Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Life State Poll (Not) on Twitter !

Comments

• catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

In My opinion, I do not think it is Fair that SimGuruGrant seems to be doing this Poll (Only) mind you on Twitter, and Nothing on the Forums, The Poll is for which New Life State that is (Not) in the Sims 4 do people wish to see Next, So I have Decided to post this thread to see what others would Vote for if they could, Here are the Choices We get from the Poll>

1. Werewolves
    2.Fairies
    3. Witches
    4. Genie

Those are the choices from the Sims 4 Community page, there are suppose to be like 3 polls I guess, So what do you think bout these Life States, which one would you Vote for? My choice of course would be Werewolves, since I only get 1 choice, :)

None of the above
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited June 2018
    Opps -thought the first one didn't post
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Here's how I voted:

Poll 1: Werewolves

Poll 2: Robots

Sadly, the stuff I want i never what the crowd wants...Looks like I'm never getting my werewolf GP!! DX
    This is also how I voted, can I join in the commiserating corner ?
  • DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member

Has not been done before?

Sims 3 Island Paradise would like to have a word with you. ;)
    Woah... Mermaids are so lame I actually forgot they were added to TS3! ;)
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    Here's how I voted:

Poll 1: Werewolves

Poll 2: Robots

Sadly, the stuff I want i never what the crowd wants...Looks like I'm never getting my werewolf GP!! DX
    This is also how I voted, can I join in the commiserating corner ?

Yes. Yes you may. *hands you a tissue*

It seems whenever they poll people about content, the really awesome stuff gets buried. In my opinion Magic/Witchcraft should just be a skill instead of giving magic users their own separate lifestate. Then, we can have vampire witches and werewolf warlocks! Imagine how awesome that would be! And just the idea of having sophisticated android sims and the story possibilities there...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i also voted werewolves/ robots

many voted 'witches' on the first for all kinds of reasons, ranging from the harry potter franchise to sabrina the teenage witch, bewitched, charmed and other witch-related tv shows, to them being a beloved lifestate in previous sims games.

and then mermaids, pretty sure that, as some pointed out here, that they are far in the lead in the second poll because "this means they have to make swimmable oceans, tropical resorts, etcetera" (which were many, many comments i saw on the second poll on simsvip)
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I voted mermaids and witches!
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I voted werewolves and robots. I have to admit, I'm surprised and disappointed that fairies are beating werewolves. I really hoped we could have a chance at some more wolfish, scarier werewolves as well as other shapeshifters.

And honestly...I don't get the mermaid obsession. What do they even do? I honestly don't care about a tropical island thing either and it discourages me to see that that's the reason some people are voting for mermaids. What if we get a pack for these fish people and it has nothing to do with a vacation island? Would they still be interesting? I wish people would vote more directly for a preference and not for something they hope might come along with it.

Alas.
    #Team Occult
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2018
    crebo19 wrote: »
    TheoMist wrote: »
    crebo19 wrote: »
    No love for Mermaids?

He's started a second poll now!

Zombies 10%

Robots 14%

Mermaids 57%

Imaginary Friend 19%

I saw that! I was actually replying to Cupids reply to my post.

Question: how many pick "mermaid" because they think we'll get swimmable oceans?
    Question: how many pick "mermaid" because it has not been done before?

We had them in Sims 3. They are not new. I enjoyed them in IP.

I actually love all the supernaturals - so I personally hope we eventually get them all - although someone post that on twitter today, and Grant said as much as they'd like to make them all - we will probably get 4 eventually.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I chose witches and mermaids. I think witches will be cool and I have so many storyline ideas for witches. I chose mermaids because I think it would be cool to come as a feature in a pack (but not necessarily have its own pack). I think I like mermaids because I loved Mako mermaids when I was younger and I was obsessed with that show. And I think it would be cool to kind of live under water and explore the ocean.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    Tomorrow on twitter Grant is having a Q & A with Simmer from 3 pm - 4 pm. California time.

So if you guys have comments or questions you need to go to twitter. They use twitter now as it covers simmers around the world - so Twitter is apparently now the official forum - as not every one sees the forums but twitter get nearly 30,000 or more simmer where here they just get a few hundred. So if you want EA and the Devs to hear you - you'll probably need to go to twitter.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• HaskorentaroHaskorentaro Posts: 250 Member
    Finally, I got $$ to drop on day1 release been saving up and skipped season.
    tumblr_n5aovvMXfM1rwvdy0o1_500.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm not interested in werewolves...but I'd actually love it if a werewolf pack would bring about a patch that brings body hair back. I'd rather not use CC tattoos to do the job. :grimace:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • BrindletonBrindleton Posts: 415 Member
    edited June 2018
    Honestly a very broad general magic pack would be much better than all this. Like creating a club or holiday, creating our own custom supernatural sims would be amazing.
    edited June 2018
    Brindleton wrote: »
    Honestly a very broad general magic pack would be much better than all this. Like creating a club or holiday, creating our own custom supernatural sims would be amazing.

I totally disagree. I want all my occults to have the full vampire treatment. Too much gets left out in a multi-occult pack. Maybe people who don't love the occults as much can't see that - but to me I totally flipped over Vamps and I cannot wait to have as many occults as they will give us get that same kind of treatment and pack. I still wish the aliens had their own pack - but they are what they are and I will just appreciate the full gp treatment for what others we get thenceforth.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2018
    I voted for Witches and Mermaids but there was a hint of Fairies, so may be Witches and Fairies might be possible? They should be together in a pack for fairytale storylines. Personally, Mermaids was the best of a bad bunch as Zombies kept spawning and ruining Sims 3, Robots made Sims3 unplayable as the pack was too much for my PC to handle, Mermaids I never played and I didn't play with kids much either to get the imaginary friend.

Current state at time of posting

Zombies 9%

Robots 15%

Mermaids 58%

Imaginary Friend 18%

16,159 votes

12 hours left
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I would have voted witches on the first one (obviously) if I had seen it in time. Because witches :love:

Two I voted robots even if it's clear mermaids are going to win. Never seen the appeal of mermaids and I doubt I ever will but to each their own of course. If people want them, they should add them.

However, I think mermaids will lose a poll against witches. At least I hope so ^^
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    Strange he said "Witches and likely fairies" won the first poll when the gap between witches and fairies was much larger than that between fairies and werewolves (a mere 5%). So it's obvious witches are the majority's choice, no argueing here. But I wouldn't say that fairies are much more popular than werewolves. Ah, well, if it means I might still get my fairies I probably shouldn't complain.

Voted robots this time around.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Strange he said "Witches and likely fairies" won the first poll when the gap between witches and fairies was much larger than that between fairies and werewolves (a mere 5%). So it's obvious witches are the majority's choice, no argueing here. But I wouldn't say that fairies are much more popular than werewolves. Ah, well, if it means I might still get my fairies I probably shouldn't complain.

Voted robots this time around.

He means that those will be the two winners of that round to go into the final round.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    Also tbh I tink the imaginary friend shouldn't even be included xD I mean is that really a life state the same way the others are? Maybe I don't get it :D
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Also tbh I tink the imaginary friend shouldn't even be included xD I mean is that really a life state the same way the others are? Maybe I don't get it :D

Yeah...when I saw it there I was like "what???"
    Could have included something like Leprechauns, Ogres, Elves, Trolls, Nymphs, I don't know anything but Imaginary Friends :D
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    edited June 2018
    LiELF wrote: »
    I voted werewolves and robots. I have to admit, I'm surprised and disappointed that fairies are beating werewolves. I really hoped we could have a chance at some more wolfish, scarier werewolves as well as other shapeshifters.

And honestly...I don't get the mermaid obsession. What do they even do? I honestly don't care about a tropical island thing either and it discourages me to see that that's the reason some people are voting for mermaids. What if we get a pack for these fish people and it has nothing to do with a vacation island? Would they still be interesting? I wish people would vote more directly for a preference and not for something they hope might come along with it.

Alas.

There are a few discussion in this section of the forum where you can find some interesting ideas for mermaids!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16421483#Comment_16421483
    This is a more recent discussion, and it's definitely what I would like to see!
    (you don't have to like them, but some people like me want fleshed out mermaids)
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah...when I saw it there I was like "what???"
    Could have included something like Leprechauns, Ogres, Elves, Trolls, Nymphs, I don't know anything but Imaginary Friends :D

Glad I'm not the only one xD and yes, elves would have been a mile better than imaginary friends!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I actually think that fairies could essentially be added to the witches pack. In terms of the computer work to create them, they are probably quite similar. It's mostly aesthetic art features that would differ. I don't think those need to end up as either/or.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    One Job, they had one job.
    tumblr_inline_nnjhf7PVzM1sdkz3a_400.gif
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif