Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Life State Poll (Not) on Twitter !

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I can'T believe the imaginary friend made it to the final poll! :|:|:|

Hahahaha me neither xD

Anyway, witches are winning so all is well :relaxed:

For those who'd like to vote:

I voted mermaids again, even though it’s obvious witches will win again. I love witches, too, so it’s all good. :blush:

I just hope mermaids (and maybe fairies) would still be added later down the road after witches were done. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    ravelravel Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2018
    I really wish they could do these polls the way they did with community stuff pack polls, using some site that doesn't require registration. They could drop a link to the polls on twitter and here on the forums. Using twitter only gets opinions of social media people and it seems there's little time to vote, so maybe some people on twitter don't even realize there's a new poll before it ends.

It would be nice if some of you with twitter could maybe ask Grant if he coul do these polls some site that doesn't require registration, I would really appreciate it :relaxed:

I think it's a great idea to give community the option to tell what they want, but using only social media feels like my (and others who aren't in there) opinions don't matter, like we're shut out. And we can't even tell them that, because we're not in twitter and can't comment. I love the community here on the forums (even though it's quite passionate sometimes :grin: ) but I feel like many simgurus are only using twitter.

And back to topic: I really want witches, so I'm happy it's getting so many votes! I didn't play TS3 so I'm not familiar how imaginary friends, fairies and mermaids would work. Fairies would be nice I think if they were more like elves. Also robots sounds interesting, I remember servos we had in previous games

Werewolves would go nicely with vampires. I feel like we need some "darker" lifestates. Even though I'm quite happy with the games overall happy feeling, sometimes I want to do something different, and vampires have been good way to do that.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    ravel wrote: »
    I really wish they could do these polls the way they did with community stuff pack polls, using some site that doesn't require registration. They could drop a link to the polls on twitter and here on the forums. Using twitter only gets opinions of social media people and it seems there's little time to vote, so maybe some people on twitter don't even realize there's a new poll before it ends.

I just joined twitter to post my sims screenshots there (from xbone) so I can post them on this forum....I wouldn't have known about these polls if it had not been posted here...

But "social media people" who follow the gurus would also be simmers I assume, so I am not so worried about the representation of all kinds of simmers and that may be a stronger variety at twitter than on a specified forum...but I agree it would be nicer if they made polls on sites that need no registrations and link them via twitter and in the forum.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    I voted imaginary friends i really liked those back in ts3 with the added challenge of bringing them alive
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited July 2018
    TheoMist wrote: »
    The options I saw was -

Fairy
    Imaginary Friend
    Witch
    Mermaid

No Werewolf option! :(

Werewolves were in the first poll.
    But...they uhh..they lost.

Really? aw poo, ok then My choice out of these would have to be Mermaids of course, :)
    P.S. Also I wish to thank Everyone for posting on My thread, I appreciate it very much, I am glad that there are others out there like Me who help out when they can, again it is much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    It's pretty secure to say Witches will make a comeback. The matter is more; when, not if.
  • Options
    I like Witches as well, But I really want them (All) back in , I am just greedy that way I guess, :)
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited July 2018
    Since Werewolves lost, I'd be surprised if they ever got a pack for themselves. They may end up being more of a side thing. Grant also mentioned that they can't make every occult as detailed as Vampires was, presumably because some of them are less complex than Vampyrs (reference for ya) and Witches, like Werewolves.

If I had an account, I'd vote for Witches out of the four.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    ravel wrote: »

It would be nice if some of you with twitter could maybe ask Grant if he coul do these polls some site that doesn't require registration, I would really appreciate it :relaxed:

I think it's a great idea to give community the option to tell what they want, but using only social media feels like my (and others who aren't in there) opinions don't matter, like we're shut out. And we can't even tell them that, because we're not in twitter and can't comment. I love the community here on the forums (even though it's quite passionate sometimes :grin: ) but I feel like many simgurus are only using twitter.

And back to topic: I really want witches, so I'm happy it's getting so many votes! I didn't play TS3 so I'm not familiar how imaginary friends, fairies and mermaids would work. Fairies would be nice I think if they were more like elves. Also robots sounds interesting, I remember servos we had in previous games

Werewolves would go nicely with vampires. I feel like we need some "darker" lifestates. Even though I'm quite happy with the games overall happy feeling, sometimes I want to do something different, and vampires have been good way to do that.

You could just quickly make an account, vote, and then never use that account again. Like I'm doing right now. Your opinion isn't being "shut out", you can join in too.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    For anyone that's curious and doesn't want to make an account to see:

As of writing this:

Witches: 51%

Mermaids: 29%

Fairies: 10%

Imaginary Friends: 10%

• Options
    edited July 2018
    That May be, But in My opinion, We should not have to make a account if We do not wish to, there should be Polls on the Sims Forums page as well, that is what My point was for making this Thread, but thanks Everyone for sharing, much appreciated.:)
    P.S. I gave you a Awesome , thanks for sharing that info with us.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Since Werewolves lost, I'd be surprised if they ever got a pack for themselves. They may end up being more of a side thing. Grant also mentioned that they can't make every occult as detailed as Vampires was, presumably because some of them are less complex than Vampyrs (reference for ya) and Witches, like Werewolves.

The nice thing about werewolves is that even if they don't get a super detailed version like vampires at the very least we can make proper packs for them using the Get Together club system.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    If Witches were already in game, I think Werewolves would have gotten a much higher percentage. There seem to be many Witch fans that want Weres to return as well.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    GeckogamesGeckogames Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Anmirla said:
    > If Witches were already in game, I think Werewolves would have gotten a much higher percentage. There seem to be many Witch fans that want Weres to return as well.

Right, if I had a twitter account, it would have been hard for me to choose between werewolves and witches. I need both of them now.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I think it’s a good point that they could post links to an external survey to include more voters. But, having said that, it’s pretty easy to make a Twitter account for the sole purpose of following SimGurus. A great way to feel involved with the game these days is to use Twitter. It’s absolutely full of interaction with the devs and community manager and other simmers. Well worth making an account, I think. I find it more engaging than using the forums, and I’ve been a dedicated forums user for some time now!
  • Options
    3KNPen wrote: »

The nice thing about werewolves is that even if they don't get a super detailed version like vampires at the very least we can make proper packs for them using the Get Together club system.

This is true.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I wish they would also do a poll on the forums and maybe combine the results. It's not fair to people who can't use twitter. I feel like I miss out on so much. :(
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I refuse to use Twitter and Facebook, cause only trouble comes from those in My opinion, I have seen on the News of facebook being sued for this and for that many times, so no I wont use them ever, nope. As far as Werewolves Go I am still hoping they show up in the game sometime soon anyway, :) , I can not wait for Mermaids to show up as well, But I guess I just have to wait longer, :(
  • Options
    wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I think it’s a good point that they could post links to an external survey to include more voters. But, having said that, it’s pretty easy to make a Twitter account for the sole purpose of following SimGurus. A great way to feel involved with the game these days is to use Twitter. It’s absolutely full of interaction with the devs and community manager and other simmers. Well worth making an account, I think. I find it more engaging than using the forums, and I’ve been a dedicated forums user for some time now!
    Personally I had some annoying issues with a Twitter registration.
    Last year I wanted to create a Twitter because suddenly you couldn't check other people's "Tweets & Replies" without being logged in. So I created a Twitter and within less than 10 minutes my account was suddenly disabled and I got a mail that I'm a bot account. Took me weeks (!) and multiple mails to get it back. Weird story and I don't know how often it happens, but there's this side too.
    I also hate to be forced to sign up for even more social media stuff. I don't use Twitter but just being able to read updates from other people "forced" me to get an account which still annoys me so much.

The best option is still to either make a survey on an external site without registration or make the same poll available on their official Sims forum here as well which should take less than a minute.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Last year I wanted to create a Twitter because suddenly you couldn't check other people's "Tweets & Replies" without being logged in. So I created a Twitter and within less than 10 minutes my account was suddenly disabled and I got a mail that I'm a bot account. Took me weeks (!) and multiple mails to get it back. Weird story and I don't know how often it happens, but there's this side too.

That happened to me, too. I created my account for the polls only, so after registering I went straight to them, voted and logged out again. When I tried to log in for the next poll the next day, twitter said my account had gotten deactivated for "suspicious activity". I was able to re-activate it by passing a captcha, so it was a minor inconvenience only.

If anyone wants to register just for the purpose of voting, be sure to do these steps:
    - Fill in your personal information and upload an avatar
    - Post a "first tweet". Even if it sais "Obligatory post so the system recognizes me as a human. Don't want to talk to anybody." As long as the system sees you posting, it's at peace.
    - Follow some other accounts
    After doing all this I never had any problems anymore even though my account is dead until a new poll pops up.