We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Over 20 Sims froze to death in one day??

alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member
First of all let me start by saying that I love having some extra ways to die in my game, but this totally got out of hand, to the point where i couldn't save the game for about 24 Sim hours because Sims were dying non-stop and waiting to be reaped.
So basically i just opened my game and loaded the family i wanted to play and soon Sims around my lot started freezing to death. I just ignored it but in the end there were over 20 urns and tombstones around my lot and I don't want their gosts walking around or coming into my House.
So I collected all of them and put them in a cemetary that I downloaded from the gallery just to get rid of them. In my opinion this is very unbalanced. Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?

Also after one point the Grim Reaper bugged and wouldn't reap the rest of the sims even if I tried to reset him, he was just standing on the same spot for many hours. The only solution was to add him to my family since that automatically turned all the dead Sims into urns/tombstones and I could finally save my game.

06_28_18_7_42_42_PM.png
Screenshot_004.png

Post edited by alexandra5 on

Comments

• alexandra5alexandra5 Posts: 234 Member

Yea, I didn't see this thread thanks for linking it. Well at least I'm not the only one, let's hope this will get fixed soon.
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    alexandra5 wrote: »

Yea, I didn't see this thread thanks for linking it. Well at least I'm not the only one, let's hope this will get fixed soon.

SimGuruNick has acknowledged the problem, so hopefully it will be fixed soon. I've got my game on hold until then.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I think you can uncheck temperature effects on Sims in the options menu
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    This is a known problem. My sims are dying like flies .... I have to play with the mod to prevent death of my rotation sims. Non of non ever played sims dying in my game, only rotational sims dying :( If you play with no mods, send SimGuruNick your game save.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Hmm, I don't mind ugly generated Sims dying by scores *innocent whistle*

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

This is a known problem. My sims are dying like flies .... I have to play with the mod to prevent death of my rotation sims. Non of non ever played sims dying in my game, only rotational sims dying :( If you play with no mods, send SimGuruNick your game save.

Yeah...I am playing with mods.
    edited June 2018
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't mind ugly generated Sims dying by scores *innocent whistle*

Hahaha same as long as it doesn't affect my Sims and unfortunately it does cuz sometimes they will literally die in front of my door and my sims will walk outside to witness the deaths etc.. and it also frustrated me that I couldn't save the game. I like to save every 10-15 minutes because my computer unexpectedly crashes sometimes and I hate losing progress :'(

But anyway I don't think I will turn off the temperature effects. Instead I will use this situation as an opportunity to reduce the amount of Sims on every world because my game has become kind of overpopulated (0 empty houses, every house has usually 8 Sims living in it even if it's a small one).
    So they might as well just die and I can fill up that 64x64 cemetary :D
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,888 Member
    I haven't had that happen in my winters. If one of my sims goes out without a coat I click on him and change outfits and it appears to affect all future goings outdoors. I haven't seen any deaths by cold yet. No mods though.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,593 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, apart from when Sims gather en masse because one already died, it seems to be mostly either particular mod interference or maybe just having enough stuff in their to mess with game timing. QA haven't been able to reproduce the dying joggers in winter part of what's been reported.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.