Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I am done with this game

SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
So, I'm primarily a builder. I have played The Sims 4 for around three years. In all these years I have posted quite a lot of criticism. I was passionate about the game, and I wanted it to be better. But I can now say that The Sims team has succesfully made me lose my interest.

The last two months I have not been involved that much in this game, and honestly I didn't miss the game at all. I did force myself to build again a few times, but I just couldn't stand the restrictions. There are just so many obvious things in this game missing, it's too frustrating. The terrain tools are nice, but they don't feel like a part of the game to me, because they have been added so late. And we can't do any split leveling with them. But the terrain tools are not the problem, they just can't make up for all the other stuff that is missing in this game.

I find the gameplay boring and tedious. I don't find this game that pretty. The simulation lag makes the game unplayable to me. My Sims don't have any depth. The game isn't immersive, it doesn't have substance. Overall it isn't a solid experience to me. There are many details missing that make this game not as wholesome as it should be. Yeah it is kinda fun to play, but if they make us charge so much for it, "kinda fun" doesn't cut it for me. Well, not anymore.

I just can't see this game improving in the future. Too much time has gone by, too many lame excuses have been given, too many promises have been made. Some SimGuru's are just completely out of touch with what this game is about, and they are dismissive of our concerns as a customer. It's not about what kind of game the developers/EA want this game to be. It's about giving the player creativity to play the game whichever way they like.

Anyway, they lost a loyal customer. Maybe I wasn't positive all the time, but at least I bought the product. I hope The Sims 5 will blow us away. And if not, I'm really not gonna buy it.
Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
hPtVNfA.png
Post edited by SimmerNickYT on

Comments

• FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Sorry to hear you have this experience but at the same time, I do agree with your valid points!
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I am tired of waiting for the game to feel complete for me. I hardly use the terrain tools because they were added so late and not all of the lots look good with raised/lowered terrains. I want more space, I want more stairs, I want more options. I’ve bought each pack at full price on release day and really don’t want to think of how much money I’ve spent on this half baked game. And we still have stinky leaf piles :s
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,495 Member
    No use in wasting time playing something you're not enjoying. Life it far too short. Go seek another pastime that is more to your liking. Sorry to see you go.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    I agree. I’ve only ever played the sims 4, with the exception of creating a sim or two in sims 3, and even I feel like something is missing. That says a lot about the game. The graphics are not as great as people say they are - in other words, they’re extremely overrated for 2019. A lot of times I just get bored and create a new family. I usually make new sims very often, because the other ones have no depth and get boring. I created a couple on Friday, deleted all my other sims (restarted EVERYTHING) and only played them. I have to say, I haven’t gotten bored yet. I switched lifespans from my usual, made the seasons shorter, added holidays I wouldn’t usually add, started them off with a fair amount of money instead of the normal 20k, had them get married, and even let them have a baby (who’s now a toddler) so I could experience family gameplay which I usually have no patience for. Now, I’m planning for them to adopt 2 stray dogs, and breed them to raise puppies. (All of these things I wouldn’t normally do). Maybe you need to switch gameplay styles. That’s what’s kept me entertained, and I’ve played them for 6 hours now. Maybe your sims experience is coming to a close, as sad as that may be for you. I would say to either trying switching up your gameplay, or maybe just take a break from sims until sims 5. I don’t know anything for sure, but I’m picturing ts5 being EPIC just because of all the hate ts4 has brought. And - it’s EA - would they really miss another chance to make money? No, they wouldn’t. Hopefully this helped you :) Good luck and Happy Simming... If you decide to Sim again.
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    I agree. I’ve only ever played the sims 4, with the exception of creating a sim or two in sims 3, and even I feel like something is missing. That says a lot about the game. The graphics are not as great as people say they are - in other words, they’re extremely overrated for 2019. A lot of times I just get bored and create a new family. I usually make new sims very often, because the other ones have no depth and get boring. I created a couple on Friday, deleted all my other sims (restarted EVERYTHING) and only played them. I have to say, I haven’t gotten bored yet. I switched lifespans from my usual, made the seasons shorter, added holidays I wouldn’t usually add, started them off with a fair amount of money instead of the normal 20k, had them get married, and even let them have a baby (who’s now a toddler) so I could experience family gameplay which I usually have no patience for. Now, I’m planning for them to adopt 2 stray dogs, and breed them to raise puppies. (All of these things I wouldn’t normally do). Maybe you need to switch gameplay styles. That’s what’s kept me entertained, and I’ve played them for 6 hours now. Maybe your sims experience is coming to a close, as sad as that may be for you. I would say to either trying switching up your gameplay, or maybe just take a break from sims until sims 5. I don’t know anything for sure, but I’m picturing ts5 being EPIC just because of all the hate ts4 has brought. And - it’s EA - would they really miss another chance to make money? No, they wouldn’t. Hopefully this helped you :) Good luck and Happy Simming... If you decide to Sim again.

I have tried starting new gameplay many times, but idk. It just doesn't feel right. I think I'm just gonna wait for TS5. Maybe I'll play The Sims 3 base game again sometime.
    hPtVNfA.png
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited January 2019
    that's fine. Not all products are for everyone. Now you know not to waste money on this game anymore.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    No use in wasting time playing something you're not enjoying. Life it far too short. Go seek another pastime that is more to your liking. Sorry to see you go.

Don't get me wrong, I really did enjoy it, but there was always a side that was frustrated. But even then, life is indeed too short to do things you don't fully enjoy.
    hPtVNfA.png
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I am sorry to see you go, but I have to strongly agree with you. Personally I have felt like that many many times with this game. I am just surprised ever since I got Get Famous and Seasons both in December I am still am having a good time. But I feel my happy time playing with soon fade away again like it does all eventually .
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I am sorta feeling it too, although I have have found some fun moments with the game.
    I am still waiting for University, witches, and burglar NPCs. Get Famous was an interesting distraction, but I've stopped playing again and I am enjoying other games instead.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited January 2019

I have tried starting new gameplay many times, but idk. It just doesn't feel right. I think I'm just gonna wait for TS5. Maybe I'll play The Sims 3 base game again sometime.

I believe you are not alone, I haven't booted up Sims 4 in months until today being I am on vacation and trying to see if I can get an rise in the game. Yes, the features that most want are not there and playing with an gimped game can be frustrating at times if it is part of an series where it is expected that the new game will incorporate most of the older features with the newer features but that did not happen and that is where it stands today. I still play Sims 3 and Sims 2 so I can enjoy what Sims 4 is missing. I do not expect Sims 4 to hit an milestone which Imho has peaked as far features goes. I am glad that I play other games besides Sims 4. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    edited January 2019
    I'm tired of hearing so many people whine about a game nobody is forcing them to play! FFS, life is short, why play a game you don't like and really why complain about it so much? The game is what the game is, complaining about what it isn't is fine but these obnoxious "I'm done" posts are ridiculous already. Is the game perfect? Of course not. Are there times when I get bored with it? Yes there are. But you know what? I do not ever come on here and complain about it constantly! It's pretty normal to get bored of something, that doesn't make it less of a game. Now I know sooo many of you will come at me over this and you know what? I really don't care. You're not changing my opinion. If you really liked this game you'd find some way to enjoy it.

Mods will come after you. Everytime I post this I get a warning and banned.
    So much for being allowed to voice your opinion. If it's supportive, you get banned. If it's against the game, it's valid and welcome.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I agree @Lizzychicago I ;)

I dont know what it is about Sims 4 , that people feel the need to bash it so much. And I say that because I tried to get into Sims 3 and never did, but I also never went to the Sims 3 forum and announced that im "done" or went out of my way to speak negatively about it. I just stopped playing and got excited about sims again when they announced sims 4
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."

I dont know what it is about Sims 4 , that people feel the need to bash it so much. And I say that because I tried to get into Sims 3 and never did, but I also never went to the Sims 3 forum and announced that im "done" or went out of my way to speak negatively about it. I just stopped playing and got excited about sims again when they announced sims 4
    This. It's fine if people like Sims 3 but why come on Sims 4 forum and bash Sims 4? Why not post on S3 forum about how much you love that game?

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited January 2019
    I agree with @Goldmoldar. I don’t find it very tiresome to simply scroll past a topic I’m not interested in.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    I'm tired of hearing so many people whine about a game nobody is forcing them to play! FFS, life is short, why play a game you don't like and really why complain about it so much? The game is what the game is, complaining about what it isn't is fine but these obnoxious "I'm done" posts are ridiculous already. Is the game perfect? Of course not. Are there times when I get bored with it? Yes there are. But you know what? I do not ever come on here and complain about it constantly! It's pretty normal to get bored of something, that doesn't make it less of a game. Now I know sooo many of you will come at me over this and you know what? I really don't care. You're not changing my opinion. If you really liked this game you'd find some way to enjoy it.

So much for being allowed to voice your opinion. If it's supportive, you get banned. If it's against the game, it's valid and welcome.

That has always confused the heck out of me??? And seems counter-intuitive for a game company to censor supporters and encourage people attacking the product you sell. The only reason I can think of is a)maybe some mods are sims 3 fans or b) maybe the mods just work for EA and could care less for the sims at all?

But idk....just an observation! :)@Simpkin
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • LoveMyMeowLoveMyMeow Posts: 38 Member
    I understand how you feel, recently I have lost interest in playing the sims 4 and honestly I don't miss it either. I do have all the packs but the game still falls flat to me. I cut the game some slack in the beginning because I thought it would take a couple more years for it to fully flesh out its vision and feel complete. Now I feel like I'm giving up because patience is running low. I miss the depth of sims 2 so much and the detailed animations and wish I never uninstalled it. Oh well. I heard that My Time at Portia is more fun than Sims 4, it's also a life simulation but inspired by Harvest Moon. I look forward to playing it and hopefully it will replace Sims 4 for me.

That has always confused the heck out of me??? And seems counter-intuitive for a game company to censor supporters and encourage people attacking the product you sell. The only reason I can think of is a)maybe some mods are sims 3 fans or b) maybe the mods just work for EA and could care less for the sims at all?

But idk....just an observation! :)@Simpkin

So they're bascially scaring away the ones who are not happy with the game aswell as the ones who are.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I feel the same way too, OP. I really don't like some of the performance issues excuses that they are giving. I don't really miss the game so much too but I think that's also just because I've found some other fun things to do in my past time, and so the longer I don't play the game, the less inclined I am to play want to play it, if that makes sense? :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Olivesplum06Olivesplum06 Posts: 1,076 Member
    There are a LOT of things still missing from the game, endless amounts of bug and I totally get your frustrations. You, just like a lot of people on this forum want to like TS4 SO bad. And that’s where the frustration stems from. I come and go from this game often. I have all these ideas (some simple) that could make the game SO much better. Just feels like they keep going in weird directions with this game when we’ve been screaming for what we want in it for so long.

I recommend playing TS2 or TS3 and maybe try again in a few months and see if anything has changed for the better.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Ok sounds good.
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Hmmm, if you are sick and tired avoid the post then as all is entitled to voice thier opinion. Nobody and especially me do not care if you change your opinon or not. However you add fuel to the fire by coming in and complaining ang about complainers. Enjoy your game if you do and voices of discontent will continue. Again, if you do not want to read something you do not like, do not read as we all have choices don't we.

I do normally keep quiet but sometimes I just can't and this was one of those times. Also, just like you, I do have freedom of speech.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!

Yeah that's happened to me before. I don't mind though. It's here, it's been here for a while. People have seen it.

Exactly. I mean everyone gets bored with a game they play nearly every day and now that packs are fewer and farther between, it's easy to get bored now...but to constantly come on here and complain about it over and over again? lol
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top