Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chez Llama. Worst Service Ever.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
So my Sim got invited on a date at Chez Llama.
They went and were seated and ordered but the food never came. :/
Seriously, they were there for (sim) hours and the food never arrived. She finally got up busting for a pee and her date left.
She’s come home from the restaurant starving. :o

I have had some success with previous outings to Chez Llama and I’m not quite sure what was different this time. I would also love to know how to avoid a similar situation in future if possible. Any tips or help?

Comments

• Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    I've had only two experiences like this. One of those times, the waiter was almost at my sim's table, tripped, and spilled their food all over the floor. I think the waiter came to the table to say he'll have the order replaced, but it never came. Most times my visits go fairly well. I think the other time the chef left for some reason and no one came to take her place. I'm not really sure if there's a way to avoid this.... Would like to get tips as well! Whenever I go to the restaurant, I usually click on a table and select "request table". Then I usually have them order as soon as they're seated and the food usually comes within a reasonable time.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I'm a tad surprised. I can't recall ever not getting the ordered food. I think all my restaurants do function fairly well, I always enjoy to watch the "machinery" while visiting, impressed to see how wisely guests are seated and handled. I don't even remember where "Chez Llama" is located, can't remember any restaurants I did not build myself, but maybe there are some EA made in the gallery.

Maybe replacing a few employees would do it? Might even need to switch ownership to arrange it.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    My first experience at the restaurant was like that, but now every time my sims go out to eat they are able to get service right away. I think it could be just a first time glitch.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,226 Member
    This happened to me a couple of times. First time, it turned out there was something on the table blocking the food from being served.
    Second time, I'm not entirely sure what happened, but I had my sim reorder the food and it finally came.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @mikamakimon Normally my dining experiences go well also. You might be on to something with the chef I guess -I wouldn’t know because I was concentrating so much on my two lovebirds.

@Simmerville Yeah, I was surprised too. Chez Llama is the restaurant that ships with Dine Out. Mine happens to be placed in Magnolia Crescent, but that is by the by.

@TresaofPern Actually, you might have the answer. I decided to see what “Colour Placemat’ would do and it’s possible that having the placemat out was blocking the table. :|
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited September 2018
    I have had a few not so good dining experiences here. First time playing Dine Out.. tried to go on a date, it was right after it came out and it was hard to figure out .. so the meal took forever. Next few times I went just to cause trouble (my sim playing the piano or riling people up.. that was fun.. saw one death).
    Last few times I've gone it's been pretty good... they are served pretty timely although they do tend to get up more especially if they sit down below in the main area under the piano. My sim had a case of food poisoning here and the funny part was I watched the waiter Jacques Villareal at that time go to the bathroom and NOT wash his hands after.
    Mostly it all tickles me what can I say?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    I think the more you visit the restraunt the more experience the waiters get. I remember when I first got the pack it was awful and I stopped going to restraunts. Then I had one of my sims own a restraunt and actually manage it. And when I visited it with another household it was much better service. I think it's the same with unowned restraunts but probably a lot slower of a process.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    This has happened to me once or twice, but generally the problem for me is the slow-ness the service.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited September 2018
    Had this once and now im always afraid my food wont come. Another time the waiter dropped our plates after hours of waiting. I was getting excited when i saw the plates until.. he dropped them all over the floor side of our table! Then i waited another few hours and it became midnight. I just left, cause it was getting pretty frustrating. They also served other customers over my table, so i knew it was about to go wrong.

That same place has quit bad service i guess. The other day the waiter just dropped all the dirty dishes on my table and left it there. Another time i saw food being served with a green fog over it.. not sure of that was supposed to be like that, cause it was a cheese plate and my sim friend just ate it as if it was very tasty.
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Happened to me more than once, the staff was playing in the rain.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    At any restaurant it takes at least 5 hours to have any meal, this is ridiculous and I don't understand why they don't fix it . . .
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    So my Sim got invited on a date at Chez Llama.
    They went and were seated and ordered but the food never came. :/
    Seriously, they were there for (sim) hours and the food never arrived. She finally got up busting for a pee and her date left.
    She’s come home from the restaurant starving. :o

I have had some success with previous outings to Chez Llama and I’m not quite sure what was different this time. I would also love to know how to avoid a similar situation in future if possible. Any tips or help?

I too have had a few experiences like this too. Even had my sim get food poisoning a couple times. I don't know if it's a fluke or not. I avoid restaurants for dates when possible. Send your sim on a date at a bar, lounge or the park hit pause put actions into queue and hopefully your date or your sim doesn't vanish halfway through,
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    I had something similar happen. It was my fault. I accidently created a blockade when designing that prevented the waiter from getting to my Sims. Once I figured it out which took real life hours, all was well!
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,431 Member
    Wow all your experiences make me want to go on a date to a restaurant. I’ve only ever gone to a diner but there’s a Rose Bush where sims woohoo in the back of the diner...I’m hoping the restaurant will be more classier than that. Sounds like a real life experience, going to a fancy restaurant where everything is overpriced yet the service is slow and awful
  • Options
    Samsonguy9000Samsonguy9000 Posts: 755 Member
    On the upside, the time waiting helps with getting the relationship improved with your date. Unless of course your dinner companion decides to go jogging....
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    First time at Chez Llama for me was the same. No meal ever came. The second time the appetizer and drinks came, but we had to order the main course separately, of course, and it never came. I deleted the restaurant after that, but it almost makes me want to place it again in a new save and see if it is the same result.
  • Options
    At least it’s not just me. >:)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    Oh yes, now I recall this restaurant! I never played it, though. Wow, it feels like tens of years since it launched!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CrazyboutTheSimsCrazyboutTheSims Posts: 2,739 Member
    I used this restaurant a couple times and I had the same experience really bad service and no food.. I haven't bothered placing it in any of my saves since.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited September 2018
    Never had that problem at Chez Llama, but it did happen once at Villa Bovine. Seems like it happened after I altered the menu, though that just may be a coincidence. I've left the menus alone since then, boring though that may be. A couple of issues I do have with restaurants though, are that the waiters often stack a pile of dirty dishes on a table while someone is eating there, plus there's always a pile of trash on the floor somewhere, and someone in my household always gets food poisoning, like every single time.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    ShadowSixxShadowSixx Posts: 154 Member
    I got food poisoning at Chez Llama so my Sims are hesitant to go there. We rather go to Villa, never got food poisoning there but when I go to Chez at least one of my sims get food poisoning lol. Think someone on the staff hates us lol.
    giphy.gif