Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 vs. Sims 4?

futurevet201futurevet201 Posts: 59 Member
Which sims game do you prefer the most out of Sims 3 or Sims 4? This is an open question so comment down below what your opinion/reasoning is!
I did a push-up today!
Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
I need some chocolate.

Sims 3 vs. Sims 4? 94 votes

Sims 3
53%
SimsprocfunGRIMMYCelticgamer0Jessa_DakkarColorist40ScarletQueenKatWritin_RegRukola_SchaafGryningmcorralBagoas77alanmichael1NinoosimBluellezagboorulesmarcel21JoAnne65mortiaJennyggSimplyJen 50 votes
Sims4
46%
GalacticGalIcewolfalan650111imhappyMeteoraStormsimgirl1010Sim2SporeZeldaboy180LadyTachunkakjkjkj123AngelEb95x_Always_Heart_xlucyshawPolluxSimssillyangel0906nayruslove7thekillergreeceHermitgirlvanee4RebeccaLynn 44 votes

Comments

• Options
    Sims4
    I never played Sims 3 so I have nothing to compare it to lol
    I did a push-up today!
    Well, actually I fell down. But I had to use my arms to get back up so...you know, close enough.
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sims 3
    I prefer the sims 3.

I’m not sure this will end well.
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Sims4
    I prefer sims 4 over 3. The aesthetic is gorgeous for screenshots since I primarily play for storytelling, but I also love BB mode and I will just mess around in CAS to relax. Main reason I prefer 4 over 3 is because I can actually play the game with no lag and no crashing. Also being able to travel/move to different worlds is a deal breaker for me.

I agree that this thread is not going to end well lol
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Sims4
    I loved The Sims 3 in the past, I loved the way that game is. When 4 comes however, I found my enjoyment in that game. After playing The Sims 4 I can't go back to Sims 3 anymore. I don't know if it was because of the new features but that is how I feel on the game. I am happy with the game right now, and I can't wait to see the future content they will introduce.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I love TS3's open world as the worlds felt bigger and fuller. It was also cool because you didn't have load screens and could just jump around the world with your household all in different places. I also liked that TS3 brought some originality to the franchise with tons of things we'd never had in the previous two and still don't have in TS4. TS3 was, IMO, is game for all simmers. I used to play TS3 for hours and hours, because there was SO much to do in the game. The major drawback of TS3 for me is how cartoon-like the sims look, especially after playing TS4.

TS4, and this is just my opinion, is more for family-style gameplay with its very much closed worlds and limited lots. When I played TS3, I NEVER downloaded CC, that was the first time I played an entirely vanilla game and didn't feel like I was missing anything. TS4 is not that way for me, even though I play family-style most of the time. I found myself having to download things that came with previous Sims games and downloading mods to make the game more enjoyable for me to where I would actually sit and play it. TS4, without the modding community, is the most limited Sims game I've ever seen.

I also agree that this isn't going to end well.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Sims4
    This thread probably won't end well but will be interesting for as long as it lasts lol
    I did a push-up today!
    I need some chocolate.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sims 3
    Having just gone back to 3, 3 is better for me. In 4 I run out of stuff to do in an hour and shut down because I am board. Yesterday, I experienced my first simming session where I lost track of time in a year with ts3. I only got it working last week, my past year has all been ts4, where quite frankly I probably spent less than six months actually playing consistently.
    I had forgotten a sims game could engage me as much as that, and I don't know how to explain it, there is just so many play styles available and goals to complete, in unique ways, that I get totally absorbed.
    I only have been using content from university and the base game so far, so I don't even think it is amount of packs added. I just have more control over everything, but I still have to work to maintain that control.

I also am worried about how this will go, but right now it is perfectly fine at least.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sims 3
    The Sims 4 was originally The Sims Online 2.0 called Project Olympus. It was scrapped after the SimCity 2013 Disaster and quickly remade into a singleplayer game using the assets of Project Olympus in under a year. They used excuses such as emotions, tech reasons, walk styles, etc. as to why pools, toddlers, create a style, etc. were not there at launch or ever seen again.

Sims 4 will never be the spiritual successor to The Sims 3. Its basically The Sims 1 2.0 and offers hardly anything. The DLC seems more than Sims 3 and that's because they're making DLC out of every little thing. Instead of bundling laundry with and expansion pack they sell it for $10 as a stuff pack. Same with bowling and vampires.

Sims 3 brought us a better CAS, open world, story progression, and more. Its DLC added so many new things we never saw in The Sims before such as Into The Future, Island Paradise with scuba diving and boating, Ambitions with active careers being a firefighter or a ghost hunter, Seasons brought in holidays and festivals and actual aliens for the first time. At the end of the day I say Sims 3 it has its flaws but offers more content and features for its asking price since day one unlike Sims 4. Plus unlike a Sims 3 expansion pack for $40 Sims 4 expansion packs feel like a $20 Sims 3 stuff pack. They just lack so much to be worthy of the expansion pack title compared to previous entry ones.

Unless The Sims 5 brings back The Sims 3 features and adds more along with improvements nothing will be worthy of being called a sequel to The Sims 3.

Also what held Sims 3 back was its 32-bit executable (4GB RAM limitations), sloppy coding, and bad engine (seriously just use Unreal or Frostbite or make a new one with people who know tech).
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Sims 3
    Sims 3 all the way...

7uQEZmF.jpg

3P6eI4v.jpg
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Sims 3
    TS3 will always hold a place in my heart like TS2 did, but whilst I jumped on the Sims 3 train and hardly looked back, it was not so with TS4. I still find myself missing a lot of the things Sims 3 had, but some of the new things of Sims 4 has me hooked. I wish there was a way to mix TS3 and TS4 together for the ultimate game :lol:
  • Options
    PolluxSimsPolluxSims Posts: 318 Member
    Sims4
    I'll always have love for TS3, but there's definitely no way I can go back after playing 4. The games are just too different; I actually tried getting back into 3 earlier this year, and just couldn't do it. It's not so much the game itself but the way the Sims look, and the clothes/hair that come with the game. Plus it took me weeks, literally, to find CC I liked when I tried to get back into 3. I didn't have many EPs for 3, and I don't currently have many for 4, so it's not like I'm losing much by not playing it anymore.
    Read my Sawyer Legacy Simlit on Wordpress
    - Origin ID: PolluxSims -
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Sims4
    For a variety of reasons. I genuinely miss the singer career, so much so that I'm attempting (with the use of a mod) to recreate one in Sims4. I prefer how lively the Sims are, themselves, in Sims4. They're much closer to the Sims2 Sims. That's what kept me from flat-out loving Sims3 — beyond the wonkyness of the bug-infested game that it was.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Sims4
    After my Sims 1 would no longer load on my new computer in 2016, because of Windows 10, I did extensive research on both. The things people loved about Sims 3 were things I disliked, and that was based on gameplay video which I watched. Sims 4 looked more my style at that point. Now there are a few things added since that time that I dislike about Sims 4, but I can either mod those out or not play with those elements.
  • Options
    kjkjkj123kjkjkj123 Posts: 51 Member
    Sims4
    If I had to play just one for the rest of my life, I’d pick Sims 4 because there is a lot more you can do with your sims and it seems more lively. With that said, there are some aspects of TS3 that I like better than TS4.
    One of them has to do with the open world and freedom of TS3 compared to TS4. One thing I dislike about Sims 4 is having to go through loading screens in order to go to some place outside of home. It’s also frustrating when it takes a long time to load. Thankfully, I barely have this problem given that I have a pretty good Mac laptop.
    The build mode is also more harder to use in TS4 than TS3 IMO. With TS4, I feel very limited to what I can and cannot do, unlike on TS3 where I can download stuff off the exchange and pick any kind of design I want.
    I’m also particularly not a fan of the cartoonish hair of TS4, but I do like how my sims look when I download CC.
    Another thing about Sims 4 that annoys me is that you cannot move your sims where ever you want. On TS3, I was able to move my sims using the moveobjects cheats. That’s not the case with TS4. It makes it very difficult just to get my sims in the right position when posing.
    I also find it more easy to take care of sims on TS3 than on TS4. It probably has to do with the various fluctuations of emotions that Sims on TS4 have compared to TS3. Emotions play a very big role in TS4.
    tumblr_mp33xbxIYg1rg0s30o1_250.gifBenzi chibna looble bazebni gweb
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Sims4
    This will not end well.
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi folks.

I'm going to have to weigh in here. We have seen this exact topic discussed multiple times at great length and it has never ended well. Each time the threads have had to be inevitably closed as a result of how they were conducted.

Topics that can cause heated debates or invoke strong opposing reactions cause discourse and can result in moderation. For the health of the community we are not inclined to leave such discussions open. The 'Sims3 vs Sims 4' is a baiting discussion due to how the community conduct themselves and will be closed.

I am bringing this to your awareness in case this was not known. I would ask you to please make note of this as baiting is against the Sims forum rules. For the aforementioned reasons, I am closing this thread. Thank you.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top