This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Gallery being sorted by "Popular Now" by default is a problem

15678911...Next

Comments

• Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 257 Member
    Well, the Gallery is back online. AND. Not a thing changed, EA did NOT listen to the users yet again. EA\Maxis, learn the old rules, your CUSTOMER is your pay packet, NOT the shareholder!
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Well, the Gallery is back online. AND. Not a thing changed, EA did NOT listen to the users yet again. EA\Maxis, learn the old rules, your CUSTOMER is your pay packet, NOT the shareholder!

The switch of the default filter will come in with a full update, not during gallery maintenance.
  • Options
    TBrandesTBrandes Posts: 45 Member
    > @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 said:
    > It’s disappointing to download something that looks really nice, but then find out it’s CC, so I don’t get to see the beautiful CC mesh or whatever it was.

Thats the thing i also don't like. Something looks really great but then you don't have a clue what is missing when you try to use it. I've only seen once that someone mentioned what he/she used for his creation.

Personally i use a lot of cc and mods for my creations. But i always include a link to a file which contains all the names and links to the cc/mods i use (#modlist).

But there seems to be another problem. It looks like one of the last patches broke something in the gallery. I had to delete all my creations there and then upload them again as the hashtags were not working anymore.

I guess this, in combination with the new sorting, screws quite a few of the newer uploaders.
  • Options
    V_O_N_J_E_F_FV_O_N_J_E_F_F Posts: 3 New Member
    Will there be a new patch coming soon? When are we going to have newly uploaded builds be the default in the gallery? I’d really like to start sharing my builds to the gallery again.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Will there be a new patch coming soon? When are we going to have newly uploaded builds be the default in the gallery? I’d really like to start sharing my builds to the gallery again.

Patches are monthly, but we don't know if the next patch will include switching the default. We were only told that it will be in a future patch.
  • Options
    RilexiusRilexius Posts: 112 Member
    Ooh good they are changing it back :)
  • Options
    liblady76liblady76 Posts: 5 New Member
    I was thinking it was fixed with the last update but after reading here I see it wasn't. I uploaded a couple of builds (I'm still fairly new) and I hope it's considered ok to reupload or maybe that isn't necessary. One thing I've seen is more theft since it seems the thief then gets the many 1000's of uploads and likes and praises and voila instant following. Hopefully the change back will curtail that. Thanks all. Come download a house or 2 of mine...