Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim Won't Go To Gigs

Comments

• jgs2390jgs2390 Posts: 1 New Member
    It's happening to me too. My actress will not go the gigs and there's no option to, but she will go to auditions. Please fix it!
  • neshacrews2neshacrews2 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey y'all for those who are recently having this problem, someone shared the workaround with me on another post.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/8935834#M127444

People are saying it works! But that's if you're willing to quarantine your sim on the same lot for two days straight after they pass their audition lol.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Hey y'all for those who are recently having this problem, someone shared the workaround with me on another post.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/8935834#M127444

People are saying it works! But that's if you're willing to quarantine your sim on the same lot for two days straight after they pass their audition lol.

The workaround did work for me, but it sucks!
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, just took out all my mods and tested this and this is a problem in my game too. That workaround is...really 🐸🐸🐸🐸, so I hope this is fixed soon.

SUCH a bummer, since I was excited they'd finally fixed the old acting career bug so I could play it again, only to be replaced by another bug that's EVEN WORSE!!
  • EloiseMary007EloiseMary007 Posts: 1 New Member
    This just started happening to one of my sims too. It was working smoothly till today. I have cancelled 2 gigs and swapped talent agency but it still isn't working. So frustrating :( I wonder if the new update had something to do with it as there seems to be a few new messages on this thread.
  • AdmiralAskaAdmiralAska Posts: 1 New Member
    So, since yesterday 5 PM (GMT) this bug is happening.
    Extremely annoying given, Origin just got a 2.90something GB Sims update 2 days ago.
    I only have one sim, who only ever been an actress/musician.
    I tried going on a 3 day holiday, hoping when she gets back the bug will be gone. It wasn't.

Around 23:00 I gave up playing with her and decided to play with a different household.

OFF TOPIC FROM HERE ONWARDS but I feel the need to mention ithere as this is a hot thread: so in this other household the lightning struck down a lot of things and after googling for a few minutes it turns out there hasn't been a lighning rod in Sims since Sims 2. What's up with that?

p.s: I have a the whole Sims collection and nowhere in the game can I hire a gardener or order a pizza. The sim orders the pizza, pays for it but the pizza never shows. This bug has been on since the second time I turned on the game on my PC, which was about 2 years ago.

So I agree with the people above: we paid good money to enjoy this product and we can't really :(
  • evspnsevspns Posts: 1 New Member
    it's happening to me too. since i last updated the game!! my sim has passed 4 auditions now and each time the gig comes around, nothing happens!
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Maxis, this is not working. You caused the bug where the actor gigs are not completing in december, did not attempt to solve it until April, and when you did, you caused another bug where we now can't even play the career without forcing us to follow some workaround.

Why should I even update my game anymore? Why should I even play it? And why should I spend money on your packs? You are giving me very little reason.

• Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Got the same problem. My actor sim can go to auditions as normal, but when it's the day of the gig, she doesn't get the 1 hour notification and nothing is happening after that. The gig also doesn't delete itself from the list, it just stays there indefinitely.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • jezicannejezicanne Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone! I have this problem too that my sim won‘t go to her gigs. audition, yes. I can‘t figure out what the problem is. I guess this ad on is just not working???
  • AmeliajcAmeliajc Posts: 1 New Member
    It’s happening to me too
  • Sketch793Sketch793 Posts: 1,218 Member
    This is a known bug, as mentioned by @neshacrews2 . Please go to EA Answers HQ and press the Me Too button if it's happening to you. The current workaround is to make your Sims stay home between the audition and the gig. I know that's frustrating because I'm doing it too. It's even worse for my Sim because she doesn't do auditions, so she has to stay home from the moment she gets the gig.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-GF-Acting-Career-Sim-not-getting-gig-pop-up/m-p/8930411#M127294
  • Lauren_29Lauren_29 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having the exact same problem. I bought the expansion pack about 2 days ago, and have been able to go to a total of 2 gigs by the off chance, every other one has not allowed me to go. I've repaired the game, I've exited and come back in, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, hell, I've even factory reset the game. Hasn't changed a thing.
  • Addison10506Addison10506 Posts: 2 New Member
    I think I found a solution
  • Addison10506Addison10506 Posts: 2 New Member
    If you have ever had your sim prepare for their audition (practicing charisma or romantic interactions or whatever) and you reset your sim while they are doing it, your sim will automatically be given a higher percentage (from 25 to 75 for example) but by doing so I think it messes up the system and when I do that the gig is automatically glitched out. So maybe you could try making sure you are not doing that? Idk just trying to be helpful
  • lydzlelydzle Posts: 1 New Member
    This is happening to me too it is VERY frustrating I haven’t been able to go to one gig yet. I also spent the money stuck in quarantine only for it to not work 🤦🏼‍♀️. I have tried everything, it really should just be working.
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I am having this problem right from the start. apparently you are not supposed to travel between audition and gig....
  • jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Can’t believe get famous is an old pack this kind of game breaking bug is still not fixed despite the monthly update ....
  • AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    edited April 2020
    I really didn't want to switch agencies. He's a rising star and his agency has been good for him. But if that's the only "fix" I guess I'll try it. :-(

What sucks is my guy had his audition on Sunday morning, then went to the awards ceremony Sunday night - where he won 2 awards, yay! But since the only "fix" is to lock them at home, I'll have to make sure he calls for gigs on Thursdays now so he goes to the audition on Friday and works on Saturday. Blech! :neutral:
  • AeronwyDiobhellAeronwyDiobhell Posts: 30 Member
    If you have ever had your sim prepare for their audition (practicing charisma or romantic interactions or whatever) and you reset your sim while they are doing it, your sim will automatically be given a higher percentage (from 25 to 75 for example) but by doing so I think it messes up the system and when I do that the gig is automatically glitched out. So maybe you could try making sure you are not doing that? Idk just trying to be helpful

I can confidently say that I have NEVER done this, so that isn't the cause of the issue. <shrug>
  • MikathebluekittyMikathebluekitty Posts: 1 New Member
    I have some problem, I hope the EA will fix this bug...:( :( :(
  • paige_penapaige_pena Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having this problem, too! I started a fresh new game as Marilyn Monroe and I was super excited. She went to one acting gig and then wouldn't go to any others. No notifications, nothing. She'd pass her auditions easily, though. I tried switching agencies but it didn't make a difference. I'll try the workaround but I hope it gets fixed so she can actually go out and live her life (i.e. perform for tips haha).
  • sassyness_612sassyness_612 Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having this problem as well, before the update i was able to go to gigs with my sim. She goes to the audition and passes but i cannot go to gigs and i don't get any type of notification before or the day of. I've tried canceling the gig but maybe i'll try to switch agencies but this ridiculous that I have to do all of this :'(
  • elisabearrelisabearr Posts: 1 New Member
    Having the same issues! I go to the audition, get approved but when it's time for the gig my sim doesn't go at all and there's no one hour notifs!
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    I recently had this problem. I could go to auditions but not the actual gig. Got tired of it and joined another career. So strange tho...
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top