Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nov. 13th Patch - Feedback

The Nov. 13th patch added great features such as:

- The "Positivity Challenge"
- The "First Person Camera" option
- and the gallery default view set back to "newest".
All bug fixes are also welcome!

I see just one issue with this patch:

In order to activate the "Positivity Challenge" you have to change the sim's aspiration to the challenge aspiration. The problem happens when you want to change that sim's aspiration back to the original one. (I suppose players will have to do it when the challenge time is over as it happens if the player wants to quit the challenge)

The problem is, the game doesn't "remember" what exactly the original aspiration was. The player has to memorize his sim's aspiration in order to change it back correctly. It is not a big issue if the player plays with just one household or any small number of sims. But it becomes a serious issue when the player has many households because some aspirations have many variants, for instance:

The Knowledge. Variations can be: (Master Vampire, Renaissance Sim, Archaeology Scholar, Computer Whiz, or Nerd Brain)
The Family. Variations can be: (Super Parent, Successful Lineage, Big Happy Family, or Vampire Family)

It will be hard for a player with many sims to remember accurately all his sims aspirations with their correct variation.
It would be a great help if the game would retain the correct original aspiration set for each sim, so when the player changes his sim's aspiration back to let's say "Knowledge" it would automatically display the correct variation, let's say "Renaissance Sim".
Or better yet, when the challenge time is over the correct aspiration and variation is restored without the player intervention.

Comments

• x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Thanks for the heads-up. I got the notification, but I haven't tried it yet.. I'm planning to get my Vampire teen Sims to try this aspiration as she will live longer.. I'm not planning to let all my Sims to have this aspiration..
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Played challenge this with multiple households, it is not that hard to remember the original aspiration of a sim. But then, I always do multiple aspirations all at once with each sim I play.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I jump between aspirations with my Sims all the time while I am completing them, have done so for years. Would have never thought this was an issue for some players. Interesting ...
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • itsbritneybeech1_itsbritneybeech1_ Posts: 15 New Member
    I don't know if i'm the only one experiencing this but after the update my children in my family keep coming home at 11? Can anyone give me an opinion on this or some help please :)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'm only having one sim complete the challenge because of the reward trait earned, Kindness Ambassador.

Kindness Ambassadors have stronger friendships and fewer negative emotions.

• Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member
    Maybe I'm the only one playing with more than 170 sims...
    The challenge only lasts for 20 days. Are you going to be able to have over 170 sims complete it by then? :o
  • Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    14-11-2018-17-04-11.png
    it is work! It is wok! Yeah!
    Thanks SimGurus!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    You could just write it down or something, I guess.
    I don't think this is an issue for the majority of people.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited November 2018
    The challenge only lasts for 20 days. Are you going to be able to have over 170 sims complete it by then? :o

I wish that the challenge could last longer... Or, it will be great to have it once every month to spread positivity in the Sims worlds.. :D
    OID:- x4m1r4
    I think we'll be seeing more challenges connected to aspirations and reward traits since they went to the trouble of adding a new challenge category to aspirations.

qDcGVwG.png
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    My husband plays Destiny 2. I like how they have "seasonal" challenges. Each "season" (three months long, 4 times a year), has different goals and challenges. It would be fun to see if we could have something similar (like say the "Day of the Dead" challenge in November, "Egg Hunt" around March, April, or "Planter Challenge" around May). Just throwing out ideas for different months.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited November 2018
    Patch feedback:
    So far, I’ve noticed a few missed opportunities for “good deeds”:
    Clean up / put away books
    Watch and tip a performance
    Help someone fix bad relationship
    Give food from inventory

And after 2 game-days and tier-3 sims,, the only opportunities I have are still brighten day and tell funny story

On top of that, I’ve had to force quit then repair the game twice since the update.. I’m now trying to get into the habit of quick saving every few minutes.

Mac
    currently no mods, cc
    Post edited by SimmySimian on
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    I just save a screenshot of my sim's current aspiration with their name in the title of the screenie pic when I name it. Then all I have to do is delete it from my desktop when I'm done on that sim. I do that with a lot of little things of that nature, and it helps. Though I do agree some in-game designation would be of great help.
  • PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I don't know if i'm the only one experiencing this but after the update my children in my family keep coming home at 11? Can anyone give me an opinion on this or some help please :)
    It could be a bug I discovered where if you have Parenthood and you pack a Sack Lunch for your sim, your sim will return home early at around the time they'd normally eat the lunch. If you encounter this please click on "Me Too" in this thread.
  • ScarletSimEaterScarletSimEater Posts: 126 Member
    I tend to cycle aspirations pretty freely. But if you want to focus on one at a time, it's pretty easy to look through the aspirations available and see which ones you've made progress on. If you haven't made any progress on any of them and can't remember what you started out as, changing probably won't mean anything.

Personally, I'm on hiatus thanks to the santa baby bug. Hoping it gets patched while there's still plenty of positivity challenge time.
  • Leo2009SSALeo2009SSA Posts: 150 Member

I don't intend to have them all completing this challenge. I intend to do it with about five sims in different households. But I don't remember details of their original aspirations. I guess I will write them down before starting the challenge.
  • LunyKimberlyLunyKimberly Posts: 72 Member
    I realize this will only apply to a certain set of players, but is anyone else having the problem since the patch that if a sim has more than 48 traits (cas, rewards & buyable) their traits section of the Simbology panel isn't collapsible and goes past the top of the screen? Blocking the buttons up there (build/buy, manage world, options, etc.) in the process?
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'd honestly like the wobble on the first person camera to be reduced.
  • dirty_milosdirty_milos Posts: 210 Member
    Great patch, especially for the gallery default view set back to "newest". I uploaded a new Sim, and had 16 downloads in 5 minutes, instead of zero downloads.

I have noticed one problem, the new Simology panel, I wish they bring back the smaller panel with scrolling, because I play with Sims who have many traits, and in my screen resolution of 1366x768, I can't see the top of the panel.
  • TexasBears69TexasBears69 Posts: 25 Member
    Great patch! So far I have not run into any problems. I have noticed my garden is mega-producing along with frequent weeds now. Also, the frogs in ponds are back! Love it!
  • LunyKimberlyLunyKimberly Posts: 72 Member
    @dirty_milos Don't feel bad, my display's set at 1920x1080 and there's a couple of my sims that I can't see the top of the panel. Unless I minimize the panel *before* they get too many traits and then don't touch it after they gain the others, the panel fills the *entire* height of the screen and I've got to move to another tab (needs, clubs, etc) to even be able to go into build/buy mode.
  • nightveil1968nightveil1968 Posts: 2 New Member
    The issue I've run in to since the patch is that if I tell a Sim to "clean up" used plates etc. the Sim will pick up the plate(s), stand around for a few real-time seconds and then put the plate(s) back down again. I have to issue the "clean up" command on the same sim two or three times before the task is actually completed. Dishwasher works fine. Sink is right next to the dishwasher and this wasn't an issue prior to the patch.

I removed all of my mods prior to the patch.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    edited November 2018
    Have just read on Sims VIP that there is a bug that causes sims to age when you go into CAS via mirror or dresser. Don't know if it happens if you go to CAS via manage worlds or initial game start. Not just your sim, but all the others in the household, and some are reporting their whole town does. Does not matter what aging setting you have or whether you have mods/CC or not. The good news is that the devs are aware of it and working on the problem.
  • PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I realize this will only apply to a certain set of players, but is anyone else having the problem since the patch that if a sim has more than 48 traits (cas, rewards & buyable) their traits section of the Simbology panel isn't collapsible and goes past the top of the screen? Blocking the buttons up there (build/buy, manage world, options, etc.) in the process?

That is fixed with Get Famous, had the same problem. In get famous it now has a scroll bar, which needs to patched into base game.