that good in creating worlds look at the works of others and there was some beautiful worlds made for I dl'ed alot of them. In this game you are stuck with what you get from EA/Maxis gives and you get more art than usuable lots. This like an wall that some will always hit even if you can build in other worlds and some rather expand what they have in one neighborhood or just make that neighborhood bigger or less of the art and more usuable real estate.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I agree that more content really should've been added into ts4 certainly by this time in its lifespan.

Bigger worlds may help, but all of the loading screens in ts4 breaks my immersion too much for me to enjoy the game.

Whether it's a few seconds or a half a minute of sitting there waiting for my sims to load into a new "world" or even the next door neighbor's house, I rarely have my sims go anywhere because it's just not worth the wait to spend a few unsatisfying minutes exploring that area's lacking content.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I still think the big mistake was removing the limit on the number of Sims you could have. A world with 30 lots is potentially room for 240 Sims (presuming you don't use mods to squeeze even more Sims into a household). They can't reinstate a cap on the number of Sims, since that would be disastrous for people with overpopulated games (Sims would either disappear or you'd have to delete some in order to add more kids).

I've noticed that lag in my game primarily occurs during the day, when there are random Sims wandering around the neighbourhood. You can only load one neighbourhood, but things are going on all the time with Sims in other worlds - they die of old age, visit your neighbourhood, and call and text the Sims you're playing incessantly. Sims who aren't even in a world appear in the game, and even the dead Sims don't die, but become ghosts. (I think this might also be the reason we aren't likely to get apartments in other worlds - again, that allows for even more Sims in the game, without adding extra lots.)
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2019
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

It wouldn't been so bad if we had the ability to create our own neighborhoods. If one did not like the world EA/Maxis provided, all one had to do was create their own or if not that good in creating worlds look at the works of others and there was some beautiful worlds made for I dl'ed alot of them. In this game you are stuck with what you get from EA/Maxis gives and you get more art than usuable lots. This like an wall that some will always hit even if you can build in other worlds and some rather expand what they have in one neighborhood or just make that neighborhood bigger or less of the art and more usuable real estate.

I would have at the very least hoped we could get some template world maps like we had in Sims 2 that could be linked to the main worlds to expand each of our worlds (like Blue water or down town add ons etc. It would have been better than nothing at all if you ask me, even if we couldn't make brand new maps of our own. I really liked the way the template maps worked and how user friendly they are in Sims 2.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    del sol valley has to be the BIGGEST disappointment since Magnolia Promenade.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I would have at the very least hoped we could get some template world maps like we had in Sims 2 that could be linked to the main worlds to expand each of our worlds (like Blue water or down town add ons etc. It would have been better than nothing at all if you ask me, even if we couldn't make brand new maps of our own. I really liked the way the template maps worked and how user friendly they are in Sims 2.
    I agree :)
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Del Small Valley is the worst...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

I agree.

World editing and other creative tools are just as important as gameplay.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Windenbrug is the best. I wish we'd get more worlds like it but I doubt it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I agree.

World editing and other creative tools are just as important as gameplay.

Agreed with both points, though performance issues tended to crop up in 3 (everything constantly and consistently needed to render the longer you played) which may be a factor as to why there are no larger worlds. At this rate, I'd simply like a few more empty lots or a template for when Newcrest is full, especially considering the amount of content one can accumulate. The Premades I'm kinda 'meh' about, I miss the ready made story lines they had in 2, so lately I've just created my own.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Captain_C wrote: »
    Sims 5's got you covered.

There is no Sims 5, no matter how much you insist upon it. Sims 4 could still be the last in the franchise.