Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maxis Faves Requirements Question/Clarification - Item Resizing

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
I was just reading an old forum post and wanted to confirm something. The person said that if there are 'resized objects' that the build/lot/room will not be chosen for Maxis Faves. Is this still the case? I do resize some items - trees sometimes, rugs, decorative plants, paintings, etc. - basically 'decoration' items and decoration plants and never an item that the sim interacts with and I always make sure that there is no interference caused by the item with the correct placement of the room/lot/home.

Addendum... Never mind... I think I just got my question answered, as my room just got a Maxis Fave and it did include the enlargements of some rugs & decorative flowers... so I'm guessing perhaps it depends on what you are enlarging, and maybe if it is an item the sims interact with (which would cause issues in gameplay)? Anyway, that is a huge relief for me! (And I am very thankful and happy, of course! :) )
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
Post edited by SheriGR on

Comments

• gemchiaragemchiara Posts: 97 Member
    > @SheriGR said:
    > I was just reading an old forum post and wanted to confirm something. The person said that if there are 'resized objects' that the build/lot/room will not be chosen for Maxis Faves. Is this still the case? I do resize some items - trees sometimes, rugs, decorative plants, paintings, etc. - basically 'decoration' items and decoration plants and never an item that the sim interacts with and I always make sure that there is no interference caused by the item with the correct placement of the room/lot/home.
    >
    > Addendum... Never mind... I think I just got my question answered, as my room just got a Maxis Fave and it did include the enlargements of some rugs & decorative flowers... so I'm guessing perhaps it depends on what you are enlarging, and maybe if it is an item the sims interact with (which would cause issues in gameplay)? Anyway, that is a huge relief for me! (And I am very thankful and happy, of course! :) )

Congratulations on the Maxis Fave! Would you have any other tricks for it? I've been building and uploading since I started playing the Sims 4 and don't get much interaction just because I don't have many followers. Obviously a maxis fave would help people see my creations but i have nowhere to start!
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    @gemchiara Thank you. I'm glad you're having fun! If you enjoy building and want to expand your exposure and skills, you can try building challenges (here are many on the forums) and challenge yourself to build things that increase your skills. There are also oodles of video tutorials out there. This thread has a lot of good info: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/955438/how-do-we-choose-our-maxis-faves-curation-guide/
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8