Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things from older Sims game that you would like to see returned. (Not a complain fest)

Comments

• Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited February 2018
    Dance Sphere
    Pool Slide
    Make Sandcastles at the beach
    Sunbathe
    Music Studio
    Family Board Games
    Remote control car/helicopter
    Ballet
    Lemonade stand
    Trampoline
    Disco/club lights
    Costume chest for kids
    Toddlers spring rider
    see-saw
    Ability to have an elevator in my sims home
    Custom Community lots
  • cherryboyJJcherryboyJJ Posts: 55 Member
    A lot of the stuff from FreeTime expansion in Sims 2 (like pottery, ballet, football, fixing the car etc, hobby enthusiasm), attraction system, SLOW DANCING & spiral staircases for starters!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited February 2018
    I miss...
    * in-depth simology with memories, zodiac signs, attraction system
    * the little animations (like opening a wardrobe to get changed, taking a knife out of a drawer when preparing food, couples cuddling in bed, etc.)
    * shopping for clothes, jewellery, and groceries (paying for taking food out of the fridge like in TS1 just doesn't sit well with me)
    * several careers such as Education, Military, Fashion, and Paranormal, as well as pet jobs
    * running a business from home
    * the cleaning skill (which was rather useless back in TS2, but I can think of several ways it could have been implemented properly)
    * the ability to give a sim from another household an item from your sim's inventory without going to great lengths
    * the ability to create my own apartment buildings
    * robots
    * burglars
    * other kinds of stairs
    * getting calls from friends, just to talk (not invitations to some random event every five minutes)

There's probably more, but those came to my mind right away. Then of course weather and witches, but I'm positive they will be added in the near future.
  • TayoChanTayoChan Posts: 357 Member
    * I do very much miss grocery shopping it gave my stay at home parent sims and housewives/husbands something to do during the day

* on a similar note I wish stuff would get dirty more frequently. I've gone entire games without cleaning some items or only cleaning it once it gave my sims something to do

* jewelry crafting

* Consignment shops

* small animals

* The process of when a child is either taken away by social services or orphaned it will be the child that is adopted next
    All's fair in love, war and mini-games. "Me"
    fN2f7ds.png
  • TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I miss when Sims would go around a new build and approve/disapprove of everything.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    Buying groceries

Burglars

TS2 memories

Firefigthers and police

Military career

Something like TS1 superstar

Magic duels
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I would like the elevators/lifts to return. They saved a lot of space for me. There was a single tile one made for Sims1 (I don't know if Maxis made it or not) that was particularly useful.
  • Flight0fFancyFlight0fFancy Posts: 56 Member
    Architectural Design Profession without the bugs
    Island Paradise/ Swimmable oceans
    Gift Giving
    Creating ponds/ water tool
    Junkyard salvagable furniture
    Memory system in ts2
    Flower arranging
    Mrs. Crumplebottom
    Elevators for home/ Spiral Stairs
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    i would really like to see
    -swings
    -football etc
    -pooltables
    -photobooth
    -that weird spiral bal thing from showtime
    -minor pets wich one is being added in the new stuff pack
    -canes i really want canes
    -memories
    -swings
    -slides for kids and tree houses
    -pull up bar from showtime if that's how its called
    -the greenhouse station
    -and more npc's
    - the tanning booth
    - pizza oven
    - bunkbeds
    - arcade machines
    - rodeo bull

there is so much more but this is all i can think off at the moment i would really like to see this added at one point in the game than i would be really happy
  • LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    edited March 2018
    I loved all the Sims games all the way to Sims 4. However I think my favorite as Sims 3 because the mechanics made for better storytelling. I would like to see Open Worlds,and most of all Vehicles and garages again. Would also like to see an option to edit worlds/create worlds, as well as horses. Loved horses. I would also like to see landlines, in case I wanted to do a story set before the age of cellphones.
  • PopcornHotsaucePopcornHotsauce Posts: 143 Member
    Memory system, attraction system, fears and wants, (or likes and dislikes), normal sized objects, more danger and quirkiness, animations like the pizza delivery person getting the pizza from the trunk of their junker car. Carpools with upgraded cars the higher you were promoted. (I don't need an open world, and would actually be okay with a car disappearing off the lot/street. I just enjoyed the animations of getting in the car and seeing the sim drive/be driven away...even having a travel-based load screen showing an animation of my sim in the car/plane/whatever would be bearable). Canes for old people, spiral stairs.
  • freakyteen721freakyteen721 Posts: 173 Member
    Wants and fears.
    More personality traits like in sims 3; our current options are quite limited.
    Genie.
    Playpen for toddlers.
    Sprinkler: like in sims 2 you could add to the ceilings.
    Pizza Oven
    Sliding bookcase
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The clown coaster and the haunted coaster. I loved those.
    edited April 2018
    Older thread but I had a new one occur to me a few minutes ago while playing, editable ceiling tiles. I tend to build with darker interior and sometimes the glaringly white ceiling stands out like a sore thumb when taking screen shots.
    Post edited by TayoChan on
    fN2f7ds.png
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Recorders and players from the sims 3. Recording special moments then watching them on tv was really nice for me.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    The playground equipment (swings and see-saws ect..)
    And mostly horses. I played with them on a friend's PC but never got to experience them on console which is where I had access to Sims Pets for most of my Sims time.
    And create a style.
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    Recorders and players from the sims 3. Recording special moments then watching them on tv was really nice for me.

I really hope they will add this in at some point it really made moments special and made sure you didn't forget them they should add it in with a memory system like ts2 that would just go hand in hand
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    The Child outfits from the Sims 3 Generations
    Electric guitars.
    Drums.
    The buy mode stuff from the High Tech Stuff Pack for sims 3.

e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
    The ticket machine from Sims 2 that allowed a sim that owns a business to charge a fee to other sims for being on the lot. This would be really useful to me right now in my current game as I'm currently doing a collecting challenge where my sims are going to complete all non-event based collections and I would like to at the end make a museum.

The comic book writing skill from Sims 3. I actually used this one a lot as I am an aspiring comic artist and was my sim-selfs main money making thing.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Oh were to begin?..
    • Plumbots
    • Potion making
    • Slow dancing
    • Dancing sphere
    • Ballet bar
    • Cars
    • Sketch book (From TS3 university)
    • The juicer from TS2 and the ability to juice boots. (They made the sims freak out).
    • To be able to order take out
    • Fire fighters
    • Burglars

I could keep going on but I think I'll end my list.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    edited April 2018
    TS2 memory system is a must.
    Normal household managment. Now we must do everything mechanically. In TS2 any sim, even teens, could "go to live their own live" simply from the game-mode, there was no need to switch to neighborhood management mode. The same with divorces etc.
    Shower woohoo ;) It made showering two sims conveinant and speedy. I could get a couple up and ready for work faster if I only have one shower and build romance at the same time.
    fN2f7ds.png
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I miss more cute and realístic reactions and animations, interactions too...
    Actually i miss too many things from the old Sims games to make a small list. The thing i would really enjoy to see was actual remakes of previous EP and SP, the same animations (but improved and more fluid), the same objects (really, i know that they try tô stay true to the moment we are living know, but not everyone has modern houses and modern objects in real life), the same everything.
    But i loved tô see new things in Sims 3. In To The Future, Showtime, Island Paradise and many others brought newer gameplay we never had before.
    What i AM trying to say is... In my Head, It would make more sense for me If all new generations Just improved the graphics, made the game more fluid and improved, but with all the same things we had (or with more things, but never deleting something tô introduce something like the Veterinary thing in Cats & Dogs was used as an excuse to delete small pets and etc...) + separate new things that dont interfere in what we already had.
    Not everybodys would love It, like in all generations, but i think that less people would conplain... Every simmer loved Sims 2, how the kids played with eachothet and everything...
    Maybe they could patronize as: "remake EP", "remake SP", "new EP", "new SP", "remake EP", "remake SP"... We would get exactly something se know we love, but then we would be thrilled to see what New things we never had would be introduce in the game!
    THIS WOULD BE AWESOME! \( * 3 * )/
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Edit.: I would love to see how all the neighborhoods from Sims 1, 2 and 3, and the Sims Stories neighborhood, would look with Sims 4 graphics
  • Desari_SavageDesari_Savage Posts: 1 New Member
    I miss the mermaids from Island paradise. I would like them to put the seasons back into the game. lastly the large towns in the sims 3, its hard to complete the "big family tree" when you do not have houses to put your sims in. So yeah, Mermaids, weather, and lots of Lots.