Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to get people to buy baked goods?

Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
My poor little sim has only one wish: to sell one baked good. So I sent her to the fall festival to try and do just that. Unfortunately, she quickly became bored from lack of customers and went to go bob for apples. Is there any way to achieve this goal? Any advice would be much appreciated and would put a smile on my little sim's face.

2m849kp.jpg

Comments

• CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited December 2017
    Has been so long,but think it has to do with the newspaper.Called the baking report it tells what taste is popular like if says blueberry make them and bring them in her inventory to community lot and set up shop.In SV best place is in front of movie theatre lot.

You can bake ahead since they can be put in fridge for a while so make several things wait for that to be in report

Edit to say: Each premade world has hotspots with high sim traffic as mentioned about SV knowing where they go a lot helps but remember to don't only bring one plate of baked stuff
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Missa_SissaMissa_Sissa Posts: 328 Member
    Has been so long,but think it has to do with the newspaper.Called the baking report it tells what taste is popular like if says blueberry make them and bring them in her inventory to community lot and set up shop.In SV best place is in front of movie theatre lot.

You can bake ahead since they can be put in fridge for a while so make several things wait for that to be in report

Edit to say: Each premade world has hotspots with high sim traffic as mentioned about SV knowing where they go a lot helps but remember to don't only bring one plate of baked stuff

Do hotspot places automatically show on the map?
    edited December 2017
    Not those kind,not the bar marker but as in natural high traffic like mentioned the theatre in SV.It has 3 community lots in one area and draws many sims at once.In Lucky Palms the Diner with the deck is pretty popular

DfydFiZ.gif
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    My singer sim in Starlight Shores always drew a huge crowd on the coffeehouse lot, so that would be the place there. What world are you playing in?
    @IreneSwift That is a good one :p great spot to peddle some muffins and cookies

DfydFiZ.gif
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I remember reading once that there’s an issue with that. This mod apparently does the trick?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member

As far as I know there isn't an issue with the autonomy of Sims buying from a bake sale. And this was in front of his house.
    Screenshot-304.jpg
    Screenshot-301.jpg

This one is more recent.
    Screenshot-2662.jpg

There are different strategies for a successful bake sale.
    -Pricing
    -Timing (Pick a common time when most are out of work and/or choose to sell on weekends.)
    -Baked goods quality
    -Baked goods favored
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    My singer sim in Starlight Shores always drew a huge crowd on the coffeehouse lot, so that would be the place there. What world are you playing in?

Appaloosa Plains.
    The newspaper says the baking report is nearly at zero, that no one really wants anything.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »

Appaloosa Plains.

That is a really tough world to draw a crowd for anything in. I'm also currently playing there, and I've had my sim play for tips at the festival grounds, the dog park, the cat park, and the beach, and she's lucky to get one or two to watch at any of those places, never mind tipping. Maybe there is a good place, but I certainly haven't found it.
    Deshong04 wrote: »
    As far as I know there isn't an issue with the autonomy of Sims buying from a bake sale. And this was in front of his house.

When I first played with generations, years ago, I remember having a child sell from in front of their house, and lots of sims stopped to buy, and I wasn't even doing any of the things you've suggested. But I haven't had children doing it all that much over the years, and more recently, on the rare occasions that I've tried it, I had the same experience of nobody paying any attention, no matter where they have their stand. I can't help but wonder if something about it has changed with an update somewhere along the way. EA has a history of breaking things with updates.

I'm going to save your strategy suggestion for the next time I have a child try it.
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,920 Member
    @IreneSwift in that link I posted above, it explains that a line that's been added to the HTML code relating to Bake Sales prevents sims from buying from a bake sale your sim is having, but they will buy from bake sales other sims are having. The mod provided fixes that particular issue by changing the flag in the code to allow them to buy from your sim too.
    Karritz wrote: »
    @IreneSwift in that link I posted above, it explains that a line that's been added to the HTML code relating to Bake Sales prevents sims from buying from a bake sale your sim is having, but they will buy from bake sales other sims are having. The mod provided fixes that particular issue by changing the flag in the code to allow them to buy from your sim too.

Thank you so much! I will be downloading this tonight when I play again!
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I very recently installed Ambitions and I just put the bake stand in the front yard and lots of sims came to buy baked goods.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

I posted that link as well..? :/
    5JZ57S6.png
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

I posted that link as well..? :/

I clicked on the link and at the end of the article it has a mod download link. :)