Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Resource VIP?

Is the sims resource VIP worth it?

Is it safe?

Comments

• Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Safe...yes, mostly. Historically they have had some less-then-scrupulous advertisers, but the site itself has always been safe as long as you used some kind of adblocker or the like. Honestly I haven't really used the site in years (not since TS2 era), so for all I know they have even done a better job of curating advertisers.

Worth it...I'd say not really. There's plenty of CC available without paying TSR. Honestly, if you want to spend some money on CC, I think it'd be better to find some creators you like who accept donations and send it their way. Just mho, but the creators deserve the money...not some hosting site (one with a rather checkered past, I might add).
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    When I was playing Sims 2, I paid & someone started making small (~$16) monthly charges on my card. Took me awhile to notice since it was so small. I can’t be sure but it started around the time I got TSR VIP so I think that TSR was probably hacked or something & that’s how they got my credit card info. I still download stuff from TSR all the time, but I only use the free version. I will never trust them with my financial info again.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    shanls96shanls96 Posts: 321 Member
    wow okay thank you for the responses guys I’m quite glad I posted here beforehand.

I can deal with the ads if it keeps my bank information safe, absolutely.
  • Options
    SpyderArachnidSpyderArachnid Posts: 13 New Member
    Never had an issue with being a VIP on TSR, and I've been one for almost eight years now.

Makes downloading mods much faster and easier, with a nicer UI with auto drop menus for quick download access instead of opening everything in separate windows. No waiting to download either and no ads.

Only a few bucks a month, and if you feel unsure about it, just cancel any time and you still keep your paid month. This way you can just get VIP for a month, cancel, and go on a download binge. Then whenever you feel like doing it again, do it for a month and cancel. Helps support the site and makes it much easier to download from it when you want to see all it has to offer.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    Never spent a dime on TSR since majority of content put out is garbage other than the star players so to speak of their website that make decent content.

Waaaayyy too many ads and invasive ones, but I fixed that with an adblocker. Though you'll be forced to wait 60 seconds for a download if you use a adblocker basically being punished, unless you use the TSR blocker where you'll just skip it all together. :*

Personally I feel like you can find far better content elsewhere. I tend to get a lot of mine from Tumblr. Think the only time I ever go to TSR is for Madlen shoes time to time.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Not worth it. Sure, there’s a lot of CC consolidated in one place, but it’s quantity over quality. You can find everything you need elsewhere.
  • Options
    RipleyrawrRipleyrawr Posts: 273 Member
    Don't waste your money on TSR, paying them to keep your computer safe from their malware-infested ads is not worth it.
    iBVfjxN.gif
    Breadquanda is my spirit animal.
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I've never had a problem with TSR VIP. The site looks so much different without ads and downloads are easier therefore it's worth it to me.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.