Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I haven't thought about these in a while

LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,829 Member
I definitely don't want TS4 to be a clone of any of the previous games but there are some things I really miss. Updating the home of my main sons and I just remember that we don't have lights that can go on the fences like we did in TS3 I miss those. What's ONE small feature you would bring back from previous iterations? Not the big things like open-world and horses but just the small touches.
Post edited by LolaLuvsSims on

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,922 Member
    I miss those lights too @ikiamyetta and I would also like to bring back the windows with indoor sills that you could objects on, like bowls of flowers etc. It's so long since I played Sims 3 that I cannot remember the name!
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    door bell
    pool games
    catch
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    @Simburian @comicsforlife I would love those things in game. I actually wished for Marco polo yesterday so my child sim would have another summer activity to do with her friends.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I really, really, really miss the fact that when you bought the sims something new in Sims 3, they were excited about it and went straight away to look at it and did a happy little dance or they hated it. I miss that so much, it really made me feel as though I could connect with them. Don't get me wrong, I love Sims 4, but it's devoid of little interactions like that, just like it lacks things for children to do and I don't mean toys ect, I mean playing cops and robbers, or dress up, or play in a tree house. The kids don't seem like kids in this game, they seem like mini adults. How many kids actually want to stand around talking? I also miss the tinier teens, yes I can tell them apart, but again there aren't a lot of interactions that are teen specific. I'd also love to see them have their own clothing category, just like I'd like to see the Elders have their own clothing category too and something for them to do that doesn't put their back out, or kill them off. Marco Polo, I miss that too. Even if it never comes back, something new that's a child/elder/teen interaction would do. Still I guess if I want them, I can go play Sims 3....but then I miss multi-tasking and the look of the Sims of this iteration so there's just no making me happy I guess lol. (Actually on days where I am housebound the Sims 4 makes me insanely happy!)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,752 Member
    In build I miss a column that can be positioned centered on a floor tile. It's not working with moveobjects cheat. Not sure if this was possible in TS3 or if I had a cc column though.

Fence light would be nice!

I have this feeling there exist tons of cool objects with smart options in my game already, that I never really got aware of. You know, you can't tell from the thumb whether an object can be used in several ways or versions, includes interaction or what not. I know there are some decor (rugs?) that totally switch form when changing alternative, that is so well hidden when you browse the catalog that I'm positive I already miss out on lots. For all I know, there could be both fence light and centered columns in game :wink:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,752 Member
    Bloosmoo wrote: »
    I really, really, really miss the fact that when you bought the sims something new in Sims 3, they were excited about it and went straight away to look at it and did a happy little dance or they hated it. I miss that so much, it really made me feel as though I could connect with them.

Certain curious(?) TS4 dogs do this, shouldn't be too hard adding a similar trait for sims, too. :smiley:
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,054 Member
    I miss the interior platform which enabled one to build U-turn stairs, or just elevate part of a room.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,630 Member
    I miss all those extra animations which made everything flow nicer, like opening kitchen cupboards to get pots, pans, bowls and spoons out.

I also miss roundness lol. Nicely finished rounded bowls etc, instead of choppy-not-enough-polygons-stuff.

And I really miss the fact that sims do not interact with the dresser when changing or planning outfits.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited July 2018
    Remember that small foundation in ts3 that would give that extra touch in your house? It was like one step and could be placed on top of the regular foundation. It made some interesting building methods and you could simply add them anywhere in your house. First or second floor, it didnt matter. To the wall or in the middle of a room. It was all good! Bring them back!

OH and simoke games without having to buy an object for it like how children could play silly games and be busy for hours or tag. I never know what activity my child sims can do whenever their friends come over other then these new age games like hanging inside and watching tv or play on the console.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,553 Member
    ikiamyetta wrote: »
    I definitely don't want TS4 to be a clone of any of the previous games but there are some things I really miss. Updating the home of my main sons and I just remember that we don't have lights that can go on the fences like we did in TS3 I miss those. What's ONE small feature you would bring back from previous iterations? Not the big things like open-world and horses but just the small touches.

I was thinking about lights on fences couple of days ago. :)
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,471 Member
    Do you mean individual lights that sit atop fence posts? I think you can do that? Or do you mean strings of lights? If you have seasons, you can use the decorations box to put strings of lights on fences.
  • Options
    @loubyloulou not decorations just the plain outdoor lights
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2018
    ikiamyetta wrote: »

I miss that too
    Remember that small foundation in ts3 that would give that extra touch in your house? It was like one step and could be placed on top of the regular foundation. It made some interesting building methods and you could simply add them anywhere in your house. First or second floor, it didnt matter. To the wall or in the middle of a room. It was all good! Bring them back!

OH and simoke games without having to buy an object for it like how children could play silly games and be busy for hours or tag. I never know what activity my child sims can do whenever their friends come over other then these new age games like hanging inside and watching tv or play on the console.

I loved that in 3 because I would have this feature for my master suite with the bed in the bedroom and for the bathtub in the bathroom. It added a bit of elegance I thought.

I liked silly kids games too like tag. It was fun and you didn't' need special objects for it either.

I miss spiral staircases, poles and ladders to get and down.

I miss the pool table and lots of fun arcade games and the ability to own more than one home. I miss the cops bringing home my teen sims who were out past curfew. I miss the burglars coming in because I forgot to add in working security.

I miss the extra supernatural elements... genies, werewolves, witches etc (granted there are mods for some of it but I still miss it just the same).

I miss the colour wheel for hair, build and buy and clothes. It was fun to go to the gallery and see what people created and shared. I miss being able to create custom tattoos too like we could in Sims3.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,694 Member
    edited July 2018
    More games for sims to play with each other that aren’t confined to objects, like Rock Paper Scissors, Tag, Hide and Seek, etc. The Sims 2 has a ton of these games, I believe Sims 3 even had Tag in the base game.
    Post edited by filipomel on
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,109 Member
    spiral staircase!!
  • Options

No, somehow I missed that. Are you certain it was in Sims3? The interior platform, of which I spoke, was in Sims2.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2018
    I miss the fence lights too. You can still have them, but need to use MOO now, which I do. It would be nice if they would automatically snap to fence posts like they did in TS2.

I also miss doorbells. 9/10 I miss when someone comes knocking on my door because I can't hear the knock. You have to keep your view focused on the door now unless your sound is turned up to an ungodly volume.

I'd love an alarm clock again too. It was nice being able to set that for your Sims if they worked outside the home so they'd get up on time. If my Sims have a job, sometimes they almost miss going to work because they're sleeping and the speed is on 3 so it goes so fast I can't click pause fast enough. You have to be hyper aware when they're sleeping now. Not that big a deal, but I do miss them. In the same vein, I wish all clocks were animated again to show the correct in-game time.

I miss landline phones too. I know cell phones are more realistic these days, I don't even have a landline myself. But I miss seeing my Sim actually answer their phone. They don't physically 'answer' cell phone calls, it's just a pop-up. It would be great if cell phone calls were at least physically answered I guess is the point I'm trying to make, then I wouldn't miss landlines.

I agree with you too @elanorbreton, I miss all the extra little animations that made our Sims seem more relatable. Sims just 'swipe' so many things now, it's not very conducive to immersion.

Lastly, well there's tons more, especially build mode items, but I'll only mention one more thing. I miss those little PIP videos for special events such as; first kiss, first woohoo, proposals, a burgler creeping about, etc. Those were so fun and always made me smile or gasp when they popped up! :)

Happy Simming! <3

*EDIT: One more thing. I know not everyone likes or uses MOO, but I do and have loved it since TS2. I was thrilled when it was activated for TS4. But, I wish we could use it to move our Sims too like we could in TS2. That feature was SO handy when taking screenshots for stories or just to set up a family portrait!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I miss having messy beds/making the bed. Silly, I know but it always added a small touch of personality to a sim depending on if I had them make their bed or not.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    I miss having messy beds/making the bed. Silly, I know but it always added a small touch of personality to a sim depending on if I had them make their bed or not.

Yes, I have two teenage boys in my current game and I feel like one would never make his bed.
  • Options
    halpal1212halpal1212 Posts: 30 Member
    I really wish that we could customize furniture colors and patterns like we used to. I also miss it when the snow would actually build up on the lot rather than just stay flat on the ground.
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    I miss bridges a whole lot. And fence lights but that's easy to work around with move objects and the 9 key
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I miss canes for the elders. It really made them feel old; which wasn't a bad thing! Especially funny when they'd wave it around when they were angry.

For build mode I miss that super long aquarium that you could embed into a wall.
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,908 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I also miss doorbells. 9/10 I miss when someone comes knocking on my door because I can't hear the knock. You have to keep your view focused on the door now unless your sound is turned up to an ungodly volume.

A little off-topic I know, but this makes me think I may have had visitors coming round and been missing them.

To get back on topic, I guess I miss tag and Marco Polo too.
  • Options
    Too many player choices have been removed from this iteration of the game.
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    I miss rocking chairs, haha, I guess it sorta goes with the canes. Although I used them in nurseries all the time. With babies tied to the bassinet that wouldn't work. I did use them on porches a lot, too, tho. Does anyone remember if any iteration has ever had a porch swing? That would be a nice object.