Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do cats and dogs have any kind of interactions between themselves?

I just moved two families in together and one had a dog and one had a cat and so far I haven't noticed either animal even noticing each other. Since we can't control the animals I can't see whether they even have interactions with each other. I realize they can't breed cats and dogs together so there isn't much need for them to interact but I think in real life they'd definitely sniff each other and maybe even not get along but mine just never even acknowledge they even exist.

Comments

• Options
    RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    They do.
  • Options
    TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    My dog and fox sniff each other and chase each other. They also groom the kittens. The adult cat hisses here and there at the dogs, but plays with the kittens. Annnnnd of course the kittens are always playing together. All five pets go running through the house as well.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sometimes my German Shepherd and Scottish Fold sniff each other or play.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    tumblr_p1xsbhgLFo1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p1xsbhgLFo1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    This one will give your Sims the autonomous action "react to cute moment" in their queue.

The also fight/haggle over food:
    tumblr_p1rrla6DUM1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg

And play:
    tumblr_p1ot9d1wok1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p1ot9d1wok1v8k7elo4_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p12olcOSvl1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    tumblr_p070fmvxCw1v8k7elo3_1280.jpg

I don't know if this one counts a chasing, but you could say it is:
    tumblr_ozoaolNirg1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg
    This one is clearer though:
    tumblr_ozoa3vRFVy1v8k7elo2_1280.jpg

They might also be able to get into fights together. Although I have not seen a cat an a dog fight - I have seen two dogs and two cats fight each other though.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I just moved two families in together and one had a dog and one had a cat and so far I haven't noticed either animal even noticing each other. Since we can't control the animals I can't see whether they even have interactions with each other. I realize they can't breed cats and dogs together so there isn't much need for them to interact but I think in real life they'd definitely sniff each other and maybe even not get along but mine just never even acknowledge they even exist.

Well... that's not entirely true... If you don't mind modding your game, that is... -

http://sims4studio.com/post/89311
    Playable Pets mod

Created Nov.14, 2017, Updated Dec.7, 2017

I saw this on The Sim Supply channel and I absolutely knew I HAD TO have it!! It always bothered me that I couldn't (at least) see how my pet's needs were, or anything!

Btw, this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXEnRHAsfBU
    (The Sim Supply: Playable Pets mod) 20:54

- is where I FIRST saw this mod

Hope this helps! :+1:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    As many others have said already: they absolutely do. They play together, they nuzzle/lick each other, one of the cutest things I saw lately was when I aged one of my cats to elder, the other cat had a birthday cake thought bubble and was meouwing, clearly understanding what's going on.

I have households with both cat and dog, and that doesn't stop them from being good friends and playing together and nuzzling each other.

I'd say your pets just need some time to get used to each other. :)