Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Versace's Finest-Cycle 2 Modeling Comp for Sims 3/4-R8 Scores and Comments Posted

MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
X8pdmrQ.png

Description:

Welcome to Versace Finest Sims Modeling Competition Cycle 2.
This comp is open to Sims 3 and 4 Adult/YA Female models.

Versace is a well known fashion designer and this modeling comp will be based off of the Fall 2018 Versace Fashion trend.

Rounds/Assignments:

*Each round will show an example of RL fashion design that are Versace original and are only to be used as inspirational idea's for what is required of your model.
*Each assignment must meet the requirements of what is asked for in each round.
*Rounds/assignments will be posted 3 days after each round is complete to give judges time to review, submit their decision and for posting scores.
*Rounds will be posted for 7 days. At the end of the 7th day if you have not turned in your entry it will be considered an automatic withdrawal, unless you contact one or all of the judges via pm or posting on the thread you will be late. Extensions will be permitted with a 24 hour notice either by asking for one in the thread or via pm.
*There will be a total of 7 rounds. With an 8th round to determine the winner and 1st place. Elimination rounds will begin dependent on participants, which could mean if there are a lot of models, eliminations could begin with round 1.

Scoring:

Creativity: /10
Pose/Style: /10
Quality: /10
Edit/in game detail: /10
Overall appearance: /10
Total for each round = 50 pts.

Special notes on judging:

CREATIVITY: Judges look at the amount of detail in the actual shot entered for each Assignment. The props (objects, etc.) & background used to “show-off” your model. It is good to be as cohesive as you can with the overall idea/theme you choose you do for your shots. (Make sure you pics are easy for the Judges to understand your creative vision for the shot). You are allowed to submit short descriptions, explanations, and/or intros to each shot you submit to help us to understand what you were aiming to achieve in your picture.

POSE/STYLE:
You will always want to be sure your model’s look/style is different from the previous Round or application shot. The attire of your Model scores in the Pose & Styling category. Also please be sure that the actual pose ties in with the Assignment’s requirements or the overall theme/idea/creative vision you are aiming for in your pics. It is not required to use pose player…some shots can achieve the necessary pose in-game with creativity. We do not deduct points if pose player is not used. You are scored according to how well the pose ties into your shot.

QUALITY:
Judges look at the amount of cleanness/clarity (are shots fuzzy/blurred in areas), focus, lighting, and the amount of detail of the actual model that is showcased in your pics. Please remember that we do not deduct points for shots which are purposely blurred; however, it is best to explain this briefly with your entries to insure points are not deducted unnecessarily.

EDITING/IN-GAME DETAIL: Judges will pay attention to the amount of effort & detail that the models put into either editing their shots (if you are photo editing) or in the actual use of the game to stage your model's shot (if not editing). This competition is designed for either and now each contestant will receive scores based upon how they choose to enter their shots.

OVERALL APPEARANCE:
All shots submitted are scored according to how well each Judge feels the total package views. This is entirely independent for each Judge & views may or may not be the same. Also you can have points deducted in other categories but still score high in this category if a Judge still feels the pic is presented well.

**Note: Judges are not required to leave a comment with their scores.**

Rules:

-Once your photo has been submitted you are not permitted to remove and replace, UNLESS a judge grants the option to change anything to your entry.
-Detail is important for this competition. Your entry for each round must represent the entire assignment instructions.
-No arguing with the judges or other competitors. If you have a question/concern about your scores, PLEASE contact that judge via pm.
-CC can be used but is not a requirement.
-Edited background and in game shots are permitted.
-And lastly, HAVE FUN!

Judges:

sllPAPj.png3FTCIIh.png
AK1vuzC.pngeJYeL0M.png
Post edited by Mamajanaynay on

Comments

• MamajanaynayMamajanaynay Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited November 2018
    Models Entry:

-Your models names and your (creator) name
    -Submit your model on a transparent background. One full body and one head shot.
    -Models must be fully dressed in casual or formal.
    -This is a non-elimination round, sign ups will close in 14 days and when there are at least 3 more judges.

Judges Entry:
    -Your Avatar and your judges name
    -Submit your judges avatar on a transparent background. 1/2 body shot.
    -Your avatar should be in dressy casual

edited February 2019
    Models
    iyCrucQ.png
    11CJqzI.png
    khf0ETX.png
    XKVal46.png
    fwetbs4.png
    IcRYjBP.png
    edited February 2019
    Assignments
    6cd5RzD.png
    Examples:
    ilJHlVu.jpgJVqTzzA.jpg

https://www.wix.com/blog/2018/07/model-portfolio-examples/
    https://www.wix.com/blog/2017/08/how-to-create-a-drop-dead-gorgeous-modeling-portfolio/
    Additional Information:
    There will be no extensions issued for this round
    Please DO NOT make an actual website
    Your mock website or portfolio book must look professional

siKE5OT.png
    This is a DOUBLE ELIMINATION ROUND
    This assignment is due on FEBRUARY 6, 2018 @ MIDNIGHT (US Eastern time)
    FFaeed6.png
    **Note: I do realize that this kind of clothing could be a little difficult to find. Marigold does have fringe skirts. I will not limit the fringe to just clothing but will allow it to be on shoes (boots) or accessories. **
    This round is due on January 29, 2018
    This is not an elimination round
    G4yftSV.png
    This is an elimination round
    Date Due: Midnight of January 15, 2019
    **Note: in the description it says that your model must be presented in a mixture of plaid, denim and leather, it can be an outfit that has all the patterns in it together (like the models) or in can be a top and bottom (pants, skirt, leggings) and socks/tights as long as those patterns (plaid, denim and leather) are all shown on your models body. **
    Vh9PjvY.png
    This is an Elimination Round
    iRJ9b5h.png
    This is a Double Elimination Round
    CLOSED

oUAtHKF.png
    This is a non-elimination round
    CLOSED

4Q3SBg6.png
    NON-ELIMINATION ROUND

edited February 2019
    edited February 2019
    Round Entries
    Round 8 - Finale
    Britta Collazo (Jendowoz0612)
    W609VLR.jpg
    Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    j9BaRxC.png
    Odelia Strom (jilliebee22)
    tljK9lJ.png
    Round 7 - Leather
    Jasmine McHenry (MyFavoritedesign)
    6pmZ5Hy.jpg
    Z9IHpd3.jpg
    Donna Daines (jaunty)
    ERutnro.png
    KMshbiJ.png
    Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    0BCA9cC.png

Round 6 Fringe Is In
    hJ70Qyu.jpg
    IHUQ3g7.jpg
    Donna Daines (jaunty)
    MTBVHyg.png
    Eqcqo75.png
    Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    Il3uGZa.png
    Round 5 Plaidenther (Plaid, denim & leather)
    IduABQM.jpg
    Rylee Cole (Texastwangtonya)
    jQRjNFy.png
    **Note to judges: Tonya pointed out she forgot to add in a shadow**
    1e7O9dd.jpg
    Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    PkZC7Ro.png
    Odeila Strom (jilliebee22)
    9wizwyY.png
    Donna Daines (jaunty)
    ktEuNWc.png
    *Note for judges: denim jacket is cc*

Round 4 Plaid & Co.
    rSaK1tt.png
    sT86Rob.jpg
    2B4dLDa.jpg
    Gmozufs.jpg
    Donna Daines (jaunty)
    mIviT7q.png
    Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    siw9u6G.jpg
    Round 3 - Autumn Brown
    Donna Daines (jaunty)
    nlJ4l0s.png

Bm2WpKa.jpg

Gdgr4bO.jpg

Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    DRqnWDM.png

D4QaSCU.png

Alexis Carter (aussiekarima)
    YVIVfgN.png

TUZ29Qg.png
    Round 2 - Boldly Go
    cJRouZK.png

2xUstfS.jpg

Sx4FA5v.jpg

Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    Jv85QLW.png

Neinke Meijer (klept0maniac94)
    UwiatSt.png

f2oc0P0.jpg

d3XYaPI.png

Donna Daines (jaunty)
    x1W3KoC.png

Round 1-Sleek and Classy Black
    See larger image (for judges)
    EGLT4pC.jpg

Michelle Lanier (TheOtherHannah)
    nCUoA0e.png

Neinke Meijer (Klept0maniac94)
    YqgMlyx.png

decrzWC.jpg

Lyra Fanning (xJojox)
    ULfAWV0.png

zzfBeKV.png

JUB6VSB.png

Donna Daines (jaunty)
    4r29qao.png

5rBnaw2.png
  • Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    I am in, @Mamajanaynay, really enjoyed the last cycle.

I am in, @Mamajanaynay, really enjoyed the last cycle.

Great @Jendowoz0612 will you be a model or judge?
    Model, please @Mamajanaynay. I have run so many comps it will be nice to compete for a bit.

• TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    Hey Darling !!!! I Would Love To Be In The Comp! So Reserving! LOLZZZZ @Mamajanaynay <3<3
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    Glad to see you back!

I advertised your comp on Discord and it seems some don't want to come over to the forums, so I'm asking for them if you plan on hosting on Discord or Twitter as well. xD
  • MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    I am in, @Mamajanaynay, <3<3<3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    hmmmm very interesting comp. I'm tempted to enter it but not sure if I would be any good at this one. I will think about it :)
    m0oUDbi.jpg
    Glad to see you back!

I advertised your comp on Discord and it seems some don't want to come over to the forums, so I'm asking for them if you plan on hosting on Discord or Twitter as well. xD

Hey Mizzie! (@MizoreYukii) I'm glad to finally be able to get back to this! As for the comp, I feel like a complete noob but not sure what this Discord site is?? and no I won't be hosting on Twitter. I got rid of my Twitter account a long time ago and have no desire to start one back up. It's just too much to keep up with atm.

@MyFavoritedesign @TEXASTWANGTONYA @Jendowoz0612 Yay! Glad to have you ladies aboard!! Can't wait to see your gorgeous models again.
    @jaunty Don't let the name discourage you. There isn't much "Versace" brand cc clothing out there and some don't like to use cc, which is perfectly ok! The rounds or assignments aren't that hard and you will for the most part have a choice of either a solid color background or scene and they (scene) can be in game ones.

If you would like to take a look at what the first cycle was like, you can go here. In this cycle, there won't be any male models, just female. ;)
  • jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    I am in 1 comp at the moment called Fashion Plate hosted by the lovely @TEXASTWANGTONYA. I did used to do quite a few sims 3 comps. I have only recently come back on the sims 4 forums after being away for over 3 years. Did a couple of early comps when the sims 4 was first released, but realised that I missed being in a comp :). I did have a look at your first cycle and thought it was going to be the same using a female and male sim and thought I can't create male sims I make them too feminine looking lol. I will def think about it I promise because it does sound exciting. And hopefully my job will calm down and I don't have to cover other carers clients as much as I have been doing. I work 6 days a week but have been doing a lot more :smile:
    m0oUDbi.jpg
    jaunty wrote: »
    I am in 1 comp at the moment called Fashion Plate hosted by the lovely @TEXASTWANGTONYA. I did used to do quite a few sims 3 comps. I have only recently come back on the sims 4 forums after being away for over 3 years. Did a couple of early comps when the sims 4 was first released, but realised that I missed being in a comp :). I did have a look at your first cycle and thought it was going to be the same using a female and male sim and thought I can't create male sims I make them too feminine looking lol. I will def think about it I promise because it does sound exciting. And hopefully my job will calm down and I don't have to cover other carers clients as much as I have been doing. I work 6 days a week but have been doing a lot more :smile:

Completely understand with RL and work. Mine has calmed down for the most part, but for how long remains to be seen. LOL. When I decided to do a second cycle for Versace I remember many wanted to participate but it was the whole male model concept that stopped them. I can do male sims, but it's a hit and miss type thing where they actually look decent. So I decided that this cycle would be just female but they don't have to be YA, they can be Adult as well (if there really is any difference! Hahaha). Hope you can join us!
  • TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @jaunty -- I Think You Would REALLY "Rock" At This..... Your Doing SO GREAT In Fashion Plate.... If You Have Time.... HUGZZZ Lady! @jaunty :*:*<3<3<3 Excited To See You Back @Mamajanaynay <3<3<3 Excited For The Comp Too Sweets <3<3<3
    @Mamajanaynay are we to do two models a male and female again or just a male or female?

@Mamajanaynay are we to do two models a male and female again or just a male or female?

Females only for this cycle @Jendowoz0612 :)
    edited October 2018
    Okay, thank you, @Mamajanaynay. Love your new avatar by the way. <3
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

Thank you @Jendowoz0612 :*
    edited October 2018
    Application model: Britta Collazo
    Creator: Jendowoz

gbUefHA.png

9z322ir.png
    Post edited by Jendowoz0612 on

• VanadisVanadis Posts: 2,305 Member
    It's great to see you back, Mama! How've you been?

I'm taking two classes this month (my school crams a semester of a class into a month and I'm taking two @_@) and I'm also taking a 30 day personal development class and am in Tonya's comp.

So I can't join.

But I could probably judge if you don't get many takers on that! Let me know! I've gotten so good at critiques for art school over the years that I can bang out comments in about an hour depending on how many contestants there are. Sometimes I can only do it like the day after but I like to think I'm good at keeping in touch?
    She says that love is for fools that fall behind
    I'm somewhere between
    I never really know a killer from a savior
    Vanadis wrote: »
    It's great to see you back, Mama! How've you been?

I'm taking two classes this month (my school crams a semester of a class into a month and I'm taking two @_@) and I'm also taking a 30 day personal development class and am in Tonya's comp.

So I can't join.

But I could probably judge if you don't get many takers on that! Let me know! I've gotten so good at critiques for art school over the years that I can bang out comments in about an hour depending on how many contestants there are. Sometimes I can only do it like the day after but I like to think I'm good at keeping in touch?

Hey Vana! I'm doing pretty good! Thanks for asking. I'm glad I can finally find some extra time to get back into this and get this cycle up and running!

Good luck on your class schedule! I'm sure you will be handle both of them and come out top of your class.

I will definitely keep you in mind for being a judge!