Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Four Live Mode is Lacking

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited July 2018
    jooxis wrote: »
    You claiming the graphics are "bad" is just your opinion and not fact. I actually LOVE the graphics of Sims 3. They have better textures and aren't anywhere near blocky or blurred as in Sims 4.

Well to nitpick - these things can, in fact, be facts. I work in game design and video game illustration and the quality of graphics and textures of Sims 4 are far superior to that of Sims 3. You can of course enjoy the Sims 3 style more as many people do.

(If your Sims 4 textures are all blurry or blocky you may be using low settings or your graphics card is not good or old)
    I think a lot of people are confusing art style and graphics. I’d be surprised if a 2009 game had better graphics than a 2014 game anyway ;) By blurry and blocky I think people may mean how some things look a bit chunky in Sims 4.

hPMDrE0.png

Edit: sorry, didn’t pay attention to the topic title when reacting, this is not on topic. Wholeheartedly agree with your post prior to the one I quoted btw.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member
    You claiming the graphics are "bad" is just your opinion and not fact. I actually LOVE the graphics of Sims 3. They have better textures and aren't anywhere near blocky or blurred as in Sims 4.

Well to nitpick - these things can, in fact, be facts. I work in game design and video game illustration and the quality of graphics and textures of Sims 4 are far superior to that of Sims 3. You can of course enjoy the Sims 3 style more as many people do.

(If your Sims 4 textures are all blurry or blocky you may be using low settings or your graphics card is not good or old)

They are blurry. It's the art style choice. Compare TS4 textures to TS2 textures.
    I love putting TS2 textures in my game because they add more detail instead of suggestions of detail like TS4 textures. Meshes are also very blocky and lacking detail in TS4. I've also replaced the moss grass in TS4 with grass with more texture detail. I use TS4 textures when I want a smooth look.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2018
    @CK213 "Blurry" is not the same thing as "smooth" or "lacking detail"...

@JoAnne65 Yep, pretty much :)
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

Nope, if you set the graphics options in Sims 3 to all high settings, they are just as good as those in Sims 4. But even on medium settings Sims 3 looks great.

But graphics aren't the only things in a video game. Game play is even more important, which Sims 4 doesn't have much of because of the tablet-level game engine it's built on.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,552 Member

Uh, when you blur something, basically making it out of focus, you lose detail and it looks smooth.
    The end result comes across as blurry looking. The evidence is in the game, not in talk.
    When I say I use TS4 textures when I want a smooth look, it means something with a subtle texture.

Take a nicely detailed wood panel into Photoshop and add a blur filter to it until the wood grain details are lost and you will get something that looks like this TS4 wood panel-hence, blurry.
    07-24-18_10-15-58nbspAM.png

I have 3 carpet textures here:
    Right: TS2 converted texture
    Middle TS4 base game carpet
    Left: TS4 Dinning out carpet.

The TS2 texture is nice and sharp. The Base Game TS4 texture is truly lacking detail and doesn't even come across as carpet to me.
    I like the Dinning out texture and it shows an effort to bring more detail to textures.
    07-24-18_10-21-34nbspAM.png

Be looking closer, things do look a little blurred with no sense of actual fibers.
    07-24-18_10-22-00nbspAM.png

The TS2 texture is more detailed.
    07-24-18_10-22-06nbspAM.png

The grey chair is a CC chair I added to the game because it has a better sense of fabric textures than the orange furniture that has the barest suggestion of being fabric.
    07-24-18_10-21-15nbspAM.png

07-24-18_10-15-52nbspAM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    [quote="Charlotta11;c-16632176"

i have said thing i liked about sims 4. like i already have said. u just don't listen or u just don't understand what i say.
    'Sims 4 is made to look pretty and interactions are pretty and detailed, i like it. I just think sims 4 is not for everyone, its more about normal stuff, raise a family. take care of you're sick pet, going to the vet. sims 4 sims look sick if they got flu and they will cough, try you're outfits and doing you're makeup. like u maybe get the point. Sims 4 is more about 'normal life' and its pretty detailed' And many more thing i have said in this convo :D u just don'tfocus what i say or dont understand[/quote]

The only thing unique to Sims 4 that you mentioned is the vet (which is still buggy), but other than that, there's "normal stuff" and "normal life" in the other Sims games too, only they have more options to them.

I'm glad that you find some things in Sims 4 enjoyable and that you can actually describe those things, but don't put down Sims 3 or any of the other iterations just to try to make it more than it is. It doesn't help to make Sims 4 look better when fans of the other Sims games can easily counterpoint your criticisms since they know their game a whole lot more than you can. It will also cause them to more likely point out what's wrong with Sims 4 - and there's A LOT of it.
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy ' I liked sims 3 when it came, don't get me wrong but i think they just didn't add game play that i liked that sims 4 offers me. Like i love spas, massages, saunas, makeup table for doing actual makeup whit it, restaurants to order food i like, cafes, drink and eat the same time, eat popcorn and wach movie same way that in sims 4, calendar, decorate christmas tree, make you're own holidays and go shopping chothes.
    those were couple thing i loved in sims, it remind me of sims 2. like open for business (sims 4 get to work), sims 2 bon voyage and camping ( out door retreat) for example.' i found more thing i have said i liked sims 4 in this convo.
    I just talk things i like in sims 4 live mode what i was missing in sims 3. But what sims game is best sims game is everyone own option. So if i said why sims 4 game is better and things i didn't like in sims 3 u don't have to get mad. Its just my option. U can like sims 3 more. its fine. And FOR ME sims 4 have improved game play and i can't even play sims 3 anymore. its not about my imagination its just because i like sims 4 more for it's game play i said above. Everyone has their own options about the game. peace o:)

That's why I don't believe that you really played Sims 3 - Sims 3 actually has most of those things you just mentioned in your post!

The only thing it doesn't have that you mentioned is the calendar, but it is to me such a minor thing and would not cause me to go out and buy Sims 4 with its Seasons EP. Because the Seasons EPs for Sims 2 and Sims 3 still had so much more in them that Sims 4 doesn't have.

I did get angry because you put down Sims 3 to try to make Sims 4 look more than it actually is. That has been EA's tactic which Sims 4 fans had adopted to try to get people to buy it since it's beginning in 2014 and I'm seriously tired of it. If Sims 4 was so great, no one had to ever put down previous iterations of the Sims series. There was a little bit of that happening when Sims 3 started, but when people played it more, they saw what was great about it, so there was never a "war" going on between Sims 2 and Sims 3 - not like it is now with Sims 4 against Sims 3.

I loved Sims 2 - I love its greater detail to its mechanics - but I don't see Sims 4 as a continuation of it at all. Sims 2 was feature-rich while Sims 4 is not so much. The only thing I can see that they have in common is that they are both closed worlds and don't have CASt. But that's the only resemblance.

I can't play Sims 2 anymore though because my playing style is more suited to open world now, in that my sims rarely stay home and make constant use of what is in the world they live in. That means that after work or school, they go to other places besides their home. They'll work out at the gym or jog around the huge world (my favorite is when they jog as sunset approaches - it's really beautiful!). Kid sims will study at the library or in the park or beach (or really anywhere in the world actually). For night life my actual preference are family style pubs (lot style = hangout) for the whole family to go to where they can dance, play foosball, darts, eat, play poker/blackjack/roulette. But I also like adding dance clubs just for the grownups. I also love the bowling alley in the University EP so I always add that to all my worlds and add ping pong, pool tables, TV, photobooth and arcade games as well. Etc, etc. My homes, although beautiful, end up being used mostly just for sleeping, hygiene, and breakfast. The only time my sims stay home is if they have a home business where I set up a part of the lot as a store or salon.

I tried playing Sims 2 and Sims 4 that way, but the loading screens got really irritating to me very fast. I like, everybody else, ended up staying more at home which I HATED. And I hated that the sims that stayed home while one of my sims was away couldn't be controlled. This is one of the reasons why I didn't even bother buying Sims 4 (also because Sims 2 is just plain better and I already have that).

Anyway yeah, it's great that you're having fun with Sims 4. But please talk about what you enjoy about it without trying to bring Sims 3 into it.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    @ClarionOfJoy ' I liked sims 3 when it came, don't get me wrong but i think they just didn't add game play that i liked that sims 4 offers me. Like i love spas, massages, saunas, makeup table for doing actual makeup whit it, restaurants to order food i like, cafes, drink and eat the same time, eat popcorn and wach movie same way that in sims 4, calendar, decorate christmas tree, make you're own holidays and go shopping chothes.
    those were couple thing i loved in sims, it remind me of sims 2. like open for business (sims 4 get to work), sims 2 bon voyage and camping ( out door retreat) for example.' oh i found more thing i have said i liked sims 4 in this convo. yepp.... never said things i liked in sims 4 :D
    pls next time if u said something about me or for me. read my text and focus what i say before u say anything.
    Sims 3 has saunas, massages, restaurants, cafes, shopping for clothes, they can go camping, you can also raise families in the game and play the normal daily life if you prefer that. For me it’s in fact the daily life in Sims 4 where I find it boring. It took vampires to make me interested in this game. Finally something to do.

Yup, exactly!
  • Options
    Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    @ClarionOfJoy i didnt said sims 4 was unique, in fact there wasn't as big changes than in sims 1 to sims 2, or sims 2 to sims 3. My point was that in sims 4 day to day life is more focused than in sims 3, and that's why i like live mode. You can't say other sims player's know their game better than me. i don't know you and you don't know me to make that opinion. I don't try to make sims 4 look better because it's everyone's own opinion what games they like.
    I just tell my opinions why i like sims 4 live mode and little things like more facial expressions, sims feel alive, can shape their body more, holiday traditions, emotions, walk style, multitasking, and much more thing i said before and I LIKE sims 4 that i wished in to sims 3.

11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    roggek wrote: »
    EA/Maxis wasn't born yesterday, they want us to feel that the game "is boring", so they can produce new expansion, game and stuff packs.

And the sad part is, with all Stuff, Game and Expansiuon packs, the game "feels" much funnier than in the beginning…

But I doubt there will be an Sims 5, the "genre" has died out...
    Much like the VHS recorder and rotary Telephone...

I don't agree that the genre has died out because there are similar life simulation games out there even in the indie category, however, I too doubt there will be a Sims 5 and if by chance there is its definitely going to be a big money grab. Heck people thought 4 was bad wait until 5 comes out lol. I for one will be done unless a new company creates a sims game. I wouldn't touch the sims 5 with a 10ft pole if EA's behind it.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don’t care how you can add gameplay to your game: EP’s, SP’s, GP’s, Store. It’s there and if you like it you can buy and get it (the things you listed are in my game, I often don’t even remember what pack or world or set it came with). I do agree with you Sims 3 is less detailed where it comes to daily family play than Sims 2, I noticed the difference right away when I started to play the Sims 2 UC and in retrospect I highly regret they sacrificed certain aspects in Sims 3 (didn’t know what I was missing out on before). I don’t quite see it in Sims 4 though... I find myself bumping into the issue of unexpainable emotion boosts in Sims 4, those are a real problem for me. Also with my vampire, who can get angry at times without any reason and the only way to get her out of it is putting her in front of a mirror and choose some interactions. I don’t get why she was angry in the first place (some aura I missed probably) and having to put her in front of that mirror takes me out of the game completely. In another save I have a toddler and I really love those in Sims 4. But all the animations take way way too long to hold my intention. They repeat and after awing them in the beginning (a lot of the animations are really cute and well done) I’ve seen them and I don’t have to see them over and over again. For some reason it’s not like that for me in Sims 2 and 3. My guess is because a lot of Sims 4’s gameplay is based on just that: watching and admiring pretty animations. I miss real reactions and I miss concequences and them remembering things.

I think the Sims 3 animation team and the ones responsible for the facial expressions are highly underestimated by the way on these forums (except in the TS3 section where they are celibrated in 100+ pages long topics). You also said the worlds in TS3 are boring, but one of the things that struck me when I played JA was the total lack of things to do in the jungle (which looks stunning by the way). Somehow there’s a lot more to do for me when I send my sim to Egypt and make her travel through it. Things to find, things to explore, sims to interact with she meets in the middle of nowhere. I play Animal Crossing and even in those tiny villages there is way more to discover and explore than in a Sims 4 neighborhood.

Yeah, I also love the greater detail that Sims 2 has in terms of game play. For example, Sims 2 has animations for the sims entering and exiting the cars, whereas in Sims 3, they just teleport in and out of them. Details like that are what I loved about Sims 2. Also loved the mechanics of Open For Business in Sims 2 than the business mechanics in Sims 3 which aren't as detailed. Fortunately some wonderful modders made mods to make it more like Sims 2, so I'm really happy about that.

If there is a Sims 5, I really hope it is the merging of what is loved about Sims 2 and Sims 3 - for me the finer details of Sims 2 with the open world, CASt and unpredictableness (near equivalent to Sims 2 chance cards I guess and ) of Sims 3. The only thing I really like about Sims 4 is the new features in build mode, it would be nice if that was added too (without taking out terrain tools and the CFE cheat).

I really LOVE Sims 3 worlds too! But in order to not get bored, simmers have to make those worlds they're own - the game was designed to be flexible so you take out what you don't like and put in what you do love or just make changes to what is already there. That's why when simmers like Charlotte say it's boring, it just tells me that they don't know enough about Sims 3 or have no imagination or maybe too lazy to make the changes.

When I first downloaded Riverview and explored it, I didn't think it was so great and I got bored of it. This was, of course, when I just started to play Sims 3 and hadn't known the full power and flexibility of that game. So I let Riverview sit to the side for a few months. But when I had more knowledge of what Sims 3 can do, I went back to Riverview and took another look around. I found that I really loved that little island between the two rivers, so I moved the art gallery somewhere else and put my house there. That positions my active household between the bistro on the left and the bookstore on the right. Across from my active house, is the reading room (library), the market and the spa. So my active household sees constant activity because of these community lots! I tend to like my sims to be social so I always have them meet new people or to increase the relationships with already known ones on these lots - all only a few steps away.

I also thought the business district of Riverview was boring. Only the diner had lots of sims congregating there. So I moved the military building somewhere else and put the bowling alley from the University EP in its place, so now that area has some entertainment and is more lively. Sims now can go to that district to go bowling, dance by the jukebox, or play ping pong, pool, foosball, or arcade games. I also set up an eating area there as another option besides going to the diner.

Riverview didn't have a beach area too, so I added that as well, with the surfing station, sprinklers, water slide, eating area, lounging area and all-in-one bathroom. I also installed Island Paradise EP, and added the boats to the lot. There's a mod that allows them to be rented. So when you go to this beach, you'll see sims surfing, playing with the sprinklers, or the water slide, eating, lounging, snorkeling, wind-surfing and boating around.

After I moved things around and added stuff I liked, I fell in love with Riverview. It is one of my most favorite worlds now.

• Options
    edited July 2018
    @ClarionOfJoy ' really LOVE Sims 3 worlds too! But in order to not get bored, simmers have to make those worlds they're own - the game was designed to be flexible so you take out what you don't like and put in what you do love or just make changes to what is already there. That's why when simmers like Charlotte say it's boring, it just tells me that they don't know enough about Sims 3 or have no imagination or maybe too lazy to make the changes.' oh.. nope. i did change worlds, a lot, i downloaded many worlds and i make my owns. I do that always, and in sims 4 all houses and lot is made by me. i don't use premade houses but ofc sims 4 u cant make your own town (i wish i could). Don't speaks about me like u would know me. I loved sims 3 when it came and i didn't buy sims 4 until like 2 years after the release. I was little skeptical when i first buy it because its hard to change from sims 3 and all expansions to sims 4 whit only base game. I try sims 4 and i loved that it offers game play that i like and my family oriented life in sims.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy i didnt said sims 4 was unique, in fact there wasn't as big changes than in sims 1 to sims 2, or sims 2 to sims 3. My point was that in sims 4 day to day life is more focused than in sims 3, and that's why i like live mode. You can't say other sims player's know their game better than me. i don't know you and you don't know me to make that opinion. I don't try to make sims 4 look better because it's everyone's own opinion what games they like.
    I just tell my opinions why i like sims 4 live mode and little things like more facial expressions, sims feel alive, can shape their body more, holiday traditions, emotions, walk style, multitasking, and much more thing i said before and I LIKE sims 4 that i wished in to sims 3.

What I don't agree with what you wrote in your post above is about day to day life being more focused in Sims 4 than in Sims 3. That simply isn't true and another indication that you don't know what is in Sims 3. As a matter of fact, Sims 3 keeps better record of the family tree through generations of a sim family. And sims in Sims 3 do the same (with more options) as in Sims 4. They get a job (Sims 3 has more choices), work, get married, have children, move up their career ladders and retired. They have hobbies and skills that can turn into self-employment so that it is no longer just about skilling up, but also another way to make money. Children through all stages from baby to teenager have things to learn and do with parents in Sims 3 as they do in Sims 4 (except Sims 4 babies) so I'm not sure what you think is lacking in Sims 3 in regard to day to day life. It actually has more.

I appreciate that you like certain things in Sims 4 that aren't in Sims 3, but to me they don't add much in the way of gameplay itself and have been reported by other Sims 4 simmers as being annoying or unrealistic (emotions) and gets in the way of the orders they're giving their sims to do (multitasking). Personally for me, I don't envy anything in Sims 4 enough to want to buy it or wish those things were in Sims 3 when it already has so many other things that are missing in Sims 4.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    edited July 2018
    Nope, if you set the graphics options in Sims 3 to all high settings, they are just as good as those in Sims 4.

No, they don't and this is the main reason why I quit Sims 3 - trash graphics. Terrible lighting as well. But we can go back and forth forever like this...

@CK213 Yes I understand what you mean and yes, Sims 4 textures have less detail and are more smooth (in some close-ups of objects and patterns can even be considered slightly blurry but it's a stretch to say the whole game's textures are blurry because on the whole they're not.) "Blurry textures" has the connotation that something is wrong with them visually. That they've been exported badly, too compressed or just stretched out too much. I will make an (extremely) quick drawing to demonstrate what I mean.

Pupil with few details, smooth. This is what Sims 4 aesthetics are.
    eye1_zpss4knvwpe.jpg?t=1532378785

This is a blurry texture of a pupil. yes it's exaggerated but it's obviously not the same thing.
    eye2_zps4qbo9zrk.jpg

And this is a more detailed pupil. It doesn't mean "better graphics" having more details just makes it a different style, and a matter of taste.
    eye3_zpsd7rmcg2s.jpg

• Options

What I don't agree with what you wrote in your post above is about day to day life being more focused in Sims 4 than in Sims 3. That simply isn't true and another indication that you don't know what is in Sims 3. As a matter of fact, Sims 3 keeps better record of the family tree through generations of a sim family. And sims in Sims 3 do the same (with more options) as in Sims 4. They get a job (Sims 3 has more choices), work, get married, have children, move up their career ladders and retired. They have hobbies and skills that can turn into self-employment so that it is no longer just about skilling up, but also another way to make money. Children through all stages from baby to teenager have things to learn and do with parents in Sims 3 as they do in Sims 4 (except Sims 4 babies) so I'm not sure what you think is lacking in Sims 3 in regard to day to day life. It actually has more.

I appreciate that you like certain things in Sims 4 that aren't in Sims 3, but to me they don't add much in the way of gameplay itself and have been reported by other Sims 4 simmers as being annoying or unrealistic (emotions) and gets in the way of the orders they're giving their sims to do (multitasking). Personally for me, I don't envy anything in Sims 4 enough to want to buy it or wish those things were in Sims 3 when it already has so many other things that are missing in Sims 4.

For me it does a lot! i feel like they feel more alive and they have different facial expressions of different emotions but emotions are too easy to manipulate and they sometimes just changes too fast. U cant say my opinion is wrong, for me sims 4 is more focused and detailed on day to day life and they feel more alive because those little things i have already said . I'm not going to change my opinion about that and i'm not going to argue anymore it because its kinda useless since we have different things that we like in game and we appreciate different features in game.

11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options

For me it does a lot! i feel like they feel more alive and they have different facial expressions of different emotions but emotions are too easy to manipulate and they sometimes just changes too fast. U cant say my opinion is wrong, for me sims 4 is more focused and detailed on day to day life and they feel more alive because those little things i have already said . I'm not going to change my opinion about that and i'm not going to argue anymore it because its kinda useless since we have different things that we like in game and we appreciate different features in game.

You keep saying that Sims 4 is more focused and detailed on day to day life, but you don't describe what exactly that is. So tell me how you actually play a focused and detailed day to day life in Sims 4. I can already tell you that it also happens in Sims 3 and also in Sims 2 for that matter.
  • Options
    Nope, if you set the graphics options in Sims 3 to all high settings, they are just as good as those in Sims 4.

No, they don't and this is the main reason why I quit Sims 3 - trash graphics. Terrible lighting as well. But we can go back and forth forever like this...

That's just your opinion and it doesn't hold up when other people show pictures or video of their Sims 3 games!

And like I said before, it's the game play that is the most important which Sims 4 lacks. That's why Sims 4 always lags behind Sims 3 and Sims 2 (and Sims 1 for that matter). Graphics won't get you very far when you can only stare at your Sims 4 game for only so long since there's not much game play in it.
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »

Uh, when you blur something, basically making it out of focus, you lose detail and it looks smooth.
    The end result comes across as blurry looking. The evidence is in the game, not in talk.
    When I say I use TS4 textures when I want a smooth look, it means something with a subtle texture.

Take a nicely detailed wood panel into Photoshop and add a blur filter to it until the wood grain details are lost and you will get something that looks like this TS4 wood panel-hence, blurry.
    07-24-18_10-15-58nbspAM.png

I have 3 carpet textures here:
    Right: TS2 converted texture
    Middle TS4 base game carpet
    Left: TS4 Dinning out carpet.

The TS2 texture is nice and sharp. The Base Game TS4 texture is truly lacking detail and doesn't even come across as carpet to me.
    I like the Dinning out texture and it shows an effort to bring more detail to textures.
    07-24-18_10-21-34nbspAM.png

Be looking closer, things do look a little blurred with no sense of actual fibers.
    07-24-18_10-22-00nbspAM.png

The TS2 texture is more detailed.
    07-24-18_10-22-06nbspAM.png

The grey chair is a CC chair I added to the game because it has a better sense of fabric textures than the orange furniture that has the barest suggestion of being fabric.
    07-24-18_10-21-15nbspAM.png

07-24-18_10-15-52nbspAM.png

Yup, Sims 2, a much older game, has better graphics than Sims 4.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

@CK213 Yes I understand what you mean and yes, Sims 4 textures have less detail and are more smooth (in some close-ups of objects and patterns can even be considered slightly blurry but it's a stretch to say the whole game's textures are blurry because on the whole they're not.) "Blurry textures" has the connotation that something is wrong with them visually. That they've been exported badly, too compressed or just stretched out too much. I will make an (extremely) quick drawing to demonstrate what I mean.

Pupil with few details, smooth. This is what Sims 4 aesthetics are.
    eye1_zpss4knvwpe.jpg?t=1532378785

This is a blurry texture of a pupil. yes it's exaggerated but it's obviously not the same thing.
    eye2_zps4qbo9zrk.jpg

And this is a more detailed pupil. It doesn't mean "better graphics" having more details just makes it a different style, and a matter of taste.
    eye3_zpsd7rmcg2s.jpg
    (we’re completely derailing, hope it’s not a problem; this all has got nothing to do with gameplay)

I strongly disagree Sims 3’s graphics are ‘trash’. Calling it that annoys me to no end because it’s utterly over the top. On highest settings the game looks totally fine (understatement, I love taking screenshots in the game because I so often love what I see) and the lighting often is stunning as well. I understand the difference between art style and graphics, but I also understand the confusion because what’s the point in great graphics when they did such a sloppy job on some aspects like what CK213 is pointing out and the ugly legs I showed compared to the detailed legs in Sims 3? Or a ball pit with the most laughable balls in it in the history of gaming. What do I care about graphics when that’s the result?

That being said, this is not the subject of this topic. Gameplay is. I don’t understand anyone quiting a game because of graphics anyway but that’s me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    @ClarionOfJoy i think i have said in this convo already things but i listed them now to you.
    In sims 4 they have calendar, holiday traditions, they can together decorate christmas tree as a family, pets have fears and obsessions, Cats can can jump on more different objects and crawl under sofa, Sims get different hidden traits from how they act or being raised when they grow up (sims 3 had little similar system), You can see what kind of relation u had whit your sims parents on family tree, u can set you're teen curfew, sims kids and teens have phases where they want to do something like listen loudly music etc, Sims interact more when they eat or wach movie together, Toddler and children can wake up at nights for fear, toddlers have nightmares, u can move freely every world u want whit out losing friend etc, toddlers can sleep in a tent, sims automatic go see their kids and help them if they have nothing to do, toddlers can sleep on bed and go there by them itself (like in real life), you're dog can poop and pee ( xd dunno why this is worth to mention but..) u can sterilize you're pet and go to the vet, toddlers get mad and angry if they are sleepy/ hungry, toddlers whinge sometimes and don't want you to change their diapers, pets can get sick and you can pick out of 3 options how u cure them on vet, sims family can sing christmas song as a family, u can breast feed baby, u can to pregnancy test, u can go to the hospital to give birth and see that (not just rabbit hole), Toddlers and kids can do mess on a floor that u need to clean up, toddlers can walk on stairs when they movement skill grow, there are some things that make my game more realistic and detailed day to day life. i list more when i remember all
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    As much as I advocate for dynamic worlds, one thing that is clear to me is that in TS2 you have LOADS more time during the day. Their lifespan was shorter, but when you went places, you could stay as long as you want and then come home and do it all over again. Realistic? No. Awesome? Absolutely. I get so much more joy out of that than like, going to work, coming home "tense", watching tv or gardening, rinse, repeat. I always feel like the M-F grind is too much like real life. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun and escapist. What am I supposed to feel when my sim is more successful than I am irl, and I work my 🐸🐸🐸🐸 off my whole life? It really makes me wonder 🐸🐸🐸🐸 I am doing with my time. But in TS2, I never feel that way, cause I'll never own a magic potion shop irl.
  • Options
    @ClarionOfJoy i think i have said in this convo already things but i listed them now to you.
    In sims 4 they have calendar, holiday traditions, they can together decorate christmas tree as a family, pets have fears and obsessions, Cats can can jump on more different objects and crawl under sofa, Sims get different hidden traits from how they act or being raised when they grow up (sims 3 had little similar system), You can see what kind of relation u had whit your sims parents on family tree, u can set you're teen curfew, sims kids and teens have phases where they want to do something like listen loudly music etc, Sims interact more when they eat or wach movie together, Toddler and children can wake up at nights for fear, toddlers have nightmares, u can move freely every world u want whit out losing friend etc, toddlers can sleep in a tent, sims automatic go see their kids and help them if they have nothing to do, toddlers can sleep on bed and go there by them itself (like in real life), you're dog can poop and pee ( xd dunno why this is worth to mention but..) u can sterilize you're pet and go to the vet, toddlers get mad and angry if they are sleepy/ hungry, toddlers whinge sometimes and don't want you to change their diapers, pets can get sick and you can pick out of 3 options how u cure them on vet, sims family can sing christmas song as a family, u can breast feed baby, u can to pregnancy test, u can go to the hospital to give birth and see that (not just rabbit hole), Toddlers and kids can do mess on a floor that u need to clean up, toddlers can walk on stairs when they movement skill grow, there are some things that make my game more realistic and detailed day to day life. i list more when i remember all

That's a great list, thank you! So you see how you just made Sims 4 look good? That's how you do it. Just talk about the thing you like/love about it and not drag the other iterations into it. :)
  • Options
    As much as I advocate for dynamic worlds, one thing that is clear to me is that in TS2 you have LOADS more time during the day. Their lifespan was shorter, but when you went places, you could stay as long as you want and then come home and do it all over again. Realistic? No. Awesome? Absolutely. I get so much more joy out of that than like, going to work, coming home "tense", watching tv or gardening, rinse, repeat. I always feel like the M-F grind is too much like real life. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun and escapist. What am I supposed to feel when my sim is more successful than I am irl, and I work my plum off my whole life? It really makes me wonder plum I am doing with my time. But in TS2, I never feel that way, cause I'll never own a magic potion shop irl.

this is why i would want that sims housework and needs would take less time so i could do more thing that i want. i like run my own business and raise big family at the same time and that that its more realistic than other sims but i would need some story telling that is not only
    controlled by me. I would want that sims got some fears and making stories would not be that easy and you would need make work to make things to happen like u wish to happen and sims would have some kinda of own free will that you need to take note to get things happen. I think sims 2 succeed on that.
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    As much as I advocate for dynamic worlds, one thing that is clear to me is that in TS2 you have LOADS more time during the day. Their lifespan was shorter, but when you went places, you could stay as long as you want and then come home and do it all over again. Realistic? No. Awesome? Absolutely. I get so much more joy out of that than like, going to work, coming home "tense", watching tv or gardening, rinse, repeat. I always feel like the M-F grind is too much like real life. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun and escapist. What am I supposed to feel when my sim is more successful than I am irl, and I work my plum off my whole life? It really makes me wonder plum I am doing with my time. But in TS2, I never feel that way, cause I'll never own a magic potion shop irl.

this is why i would want that sims housework and needs would take less time so i could do more thing that i want. i like run my own business and raise big family at the same time and that that its more realistic than other sims but i would need some story telling that is not only
    controlled by me. I would want that sims got some fears and making stories would not be that easy and you would need make work to make things to happen like u wish to happen and sims would have some kinda of own free will that you need to take note to get things happen. I think sims 2 succeed on that.

Sims 2 succeeded on a lot of things that we have had to shell out a lot of money to get back in TS4. I didn't play TS3, so I'm leaving that out of my comments on purpose.
  • Options

Sims 2 succeeded on a lot of things that we have had to shell out a lot of money to get back in TS4. I didn't play TS3, so I'm leaving that out of my comments on purpose.

maybe if they would take best features of all sims games to make sims 5 :smiley: i really hope that but don't want to get my hopes too high
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png