Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just my game or...

does it rain too much? It's summertime and its raining and thunderstorms so much...nearly everyday. It was my first "4th of July" holiday and my sims were going to throw a huge party but because of the rain, nothing could be done considering all the events I have are outdoor situations (BBQ, pool, fireworks). Even when I played with a previous family...the rain is crazy. And this is not world specific...it happens (to me) in San Myshuno, Newcrest, Windenberg, Willow Creek and Brindleton Bay.

blah.

Comments

• PaytePayte Posts: 20 Member
    My family is living in Brindleton Bay and I've noticed a lot of rain there but Willow Creek and Windenberg have been clear skies so far in my game. The best place so far to go for your 4th of July holiday would probably be Oasis Springs! It's always been hot or a heatwave everytime I visit. 😁
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Weather seems to vary a bit from year to year. I just played through 7 days of Fall, and although I stopped by 4-5 different worlds, it hardly rained once. In my game I expect the least rain in Willow Creek and San Myshuno, while Windenburg and Brindleton Bay get more rainy days.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Yeah I had 7 days of storm in Granite Falls once. It changes from year to year, I had 5 days of thunderstorm this cycle, none the previous one.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yes. Far too much rain. There was in Sims 3 also. Seems like its not just rain either. Its thunderstorms that my sims seem to ALL be terrified of which pretty much locks them in their homes afraid to go live their lives.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    My first summer I had a crazy storm every day. It was in windenburg though which is Europe inspired and in general, it's not super hot in the summer and there can be heavy rain.
    I liked that I had this big storm during the summer, cause in RL it was like that too and it felt just right. As if me and my sims were living in the same universe :p I had a second summer and I think it was mostly hot with heatwaves. Now heading to the third summer and wonder what that will bring. So far, so good :)

Not messed up like it was in TS3 where it would snow in the summer after a while and hot in the winter.
  • SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Seems to go through cycles. It will rain for a while then stop and kick back up again about 7 Sim days later.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Weather seems to vary a bit from year to year. I just played through 7 days of Fall, and although I stopped by 4-5 different worlds, it hardly rained once. In my game I expect the least rain in Willow Creek and San Myshuno, while Windenburg and Brindleton Bay get more rainy days.

In my game Willow Creek gets lots of rain. Why do you think it's so lush and green? ;)

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/