February 15 - Friday Highlight is here, waiting for you to check it out!
How do we choose our Maxis Faves? - Our curation guide got a revamp! If you want to get an insight on how Maxis Faves are curated, check it out!

blocky shadows?

ever since the nov. 7 patch, some items in my game have blocky shadows. it's not just CC either. here's a base game object:

VybD2Ap.png

here are some other objects:

Osm9PhD.png
GeWMIzI.png

is anyone else having this issue?
I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 143,107 Member
    edited November 2017
    Hello
    Edit ; I have removed the link to the AHQ EA site thread as the shadows may be connected with the items themselves.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 48,769 Member
    Nope.

What is your graphics card? Could be a graphic issue. Have you taken out all your CC/mods first and then test out the base game objects?
    My origin ID: DeKaythePUNK
    QcfAIPA.gif
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 263 Member
    my entire computer is custom built for gaming. it's not my graphics card.

K7ZEXAi.png
    You know what, I actually don't recognize any of these base game items.

Could you give me the names of the items, just in case I'm forgetting about them?
    QcfAIPA.gif
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 30,671 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    You know what, I actually don't recognize any of these base game items.

Could you give me the names of the items, just in case I'm forgetting about them?

I don't recognize them either. I think those might actually be CC.
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
    god, I'm such an plum. I thought the accordion rack was from the game. but as much of an plum as I am, I'm sure I could find something from the game that does it too.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 30,671 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    god, I'm such an plum. I thought the accordion rack was from the game. but as much of an plum as I am, I'm sure I could find something from the game that does it too.

No problem :) I wish it was a Maxis item. It's cute!
    FAQ: culling relationship decay
    #freethebabies #TeamToasters #TeamPlayableGnomes #TeamFarms #FarmTeam #BouncyCastle!!
    Reitanna wrote: »

Okay, when you do, do post the name of the item here so I can go and check in my game. :) But so far in my game, I'm not seeing the problem.
    QcfAIPA.gif
    with the way my luck's been going lately, I won't just not find a game object that does this, but my entire computer's hard drive will explode for no plumming reason.

K7ZEXAi.png