Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

JETSET SEASON 3 ** THE FINAL EPISODE HAS AIRED NOW **

Comments

• M13VulpeculaM13Vulpecula Posts: 19,715 Member
    kittymeow wrote: »
    I'm wondering if people are worried about putting time into creating characters and stories to potentionally not get chosen, not sure if this is the reason why Alleen is dropping out but if it is I can see how it us frustrating. :/

You got a point, though I do hope that this will motivate people to do their biggest bests making up characters.
    Banner.png
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Making two characters at the same time (not just making them but also their story and what makes them really special) can take time and for me, it's a bit hard at the moment because I'm not really inspired just yet. I feel like creating more interesting characters will always make your sims a lot more memorable and amusing and that's what I try to aim for.

Connie was a really plain, normal sim without too much of a story before Jetset but Vul's writing changed her and it went pretty well I think.
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Normally I like to mix it up and add variety to my sims. And for each sim, I usually pick about 2 salient traits that form the core of their personality. I usually have their physical appearance and clothing tailored, although sometimes I might do looks before personality first (like what I did with Lana Lavender, which admittedly, is mostly me amusing myself with her backstory).

I think I've pretty much settled on my twin's personality and hair colors at this point. All that's left is to make them tomorrow and to flesh them out. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    edited June 2018
    I sometimes struggle trying to come up with interesting characters, I struggled with the two that I made for this. If I don't get inspiration I just can't make them, I get a kind of writer's block. That's why I often draw inspiration from characters I have played in the past in RL (The two I submitted are heavily copied from characters myself and my brother played about 6 years ago) so I already have some of their personality worked out. It's just a lot easier for me than starting from scratch. :p

Like I said to Vul when I submitted my twins there was a heck of a lot of writing this time around and backstory to put into them (So much so that my fingers were hurting from typing so much :D ) so I too would be disappointed if they weren't chosen.

I can understand why Vul needs all that backstory for the twins though like I have found if you don't know enough about a certain character you are writing for it can be easy to not include them in the story as often for fear of not knowing what to do with them. The more fleshed out a character is the easier it is for a writer to use them in the plot. :)
    Christmas_Banner.png
    ChocoCub wrote: »
    Making two characters at the same time (not just making them but also their story and what makes them really special) can take time and for me, it's a bit hard at the moment because I'm not really inspired just yet. I feel like creating more interesting characters will always make your sims a lot more memorable and amusing and that's what I try to aim for.

Connie was a really plain, normal sim without too much of a story before Jetset but Vul's writing changed her and it went pretty well I think.

I hope that you'll find a way to gain some more inspiration soon!

Can't deny that Connie wasn't very outstanding and with an extreme backstory, but then again are several other Sims who did well story-wise also people you could meet in real life and are relatable. Every S2 Jetsetter had this 'role' as a basis and as their story in the season developed, their role grew along with it. (For example: Connie's the sweet yet nervous girl, Kain's smooth and sneaky, Salma is witty and slightly quirky, Hector is inspiring yet secretive).

So, for example, if HEALTH-E is one character, but someone else also has a robot character with science/medicine ties, it might get harder for them to stand apart from eachother. In that case HEALTH-E could have his more comedic and learning contexts fleshed out, while the other robit for example could have the focus on a 'how human is a robot' dilemma.
    Banner.png
  • kittymeowkittymeow Posts: 7,338 Member
    I got pretty carried away with the writing for my twins, I don't know if I wrote as much as you guys but I wrote a lot I think. I already had my sims in my head for a while, the way they look and act. I created and dressed them first because I already knew what their personalities were like.

I've already spoke to vul and told him I don't mind if he doesn't choose mine, he seems to like them though so fingers crossed. :D

Icey and Twiddle I know the twins from you will be awesome and full of personality.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Normally I like to mix it up and add variety to my sims. And for each sim, I usually pick about 2 salient traits that form the core of their personality. I usually have their physical appearance and clothing tailored, although sometimes I might do looks before personality first (like what I did with Lana Lavender, which admittedly, is mostly me amusing myself with her backstory).

I think I've pretty much settled on my twin's personality and hair colors at this point. All that's left is to make them tomorrow and to flesh them out. :D

That's a solid way to get personalities rolling. Start off with a basis and then connect the more fleshed out parts to the basis you have already. That makes that a personality feels like a whole being, and not just like a bunch of random traits; you need to have that piece which makes it all click together.

Looking forward to see them created and all! :smiley:
    Banner.png
    twiddle3 wrote: »
    I sometimes struggle trying to come up with interesting characters, I struggled with the two that I made for this. If I don't get inspiration I just can't make them, I get a kind of writer's block. That's why I often draw inspiration from characters I have played in the past in RL (The two I submitted are heavily copied from characters myself and my brother played about 6 years ago) so I already have some of their personality worked out. It's just a lot easier for me than starting from scratch. :p

Like I said to Vul when I submitted my twins there was a heck of a lot of writing this time around and backstory to put into them (So much so that my fingers were hurting from typing so much :D ) so I too would be disappointed if they weren't chosen.

I can understand why Vul needs all that backstory for the twins though like I have found if you don't know enough about a certain character you are writing for it can be easy to not include them in the story as often for fear of not knowing what to do with them. The more fleshed out a character is the easier it is for a writer to use them in the plot. :)

It cannot hurt to look at the world around you for inspiration. :) Although copying a character can be very unoriginal if you don't beware, just finding the right way to balance them out with a few other influences and make them unique is a way to make a character be much stronger and more original.
    Banner.png
    edited June 2018
    I got pretty carried away with the writing for my twins, I don't know if I wrote as much as you guys but I wrote a lot I think. I already had my sims in my head for a while, the way they look and act. I created and dressed them first because I already knew what their personalities were like.

I've already spoke to vul and told him I don't mind if he doesn't choose mine, he seems to like them though so fingers crossed. :D

Icey and Twiddle I know the twins from you will be awesome and full of personality.

Don't worry, most of the apps contained a bucket full of writing. ;) It's exciting tbh. I already get ideas for what tomfoolery they shall get up to. :smiley:
    Banner.png
    My very first idea was to have twins who are exactly the same, identical, wear the exact same clothes, same hair style, can't tell them apart, finish eachother sentence kinda thing but I thought someone would have already thought of that so I scrapped it but to anyone who is struggling, feel free to use this idea, I think they'd be pretty entertaining. :)
  • HayloHuskyHayloHusky Posts: 14,656 Member
    My very first idea was to have twins who are exactly the same, identical, wear the exact same clothes, same hair style, can't tell them apart, finish eachother sentence kinda thing but I thought someone would have already thought of that so I scrapped it but to anyone who is struggling, feel free to use this idea, I think they'd be pretty entertaining. :)

My original idea was the same thing. I have a pair of twins that have been in a few shows Ali and Ava who are pretty much like this. Ali is the dumber of the two, and Ava is the more assertive one, but for the most part they're inseparable and identical. They usually operate as one contestant though, but in this case they'd have to play separately so I decided against using them. They've also never been in a completed show XD Simvivor and Abnormality were both cancelled with them in it. And they were on my show Mini Mole but their player had to quit ;_: So it would be nice to have them in a show where they actually make it through a season XD
  • twiddle3twiddle3 Posts: 8,293 Member
    HayloHusky wrote: »

My original idea was the same thing. I have a pair of twins that have been in a few shows Ali and Ava who are pretty much like this. Ali is the dumber of the two, and Ava is the more assertive one, but for the most part they're inseparable and identical. They usually operate as one contestant though, but in this case they'd have to play separately so I decided against using them. They've also never been in a completed show XD Simvivor and Abnormality were both cancelled with them in it. And they were on my show Mini Mole but their player had to quit ;_: So it would be nice to have them in a show where they actually make it through a season XD

If I ever host another season of Escape the Room, You should submit Ali & Ava, Bet they would be great at solving puzzles (and if not, Fantastic comic relief) ;)
    Christmas_Banner.png

That's awesome, I so want to see them. That's a shame that all the shows they've been on never continued, hopefully you will be able to use them again sometime in the future. I don't even know what this is going to be like, I tried asking Vul before If they will work together or not but he was pretty secretive about it, lol.

One thing I do wonder though, say we play them both but as separate contestants but one of them wants to be the mole what happens if they get selected? Your other twin would know, I don't get how this would work playing our twins separately. :D but of course if another player plays with 1 twin then that's OK.

That's awesome, I so want to see them. That's a shame that all the shows they've been on never continued, hopefully you will be able to use them again sometime in the future. I don't even know what this is going to be like, I tried asking Vul before If they will work together or not but he was pretty secretive about it, lol.

One thing I do wonder though, say we play them both but as separate contestants but one of them wants to be the mole what happens if they get selected? Your other twin would know, I don't get how this would work playing our twins separately. :D but of course if another player plays with 1 twin then that's OK.

I think its inevitable that one twin of each person will go home.

Oh, I remember them in the Mini Mole. :D Such a shame...
    ...they were booted out despite them being the Mole.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

I was so mad. They were so fun and it put the season in disarray >.<

Yeah, for real.
    It was kind of unfair to those who already suspected them, but at least it kept everyone on their toes. I was also rooting for Rob, so it's a shame he turned into the new mole, but at least he got a free ride.

Yeah, for real.
    It was kind of unfair to those who already suspected them, but at least it kept everyone on their toes. I was also rooting for Rob, so it's a shame he turned into the new mole, but at least he got a free ride.
    I've had them suspected as Moles since the start, but so had several others. I wonder how the season would've ended if they stayed.

Also: I feel like I can relate to them the most. As in, getting the boot as a Mole and seeing someone else strike up the fame. :o;) [/spoiler♧
    Banner.png

Yeah, for real.
    I've had them suspected as Moles since the start, but so had several others. I wonder how the season would've ended if they stayed.

Also: I feel like I can relate to them the most. As in, getting the boot as a Mole and seeing someone else strike up the fame. :o;) [/spoiler♧

Oh, that's right. Pacco.

...Pacco :'(

Yeah, for real.

Oh, that's right. Pacco.

...Pacco :'(

Although... considering the time line and that Jetset's a little behind in comparison to The Mole....
    Banner.png
  • ninjakid150ninjakid150 Posts: 1,219 Member
    Reserve me a spot please too I think I’d like double make too if I can
    tumblr_inline_njsn9s6ijv1rzuis0_by_ninja_kid150-d9fk4a1.gif
    Reserve me a spot please too I think I’d like double make too if I can

Yay! Reserving you right now! :smiley:
    Banner.png
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Ninja! Hi! :smiley: (P.S. I'm a lurker from The Mole)
    Jacob_Banner.png
    Hey everyone,

Well, there's an important announcement I have to make concerning Jetset... :/

I'll get to it at 19:00 my time (which is in 2and a half hours, it's currently 16:23 here).
    Banner.png
  • YJB19299YJB19299 Posts: 5,801 Member
    Hey everyone,

Well, there's an important announcement I have to make concerning Jetset... :/

I'll get to it at 19:00 my time (which is in 2and a half hours, it's currently 16:23 here).

A half down emoji? Oh man, whatever this is, it probably is not good news :o
    c6fj8ujnodut.png