This site will go into read-only mode on July 18th as the new Forums.EA.com are now live.

Something that bugs me...

Is that sims are drinking water all the time but pets didn't even get a bowl for water. Like... why do sims drink water and pets don't? I mean, I find anoying how often sims drink water but if you are going to make them drink and least make pets drink too (which would be way less annoying that sims drinking water since you don't even control pets). I find it super weird
My Origin ID is AbyArashi

Comments

• Options
    Strawburry3Strawburry3 Posts: 329 Member
    edited March 2018
    This is probably why dogs drink from the toilet in game. Not out of realism but out of desperation to quench their thirst. Same with cats always licking up the dog’s urine on the front porch. Weirder stories.
    tumblr_mxol5mE3eQ1qdczlgo1_500.gif
    Hey, Nana..
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    This is probably why dogs drink from the toilet in game. Not out of realism but out of desperation to quench their thirst. Same with cats always licking up the dog’s urine on the front porch. Weirder stories.

2rd7pjk.gif
  • Options
    AbyArashiAbyArashi Posts: 386 Member

That..... sounds terrible
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Omg, can't stop laughing. When I first saw that in game gotta admit I did a double take and laughed. Would have been more realistic if dogs ate the poop.
    Face licking time anyone?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    I have to admit this made me cringe. The first time I saw my dog go outside and pee on my porch, he then immediately started rolling and playing in it and, another time, drank from it. I was sitting going "Ewwww gross!". I think when the dog's pee and make a puddle, the puddle itself is just a generic puddle object in the game so the pets don't distinguish that it's not something drinkable.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    ebuchala wrote: »
    I have to admit this made me cringe. The first time I saw my dog go outside and pee on my porch, he then immediately started rolling and playing in it and, another time, drank from it. I was sitting going "Ewwww gross!". I think when the dog's pee and make a puddle, the puddle itself is just a generic puddle object in the game so the pets don't distinguish that it's not something drinkable.

I've seen dogs drink pee and eat poo in real life so I don't know... I would just like to have food bowls that have space for water too because for me it just feels weird that sims drink and pets don't (or only do it from puddles or the toilet)
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,540 Member
    That's so disgusting. I didn't know that would do that. I haven't bought Cats & Dogs, and I think now I probably never will.
  • Options
    That's so disgusting. I didn't know that would do that. I haven't bought Cats & Dogs, and I think now I probably never will.

@ClassicalSim I think they can roll over the pee too and kids can splash on it, probably because as other people said above the game treats pee puddles as normal ones haha
  • Options
    Amaraen82Amaraen82 Posts: 25 Member
    The Sims 3 also used to do that with potty puddles. Someone would lose control of their bladder and have an accident, then someone else would come and splash in it.

At least the color is clear. It'd be truly awful otherwise.
  • Options
    Amaraen82 wrote: »
    The Sims 3 also used to do that with potty puddles. Someone would lose control of their bladder and have an accident, then someone else would come and splash in it.

@Amaraen82 omgggggg dogs drinking and rolling over a yellow puddle...................... I would die of disgust

• Options
    PninaSimmerPninaSimmer Posts: 371 Member
    I'm not complaining as in something EA could/should change, but moreso for my sim's point of view: I hate it when townies come in my sims homes (this happens moreso in apartments though), drink a glass of water and then leave it on the counter where it spoils creating a mess for my sims to clean.
  • Options
    @PninaSimmer I do think EA should fix it because it makes no sense. But I totally get what you mean! I specially hate it when they left it somwhere I can't see it at first sight and I have to search all over the place that spoiled glass of water because my sims won't stop complaining about the bad smell
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    Part of the rolling and drinking from the pee, is to do with their training, you can train them not to do it. It would be nice if they had water bowls. but if they did they would probably also need to potty more, maybe not.
    real dogs do it so it adds realism to the game. It doesn't bother me but I get my sims to train their pets not to do it.
  • Options
    Amaraen82Amaraen82 Posts: 25 Member
    > @AbyArashi said:
    > @PninaSimmer I do think EA should fix it because it makes no sense. But I totally get what you mean! I specially hate it when they left it somwhere I can't see it at first sight and I have to search all over the place that spoiled glass of water because my sims won't stop complaining about the bad smell

Sometimes, especially in apartments it seems, the sims will leave this glass on top of a wall which they cannot get to. I have to manually remove it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 29,102 Member
    Pssst … don't eat yellow snow!
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    Lmao @ this thread.

I found it amiss that pets could not get water to drink too, it could be the same bowl too, just have an option to fill with water instead of food. I actually thought they drank from the toilet as a result of me not giving them water. My sims tend to spoil their pets and let them do what they want - they are so cute. Except for pottying inside - they train them to go outside very early. But I let them eat what they want, sleep where they want, bark if they want and so forth.
  • Options
    aujineh wrote: »
    Lmao @ this thread.

I found it amiss that pets could not get water to drink too, it could be the same bowl too, just have an option to fill with water instead of food. I actually thought they drank from the toilet as a result of me not giving them water. My sims tend to spoil their pets and let them do what they want - they are so cute. Except for pottying inside - they train them to go outside very early. But I let them eat what they want, sleep where they want, bark if they want and so forth.

I honestly don't mind them drinking from the toilet, but I still want the poor pets to have a water bowl. Sims get to drink all the time and the poor animals have to drink from toilets and pee puddles (?)
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    AbyArashi wrote: »
    Amaraen82 wrote: »

@Amaraen82 omgggggg dogs drinking and rolling over a yellow puddle...................... I would die of disgust

The first time I saw my doggo do it, I honestly thought he was going to get the flies/dirt/smelly failure and I would have to bathe him, but no, it didn't affect him like that at all. :D
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper