Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Missing Tombstones/Gravestones Fix

ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
I'm posting this to not only help the community in case anyone runs into this problem, but also so I don't forget how to do it myself lol.

Short explanation before I get into it, since I've been playing some neighborhoods for a very long time and I've backed them up and then restored them...sometimes weird things happen...sometimes weird things happen even when your just playing the game normally. A few different times especially on older neighborhoods with a lot of tombstones/gravestones I've noticed I'll load my main house and all the tombstones/gravestones would be missing! This is very scary and can even cause neighborhood corruption if not fixed promptly and properly.

I know there is a tutorial out there which shows how to fix lost or missing tombstones/gravestones, but it requires a lot of steps and downloading of multiple modded items.

With my method it requires 1 modded object and a couple simple steps. The modded object you need is the FFS Lot Debugger (aka the batman box)

(Backup your nieghborhood first!)
1. You want to load up a lot with an active playable sim that is NOT the effected lot, but in the SAME neighborhood.
2. Go into build mode, miscellaneous, miscellaneous again, and buy the FFS Lot Debugger.
3. With your playable sim active click the box and select Nuke, and Global Urnstone Tokens. You will get a message saying "Fixed or Removed (#) Objects"
4. Next (make sure boolprop testingcheatsenabled is OFF) click the FFS Lot Debugger and select force errors..., On In-World, then On Off-World. You could just select On All but I always just do them separately to make sure. (have game un-paused and wait a minute to make sure the actions have completed...there is no confirmation message but should take only a minute)
5. Now you can delete the FFS Lot Debugger save and exit to neighborhood view and load up the lot where the tombstones/gravestone were gone and see if they have returned...if so play the game for a minute or so...then save. Backup if needed.

Any questions/comments/tips let me know below and if it's helped let others know by posting below. Thanks =)

Comments

• Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi :)

Thanks! I'm going to bookmark for later. My saves always seem to loose the tombstones if I don't play them often enough... which is almost always. =D
  • ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    Mine too! So glad this post will be helpful to you!