We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
February 23rd - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All packs prices increased by on many countries

Comments

• HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    I doubt EA will Change the prices because they just wanted too. I know EA is a greedy corporation, but I doubt they change this just because they wanted to. There must be an economic explanation in this price change.

Then why this price change is just on The Sims 4?
    Male. INFP. Virgo.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    I think there are several reasons.

1.) Licensing fees, trade agreements, and higher shipping costs can drive sales prices up.

2.) Prices are actually cheaper for simmers who pay in Euros if you look at the minimum wage of US versus say, Spain. Minimum wage in Spain is E8.84 where as US is $7.25. If you do some math, (for the sake of simplicity, we are not considering taxes) you will find that the U.S. worker has to work 1 hour and 17 mins to make $9.99 whereas the Spanish worker only has to work 1 hr, 7 mins. That means in the long run, some other countries are actually paying less than the U.S. even with the new higher prices. Countries that are not on the Euro or Dollar system (US, Canada, Australia) are not a main source of income, so EA most likely does not care about the affordability to that certain country since it's not a money maker to them, such as Brazil. They make most of their money in Canada, US, and Europe.

3.)
    Inflation. With recent upheaval with Brexit and various other events, the Euro has been flexing a bit. Last time I was in Europe, a Euro was $0.73 US dollar to every 1 Euro. Now 1 Euro is $0.81

In short, Economics stinks.

Now explain point 2 and 3 for Latam

Specific talking Argenrtina:
    a) what licensing fees, trade agreements and shipping cost? It is mainly digital download here, even Expansion Packs
    b) even with cheaper USD prices than had The Sims 4, if see price/salary it still was a bit more expensive than at USA
    c) Inflation.... ok, but you said Europe, where Euro was increased price against USD. But here than each USD cost more ARS than before?

I know here we used same site and origin version than at Mexico, but I dunno at that country the situation be different than here
    edited January 2018
    OK, at Mexico situation USD/MXN is not same than Argentina USD/ARS

EA should take consideration on each country, or countries where inflation is worse than other countries, per example Argentina (thanks neoliberalism)

Im seeing at xe.com and all currencies than appear at
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/01/16/origin-has-changed-prices-for-the-sims-4-packs-in-multiple-countries/
    graphics are decreasing, it mean USD is cheaper now than January 2017 for they

A48.png95A.png391.png16A.pngA00.png1F0.pngF10.pngAs you can see, for Argentina the graphic show than USD cost much more ARS than 1 year before Yes maybe is not culp of EA, else our worst president in the last 50 years (yes, I said it as he presented his gov as the best team of the last 50 years) and we at end of 2015 changed from a people gov to a neoliberal gov, than this last said the previous gov had too low the USD exchange atrificially
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited January 2018
    That's why a LOT of people here don't buy EA products and download games for free.
    lol i love your honesty. you guys keep downloading them free games, youre heros for the poor countries who cannot afford expensive sh*tty games.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I doubt EA will Change the prices because they just wanted too. I know EA is a greedy corporation, but I doubt they change this just because they wanted to. There must be an economic explanation in this price change.

maybe theyre going bankrupt? :#

EA makes 5.4 Billion dollars a year - they definitely aren't going bankrupt. They are one of the stocks in our stock portfolio for our 401k and our stock broker only keeps the top money making companies in our portfolio. No chance of them going bankrupt. LOL. But the prices they charge are related to the World trade laws - so when the laws change in different countries EA's prices has to change - they don't really have control over that as they are a public company being part of the stock market and World economy Trade rules and regulations.

EA should quit bragging and start doing something useful for this community. if they have that much money then they could easily step up their games?? get it? :D
    and why the prices have gone wild only with sims 4?? im quite sure they have total control over that.
    maybe sims games are their only source of profit? because their other games are a total flop. :D
    Post edited by princess_kaguya on
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    That's why a LOT of people here don't buy EA products and download games for free.
    lol i love your honesty. you guys keep downloading them free games, youre heros for the poor countries who cannot afford expensive sh*tty games.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

maybe theyre going bankrupt? :#

EA makes 5.4 Billion dollars a year - they definitely aren't going bankrupt. They are one of the stocks in our stock portfolio for our 401k and our stock broker only keeps the top money making companies in our portfolio. No chance of them going bankrupt. LOL. But the prices they charge are related to the World trade laws - so when the laws change in different countries EA's prices has to change - they don't really have control over that as they are a public company being part of the stock market and World economy Trade rules and regulations.

EA should quit bragging and start doing something useful for this community. if they have that much money then they could easily step up their games?? get it? :D
    and why the prices have gone wild only with sims 4?? im quite sure they have total control over that.
    maybe sims games are their only source of profit? because their other games are a total flop. :D

That is not how companies have to do business. Fair Trade laws prevent public companies from under cutting or over cutting their competitors. They have go by set price ranges. Private and small companies can get away with those kind of things, but not companies like EA. Big Business laws prevent what you want, and the governments of the world prevent them from giving away the revenue. Don't know how it is in your country but you break tax laws you are in major trouble. They have to collect taxes and fee exchanges set for international trade, and prices have to also be set so they are fair for the other companies they compete against. To help people EA is big on donating to many causes and charities. They are known for it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,692 Member
    edited January 2018
    Prices do rise because of your country's economy, but it also drops because of it. We used to pay 10 dollars more than Australia per stuff, expansion and gamepack in 2015 although our currency was similar, but after a while of our stronger dollar we had a price drop and now pay the same as Australia. So it does not just rise, we need to try and be understanding, our country determines the rises and drops not EA, they are just trying to keep all the currencies the same which is super hard with the economy yo yoing as it is right now.
  • jonilla1jonilla1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited January 2018
    The prices here in Finland have always been 9,90€ for stuff packs, 19,90€ for game packs and 39,90€ for expansion packs.
    To me these are not bad for GP's and EP's but stuff packs are little bit too pricey compared to what comes with them. Around 5-7€ would be better imo.
    Origin EA ID: Xaldin257 Friend requests are welcome.

Some of my creations in the gallery use CC so remember to enable them in the gallery's options to see them all.
    I want than EA separe argentina from mexico
    Clearly economic situation was way far too different and dollar here is expensive
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,493 Member
    The UK price has increased to £9.99 which is $13.76 USD.

Slimy cash grab, I refuse to buy at this price. I'll wait for a sale or for it to be available elsewhere at £7.99 or less.

Hmmm... not impressed. I finally went to buy it today and saw the price and changed my mind. I know it's only a few quid, but it's the principle.

And how come nobody else is selling it? I've looked on Game, cd keys, Amazon UK... nada.
  • cheifeagleeyecheifeagleeye Posts: 542 Member
    edited January 2018
    I live in the UK and if you go to game.co.uk you can still buy all stuff packs for £7.99 each
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,493 Member
    I live in the UK and if you go to game.co.uk you can still buy all stuff packs for £7.99 each

But those are all the old stuff packs. They don't have Laundry...
  • killed.Persephonekilled.Persephone Posts: 53 Member
    The price increases in Brazil seem to complain about that.
    However, some people keep forgetting that Brazil don't have the US dollar as their currency, but rather the Brazilian Real (BRL).

Laundry Day Stuff costs $ 9.99, which makes about $ 32.20 BRL. Now everyone sees the 9.99 and automatically assume that it is like that in every country. In theory, that's true even if there were no exchange rates and so would be paid and traded in any country in the world with USD, EUR or GBP. Prices rise and fall with the market economy.

For me in Germany the prices are 9.99 € (Stuff Packs), 19.99 € (Game Packs) and 39.99 € (Expansions Packs).

If you convert accordingly, you can understand the prices. Also, keep in mind that Sims is a US-programmed product that will be released from there into the world.
    ORIGIN-ID: killedPersephone
    My Builds: Dark Dreams Architectures
    And more thinking than noow it is over-priced here for Argentina
    Mostly if you see than unline TS3 there is only 1 spanish, fro spain

Only at spain speak spanish spain
    For this side of the world it is horrible!

For spanish spain Heladera is ice cream maker (CK), for us Heladera is fridge
    For spanish spain Coger is pick up, for us Coger is F * * k
    Computer, only for spanish spain is Ordenador, here is Computadora

I mean... if will be over priced here, al least add latin america language
  • princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

omg this is so bad! i speak brazilian portuguese and indeed the european version of portuguese is very different. thats why i like to play my game in english :kissing_smiling_eyes:
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yeah here in the UK the price for the packs have gone up, for example a stuff pack is now £9.99 from £7.99 which in my opinion is unjustified. If it was a price rise to say £8.50 I would be less annoyed. It would be fair enough if we was all earning more but we aren't.
    source_1.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,050 Member
    The following countries will see price changes:

Brazil
    Canada
    Denmark
    Italy
    Korea
    Mexico
    Norway
    Poland
    Spain
    Sweden
    South Africa
    United Kingdom

this is the countries effected by this 🐸🐸🐸🐸 increase money for packs

Spain ??? Italy ??? The price is different with the same currency €uro ???

edited January 2018
    @leo3487 wrote: »
    c) Inflation.... ok, but you said Europe, where Euro was increased price against USD.

And there is no difference between Spain/Italy and Germany, it's still the same currency but German products will be cheaper.

Just EA want to increase their profits. I would understand if the quality of their products would increase but it's not the case.

Year after year, the quality decreases, the products are always half-baked.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • ShakuahiShakuahi Posts: 129 Member

But those are all the old stuff packs. They don't have Laundry...

I've asked them on twitter when we can expect Laundry Day. They said they are working on it, but can't really say when it will be available.
    ronswanson1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=920
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Ciarassims wrote: »
    Yeah here in the UK the price for the packs have gone up, for example a stuff pack is now £9.99 from £7.99 which in my opinion is unjustified. If it was a price rise to say £8.50 I would be less annoyed. It would be fair enough if we was all earning more but we aren't.
    source_1.gif

Well... The British people chose to decrease the value of their currency on purpose. That's what happens. It's basic economics.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    edited January 2018
    Strangely it happens before the last quarter of the fiscal year 2018... and before GP06 is released.
    Only TS4 is concerned ? The other games will keep their current prices ???

Note: The FY18 Q3 results will be announced at the end of the month.

Andrew Wilson - Electronic Arts Inc. - CEO & Director
    The Sims is a very valuable brand for us, a very valuable IP
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »

omg this is so bad! i speak brazilian portuguese and indeed the european version of portuguese is very different. thats why i like to play my game in english :kissing_smiling_eyes:

@princess_kaguya The game doesn't have european portuguese anymore, only pt_BR.

I'm noticing there are many people here more concerned with justifying EA's actions than supporting the fellow simmer who can't afford the new prices around the world, which is a pity: with a strong enough pressure everyone would benefit from more sales and lower standards for the packs' price.

"Oh, but there are taxes! That's all your country problems!" Yeah, it's not like we didn't know the company doesn't care at all about us; they'd never lose a few millions to make us happy, after all they're too busy being the worst company ever.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I heard about this. So far, my country has not been affected by this, but I can imagine how annoying it must be for those who were. This is most strange- as others absorbed before me, I see little logic in raising the prices in Spain and Italy, but leaving the German ones the same.
    edited January 2018
    Maybe thanks to the new US tax law, EA could bring more more at home.

EA gets 61.8% of Overseas cash ($2.8 billions).
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    :( I heard about this and geez look like ill have to buy game packs for while.cause am from canada and am not going to pay $51.99, every end of the mouth ill go broke...
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top