Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build save for gallery IDs Seasons EP but I have none of its content in the build

SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
I did a starter build and someone requested it (close as possible) in a base-game version> have removed/replaced the non-basegame items, but it still IDs the Seasons EP as a pack needed for the build. I have scoured the build and cannot find anything that's from Seasons EP. Is there any type of software that will ID which item is not base-game? Also, no one is aware of the software saying something is from Seasons EP when it's not, right? Or of something like an item that is mislabeled in the builder (doesn't say it's from Seasons EP but it is)? This is driving me nuts! ...Well, nuttier! :#
Sims 4 Gallery
EA ID: SheriGR
TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
"What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Have you checked foundations, fences, trees and other build (not buy) items? Those will give your build the tag that they use the pack, but won't show if you click the display items used from this pack button.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Have you checked foundations, fences, trees and other build (not buy) items? Those will give your build the tag that they use the pack, but won't show if you click the display items used from this pack button.

@MDianaSanders I checked every single build item and decoration that would ID itself. I even replaced the stairs and rails since it wouldn't ID the specific name of the stairs. I had an outdoor brick from a pack, but I replaced that. Foundation too.

Update... I did realize the a few of the yard plants (the ones you grow, not build/decorations that I brought in) were from Seasons EP... So I thought that removing them was it... but it still shows Seasons EP content in a gallery upload. Cleared out cache and still there. So... I am trying a rebuild by room/content troubleshoot on a new lot. So far I am nearly done and I will update you as to whether this works. Maybe it was a glitch where some plant content code info just got stuck or something. We'll see...
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Tip: If you click on the pack icon in the gallery item, the pack's description popup will appear and there's a "Show used items" button that displays the offending items. :)

uc?id=15dmtDd0BIyflq0T8aujuEE0Vu0GuTVb6
    uc?id=16niI01SiI6-jLfvSDqoznhfFUzYX6mb7
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    @icmnfrsh Perfect, and good to know... that is exactly what I was looking to find out. Thank you so much!! Unfortunately when I do that in this case the white box that is supposed to 'list' the items used is empty. Probably is a glitch. Anyway, re-assembling the build seems to be working, and after I get supper in the crockpot I will be able to finish the rebuild to confirm this. Here's hoping!
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    Oh. Yeah, that could be a glitch.

OR there's another facet from the EP that's used, like lot traits. It's easy to overlook stuff like that
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Yup... apparently there was a glitch in the something not completely removing it's tag/IDs I have re-added all of the same content I pared down to and when I was still had the 'seasons' pack tag attaching itself before - even after removing all seasons plants also. Anyway, I also re added the plants from before except the seasons-specific ones, and the 'seasons' pack tag/ID has not re-appeared. Gotta love those glitches, huh? That comes with the package when dealing with software... when all else fails, we need to remember 'It may just be possible its not me?!'
    Oy, vey!! ;)

Thank you so much for your replies and assistance, @icmnfrsh and @MDianaSanders .

Update: @icmnfrsh and @MDianaSanders ... Super-weird. In the end, when I was getting ready to add the plants I had put them into a room in my library... so I added the room to the basement to unload from and saved to test if the plants had set off the tag/ID for seasons. It did not set off the tag/ID (in the gallery save), so I did my last step and placed my plants. But... while placing the plants I noticed that I had accidentally left a 'green bean' plant in them (which is a Seasons EP veggie)... and it had not set off the tag/ID for Seasons EP in the gallery save in the new re-build. Bottom line, perhaps the plants from Seasons EP do not set off the tag/ID, so maybe they don't set it off like build items do? Anyway, I thought I'd mention it.
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
  • Options
    Strange indeed 🤔