Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

🌟 Pangaea, A New World ❣

Comments

• 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Wow it is just getting better. :o is there a possibility you could leave room for the store lots? I can see myself wanting to download this world <3<3. Also, does it have a deep ocean and will you add dive spots and islands?

Funny thing, the area where your swamp is, I have a mine planned out just like that behind one of those walls XD
  • PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    edited August 2018
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    is there a possibility you could leave room for the store lots?

I would also like room for store lots! Just extra lots in general maybe. I've had some ideas that I've been wanting to build. It's just so hard finding enough room for everything in most worlds I've come across. Some types of lots can be combined (i.e. instead of having a separate lot for the roller coaster AND the carousel set AND the festival grounds, one could make an amusement park that doubles as the festival grounds) which will save some room, but even then, it can be hard to find room for extra stuff without getting rid of something else first.

TLDR; Yes please to quite a bit of extra lots! : D
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Thanks so much! You all encourage me to work on it even just a bit each day. @Mr_Deacon @Earcat
    @Dutchysim Hi! :mrgreen: It has been a long time :hugz: @06Bon06 @PurpleRoses :cookie:

It does have a deep ocean, I have 3 areas for dive lots- I don't know about hidden islands. There's not that much ocean available but maybe some other areas can be used (instead of islands). :mrgreen:
    There will be lots of flat areas but not as many roads. I will make sure to have available lots for the Store lots, sure. :)

• PurpleRosesPurpleRoses Posts: 3,796 Member
    Kewl beans!
  • chojrakchojrak Posts: 188 Member
    So much going on here. Farming area looks so charming, bay area looks pretty well too. ^^
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Rflong7

I am so pleased the mines are accessible I do apologize if I have caused you more work lol as I was not asking for a lot specifically near the mines it was just when I saw the pic I thought how great it would be to send sims camping there :)
    Thanks! @chojrak :cookie:

@SPARKY1922 It's a great time to get ideas because I haven't placed any lots. Maybe just planned for some docks and dive lots but the rest haven't a permanent place yet. :mrgreen:

@Rflong7

I never thought of it like that because I am just so happy for you to build new worlds for us to play in I don't feel it is right to make demands lol now having said that I am intrigued by your comments on a city area as well because when I saw the original pics I did not think it would have a city style area so any more info on that would be gratefully received although because I adore the way you have used water and mountain areas/colours in such a way with this world I will be playing in it with or without a city because it is just so lush and beautiful :)
    More like a small city but I wanted it to be seen from a distance- Maybe not from everywhere, like the Volcano/Desert areas. It'll have most of the lots there. The rest will be special lots- I was thinking a market and tomb in the desert with a few houses; a resort and tomb plus a few houses in Volcano; run down research area in the frozen wasteland. You know.. .if you want kids in school they'd be best near the city (Tomb area and Travel ports connecting all the areas). This isn't all in stone though. Got a ways to go. :)

It's the open area in this picture.
    M0G8I48.jpg
    @Rflong7

Oooh I am loving the way you are thinking markets and tombs in the desert, resorts and tombs in volcanoes areas and frozen wastelands it sounds so exciting and different and as for kids going to school well they always get there as I have shown in your world with half road/roadless areas so that's no biggie to deal with..if only I had your mind and creativity I would honestly be very happy :)
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Would you consider using the Sphinx? That with a few columns and broken walls would make a great backdrop for your market and somewhere appropriate to put the tomb entrance. A bit of a cliche maybe ?
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    Would you consider using the Sphinx? That with a few columns and broken walls would make a great backdrop for your market and somewhere appropriate to put the tomb entrance. A bit of a cliche maybe ?

Hi :mrgreen:
    That's an interesting idea. I'll see how it looks- if it's not too big.

I have been stuck on a section, not knowing what I'm going to do with it. But, I've kinda figured it out and will be working on it a bit tomorrow. I hope it goes close to what my mind sees. :cookie:
    That's awesome! I can't wait to see what you do. Also if you need any testers or some buildings I'll be a happy volunteer :)
    Thanks! @06Bon06 I'll remember that. :mrgreen:

I am thinking a nice, big lake with waterfalls... if I can do it. It's been awhile since I added water planes to a world.
    Rflong7 wrote: »

I am thinking a nice, big lake with waterfalls... if I can do it. It's been awhile since I added water planes to a world.

Can you share the tutorial you used for that? I've been wanting to do that because the river object thing just doesn't look that great to me.

Can you share the tutorial you used for that? I've been wanting to do that because the river object thing just doesn't look that great to me.

This is the one I've used - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3624176
    @flstrider made one with pictures- https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914679/water-plane-tutorial-hopefully-lol-completed-please-leave-any-feedback-you-may-have

This is the one I've used - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3624176
    @flstrider made one with pictures- https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/914679/water-plane-tutorial-hopefully-lol-completed-please-leave-any-feedback-you-may-have

thank you ^^ I have been trying to avoid it since it seems difficult but not using it is really holding me back with what I want to do.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member

What a lovely idea, the movement of the water adds extra to the landscape.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    @Rflong7

I really love the idea of big lakes and waterfalls.. :)

• TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    @Rflong7 -I used SuperCAW 's pond tool to make a lake on a higher elevation in Logan and that's now a game-ready world.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
    @TadOlson wrote: »
    @Rflong7 -I used SuperCAW 's pond tool to make a lake on a higher elevation in Logan and that's now a game-ready world.

Thanks. :)
    I have used it to get the numbers but we have been told by EA not to use the pond tool because it isn't complete and will corrupt up the worlds.
    It's not done that to Logan though it's a risk that the tool could corrupt the world which is why I advise backing them up before using it and only use it near the end of the project just after loading it and always use save as as you work on a world and when you end the session.Some have had trouble with the pond tool and others were able to use it without issues.I was able to use it without issues this time though it might not work next time.
    edited September 2018
    @TadOlson wrote: »
    It's not done that to Logan though it's a risk that the tool could corrupt the world which is why I advise backing them up before using it and only use it near the end of the project just after loading it and always use save as as you work on a world and when you end the session.Some have had trouble with the pond tool and others were able to use it without issues.I was able to use it without issues this time though it might not work next time.

I wouldn't use it because EA knows about this and if I'm sharing a world, I'm not going to share a corrupt world. There's no reason to use it when we know it's not complete and will corrupt. :(
    I also don't use Save as each time. It's unnecessary. - imo.
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Loving how this looks so far.

Looks like by winter holidays I'm getting a large portable hard drive just for my sims. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Rflong7 -It's fine if you don't feel that you can safely use the pond tool and it might be something to do with the version of the base game as mine was a 2011 release while yours was 2009.I feel that saving to new files each time has been necessary since that time a world glitched from EIG saving errors and I had to revert to a back up folder.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top