Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

testing cheats cheat

exactly how do I use this to get rid of family funds please help.

Comments

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited February 2018
    Bring up the Cheat Menu then input Money [Number] replacing the part where it says number with the amount you want so if you want to clear everything put 0 and it will bring the funds down to 0.

I don't believe you need to put it in but if it doesn't work try putting testingcheats true in first.

(Alternatively you can also get the UI Cheats Extension mod which allows you to right click on the family funds and enter the amount you want there, it also does other stuff as well, but at the moment I believe it was broken by yesterdays patch so wait for it to be updated before using it)
    ~ ~ ~
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I have my cheat window up and I typed in testingcheats on money0 I also typed in testingcheatson money 0 . I must be typing it in wrong. because they still have all their money. for this challenge they have to be skint.
    It needs to have the brackets around the 0 it needs to be money [0]
    ~ ~ ~
    I tried that it still doesn't work. if you were typing it out in your game how would you write it please.
    Ctrl + Shift + C
    testingcheats on
    money 0

(I misspoke earlier when I said you needed the brackets I apologize. Its been a while since I've actually use the cheat as using the UI Extensions Cheat mod is just second nature at this point)
    ~ ~ ~
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Ctrl + Shift + C
    testingcheats on
    money 0

(I misspoke earlier when I said you needed the brackets I apologize. Its been a while since I've actually use the cheat as using the UI Extensions Cheat mod is just second nature at this point)

Thank you for your help. I'll write that in my sims notebook. I gave up in the end. I couldn't stand seeing my sims suffer. poor things.
  • WonderAisWonderAis Posts: 102 Member
    It appears that the specific issue you are having is that you are typing

"testingcheats on money 0"

all in one line.
    You should type two separate commands:

Ctrl + Shift + C
    "testingcheats on"
    Enter
    "money 0"
    Enter

without the quotation marks.
    That should work for you!
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Bring up the Cheat Menu then input Money [Number] replacing the part where it says number with the amount you want so if you want to clear everything put 0 and it will bring the funds down to 0.

I don't believe you need to put it in but if it doesn't work try putting testingcheats true in first.

(Alternatively you can also get the UI Cheats Extension mod which allows you to right click on the family funds and enter the amount you want there, it also does other stuff as well, but at the moment I believe it was broken by yesterdays patch so wait for it to be updated before using it)

It was broken? Of course... At least that probably pinpoints my weird age bar visual glitch.
    edited February 2018
    Yeah it's still broken as far as I know. That one usually breaks with patches since they almost always tweak the UI when patching things but the creator gets it updated as quickly as possible. They've already gotten one of their other mods updated so I'm sure they're working on the UI Cheats mods as well (I haven't checked the Broken Mod thread yet to see if it's been updated yet).

ETA: Mod has been Updated.
    ~ ~ ~