Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love Day in TS4 Seasons

According to one of the blogs Love Day is confirmed to be in TS4 Seasons even though it wasn't shown on the trailer. I hope it's much better then it was in TS3 Seasons. In TS3 the only thing they could do on Love Day is a Slow Dance Contest and the Love Tester Machine. I hope there is much more this go around.

I especially hope this is the pack that will bring lip sofas,vibrating heart shaped beds and a heart shaped fireplace. Also I'm hoping it will add slowdancing and in bed animations,also perhaps a romantic watch stars together and an npc cupid sim for Love Day and bring back that Love Tester Machine.

I"m hoping we find out more about Love Day in the Next Trailer or Livestream.

Comments

• MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I wouldn't really count on Love Tester Machine, as we have Love Guru on the Romance Festival in CL. They kinda play the same role in my opinion. I really hope for the slowdancing though.
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    Don't want to be a downer but I don't see any of that being added. It would be cool though.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yeah I just don't see any of this happening at best we will get a few decorations a costume they love those and something that works with gift giving like flowers and a kiss. I'm really missing slow dancing and bed animations as they are lifeless once in bed but in a Seasons pack its just not happening.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'd like candy boxes as a gift and consumable :) Heart-shaped ones bonus. Maybe we'll finally get a heart-shaped bed in decor too?

I honestly would be surprised, though, if we ever get slow dancing. I don't think the huge range we have in the push-pull CAS for body types makes it likely.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

I honestly would be surprised, though, if we ever get slow dancing. I don't think the huge range we have in the push-pull CAS for body types makes it likely.

I've never thought about it to be honest, but it makes sense (unfortunately).
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    You might be able to order flowers from a florist sim to give to your loved one. And with the cupcake machine, you could give them a cupcake instead of candy. With Dine Out, you can take them out to dinner. You can even order a chef to come to your house to cook. With C&D's you can take a romantic walk along the beach in Brindleton Bay and head to the lighthouse to set the world alight with your love. I think we have a lot to do for Love Day.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd like candy boxes as a gift and consumable :) Heart-shaped ones bonus. Maybe we'll finally get a heart-shaped bed in decor too?

If we get a heart bed I want it to be more then décor. I want it to vibrate and light up.
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    You might be able to order flowers from a florist sim to give to your loved one. And with the cupcake machine, you could give them a cupcake instead of candy. With Dine Out, you can take them out to dinner. You can even order a chef to come to your house to cook. With C&D's you can take a romantic walk along the beach in Brindleton Bay and head to the lighthouse to set the world alight with your love. I think we have a lot to do for Love Day.

Is this really a thing? Because ive been wishing for sims to be able to go on walks (even by themselves) since launch. Similar to the jogging feature but if they could just walk around the neighborhood instead. Would be a great thing for my elderly sims to do. Get out and get a little "safe" exercise.
  • samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    PlumDiddy wrote: »

Is this really a thing? Because ive been wishing for sims to be able to go on walks (even by themselves) since launch. Similar to the jogging feature but if they could just walk around the neighborhood instead. Would be a great thing for my elderly sims to do. Get out and get a little "safe" exercise.

It's not a thing currently but the seasons quiz had 'take a walk' as one of the options and the blog the other day had Vlad deciding to go for a walk with the girl. So I'm wondering whether they are adding the option to go for walks in this pack.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

It's not a thing currently but the seasons quiz had 'take a walk' as one of the options and the blog the other day had Vlad deciding to go for a walk with the girl. So I'm wondering whether they are adding the option to go for walks in this pack.

Could be.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I really hope slow dance makes a return then as many other romantic options or even Valentine themed items.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'd honestly take love day if it was just a slow dance competition and love tester, because I want slow dancing dang it. :#

Someone should ask Grant if there's going to be slow dancing in this game or eventually because it always feels so odd that it's not in the game. Romance, flirt, go on dinner dates and such, yet no slow dancing.

Interested to see what love day could entail. Think it'd be pretty neat for sims to get secret admirers.
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited June 2018
    I honestly don't see why people think slow dancing or tanning, sunburns, etc....can't be a thing. If modders can add those things (which they did and the tanning/sunburn mod is done pretty well. Slow dancing animation mod is a bit stiff; but works for it's intended purpose), it is possible to have a lot of those things to be eventually added as a feature. Sometimes I feel people just like to make excuses or too pessimistic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSJFQHD7X0g
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Does anyone use the romance festivals? I tend to find only married sims turn up which defeats the purpose for getting single sims together.

A date at a restaurant seems to be the most effective way currently.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I honestly don't see why people think slow dancing or tanning, sunburns, etc....can't be a thing. If modders can add those things (which they did and the tanning/sunburn mod is done pretty well. Slow dancing animation mod is a bit stiff; but works for it's intended purpose), it is possible to have a lot of those things to be eventually added as a feature. Sometimes I feel people just like to make excuses or too pessimistic.

I feel like it's along the lines of why it hasn't been implemented in the game yet for the most part.

I'm more than sure they can do two sims dancing together romantically just wondering why it hasn't yet, because I'd love to see some more romantic options.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • sourgreendollysourgreendolly Posts: 18 Member
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > I'd honestly take love day if it was just a slow dance competition and love tester, because I want slow dancing dang it. :#
    >
    > Someone should ask Grant if there's going to be slow dancing in this game or eventually because it always feels so odd that it's not in the game. Romance, flirt, go on dinner dates and such, yet no slow dancing.
    >
    > Interested to see what love day could entail. Think it'd be pretty neat for sims to get secret admirers.

Secret admirers would be cute! Especially if we have the option to have our sims write a letter to a sim they admire (and get accepted or rejected).
    > @LadyKyn said:
    > I'd honestly take love day if it was just a slow dance competition and love tester, because I want slow dancing dang it. :#
    >
    > Someone should ask Grant if there's going to be slow dancing in this game or eventually because it always feels so odd that it's not in the game. Romance, flirt, go on dinner dates and such, yet no slow dancing.
    >
    > Interested to see what love day could entail. Think it'd be pretty neat for sims to get secret admirers.

Secret admirers would be cute! Especially if we have the option to have our sims write a letter to a sim they admire (and get accepted or rejected).

That would be cute for teen sims to get like a pop up at school saying that they have a secret admire. Writing love letters should make a return. Or online dating where they can try to find other single sims.
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Slooooowwww daaaaaannncciiiiiinnnnngggg pleeeeeeeeeeeease please pretty pretty please please with a cherry on top <3 My weddings just aren't the same without my simmies being able to share a first dance :cry:
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

I'm pretty sure the tanning is possible definitely, the same goes to sunburns. I still believe we'll get it with the beach pack. But slow dancing... well, I also thought it's possible, but the difficulties connected with wide variety of Sims shapes (due to CAS' possibilieties) is a really good point. And the thing is, with the mod you can overlook the things like Sims clipping into each other etc. It's just the mod, after all. But if Maxis would release something like that, well, it wouldn't be received well. I haven't play with the mod you posted, so I'm not sure how it looks, but I remember seeing somewhere that it looks worse with Sims who aren't perfectly slim. I know, the professionals should be able to make it better, but I assume it's the matter of time and cost.
    edited June 2018

I'm pretty sure the tanning is possible definitely, the same goes to sunburns. I still believe we'll get it with the beach pack. But slow dancing... well, I also thought it's possible, but the difficulties connected with wide variety of Sims shapes (due to CAS' possibilieties) is a really good point. And the thing is, with the mod you can overlook the things like Sims clipping into each other etc. It's just the mod, after all. But if Maxis would release something like that, well, it wouldn't be received well. I haven't play with the mod you posted, so I'm not sure how it looks, but I remember seeing somewhere that it looks worse with Sims who aren't perfectly slim. I know, the professionals should be able to make it better, but I assume it's the matter of time and cost.

I rather take a a bit of clipping over nothing at all as it is really lacking (or just even another interaction to make up for it). Not all Sims in sims 3 were thin either and yet that also wan't a problem. I recently made a sim for Henrietta, the goth girl from South Park who is bigger then most other sims. I hadn't tested the mod out with her yet as I am not currently playing her household; but she is one of the members of my sims club and sims had autonomously slow danced with the mod before, so if I see her dancing, I could try and record or take pictures to see how big of issue it would be for some sims.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

To my knowledge, it's not a thing yet. What I do is form a group with my sims date and then they can go to a spot on the beach, hug, kiss, whisper sweet nothings and walk down a ways and repeat, etc. If you go at evening time, as the sun is going down, it can be quite beautiful.
  • Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Well Sims hugging each other does work perfect in game, so I believe there is room there to program new slow dance, contact dance animations as well.
    Tanja1986 wrote: »
    Well Sims hugging each other does work perfect in game, so I believe there is room there to program new slow dance, contact dance animations as well.

I feel like dancing is a bit more complicated than hugging. Don't get me wrong, I'd be really happy to have slow dancing in TS4, but that comment about CAS limitation just got me thinking. I also believe that we have more flexibility with Sims' bodies now than in TS3. I wish I was wrong though ;)
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I've been waiting slow dancing for a very long time I need it in my game as well as other romance interactions. Secret admirer idea is great :smiley:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    i don't think slow dancing will be in it
    more for sim kids and more drama please